Bradley McDougald’s Jets tenure is likely over.

kmnj

47 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Think the OP said Bradley Cooper's tenure as an Eagles fan is over.  Probably 'cause Wentz has played so badly.

I think he meant D.B. Cooper, the guy who jumped out of the plane over Washington and they never found him or the money. Oh s*** I turned this into a Jamal Adams thread!?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

The crux of the Jamal trade was not the acquisition of of Bradley McDougald, but the 3 high draft picks we received to dump a cancerous player that didn't want to be here and would've 100% walked away in free agency leaving us with nothing. McDougald playing well would've only been the cherry top of one already delicious sundae. Who cares if he sucks?

Marcus Maye's "emergence" of sorts is a big net positive, too.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

People here LOVED McDougald just a few short months ago. “Starting safety, elite in coverage” I read many times. 

And?  He did well in Seattle.  He didn't do well here.  Oh well. 

We're about to pick 3 times in the first 33 or 34 selections and 8 times in the first 5 rounds.  Then two more times in the 2022 first round.  I'm good.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Meh.  Bradley was a throw-in with this trade.  Basically an average/JAG starter for one year to plug a hole at Safety with a guy who has NFL experience.  The plan all along anyway was to get Maye and Ashtyn Davis on the field together as the Safety pair.

No biggie.  He wasn't going to be extended anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Another legit criticism of douglas who apparently walks on water.

Compared to the last 2-4 GM's he does.  

2020 draft class:  Already the best Jets draft in 13 years.  And he got a Khalil Mack-esque package of picks for an overrated Box Safety.  Not a bad start at all.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

What he got for Adams has no bearing at all on how lousy mcdougald has been, zero.

Essentially it was the adams deal and a 4th rounder for McDougald, who at the time people were praising up as being a good player.

Douglas is a very promising Gm and has made some great moves, it doesn't mean he has not made bad moves as well.

Why do people think Douglas' strongest supporters think this isn't the case?  Constantly pointing out that he has, in fact, made mistakes is not news worthy.  He admitted he made mistakes himself in his post-trade deadline press conference, specifically regarding Robby Anderson.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Marcus Maye's "emergence" of sorts is a big net positive, too.  

Maye should be extended.  No doubt about it IMO.  He's not great, but he's definitely above average and he'd be a steady hand in a very young Secondary.  I started a separate thread specifically about him a couple weeks ago showing that not only is he good but his best quality might be his consistency.  Solidly above average play for 3 years.  Combine that with the fact he was drafted here and it just makes sense to find a way to keep one of our own when we just jettisoned the guy next to him in August for a boatload of picks.

Extend Maye, pair him with Davis, sign another JAG safety, and then prioritize one solid CB in free agency to throw in there with the young group we have of Hall, Bless Austin, even Maulet and Jackson.  That Secondary isn't very far from being good.  Just like WR I'd use the "Sign one / Draft one" approach this coming Spring.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

exactly some even saying he was just as good..... now he was a jaq expected to do nothing

I don't think I'd put it that way at all.

He was expected to produce to his career averages (generally), which were less than Adams in some categories (run stopping) and better in others (Pass D and INT's). 

He didn't come close.  No question he is a disappointment.

I guess I'm just curious what the point is this thread, in Jets Fans seemingly taking glee that the guy was unusually crap this year. 

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I think he meant D.B. Cooper, the guy who jumped out of the plane over Washington and they never found him or the money. Oh s*** I turned this into a Jamal Adams thread!?

Well, D.B.’s hijacking took place in the Northwest, which includes Washington State where Seattle is located, and....guess who plays there?

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

What he got for Adams has no bearing at all on how lousy mcdougald has been, zero.

Essentially it was the adams deal and a 4th rounder for McDougald, who at the time people were praising up as being a good player.

Douglas is a very promising Gm and has made some great moves, it doesn't mean he has not made bad moves as well.

McDougald playing lousy isn't Douglas' fault; its Mcdougald.

Show me a post when the trade occurred where everyone DIDN'T think it was a steal, first of all to get the three picks for Adams, but a starter in Mcdougald, and I will show you a post that has been doctored.  There wasn't ANYONE on this board who didn't think it was a great move.  

Again, the comments are for the fact this guy is crapping on the board with all his moronic nonsense.  

19 hours ago, kmnj said:

another move that failed bigly

lets hope joe actually can do something with the picks we got for adams-if he fails there(I hope he does not) he will be right there with mac and izadick

Really poor take.

Depending on the coach, he may actually be a fit next year.  If not he will help in our comp pick formula, although we will likely be big buyers. 

Are people are actually whining about a thrown in player taken to fill the hole created by the trade and probably to take some money off of Seattles payroll and nothing more.  It was never a long term solution.  

The key to the point of this troll thread is "lets hope joe actually can do something with the picks we got for adams-if he fails there(I hope he does not) "

Lets hope he can do something with the picks BUT I hope he does not?????

• Sympathy 1

I don't think it's such a hot move. Cfb season is compromised, all the best players opted out with no season. All the non power 5 players are missing from the draft pool, it's a terrible year to stock Pile picks

Not to mention how hard it is to find a 24 year old 2x all pro in the first place, regardless of the position he plays.

McDougald playing lousy isn't Douglas' fault; its Mcdougald.
Show me a post when the trade occurred where everyone DIDN'T think it was a steal, first of all to get the three picks for Adams, but a starter in Mcdougald, and I will show you a post that has been doctored.  There wasn't ANYONE on this board who didn't think it was a great move.  
Again, the comments are for the fact this guy is crapping on the board with all his moronic nonsense.  

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's a terrible year to stock Pile picks

No its not, not if you pick the right players

And its still in relation to what others do with their picks.  

Not buying it, thats a "we shouldnt have traded my Jamal" excuse