Bradley McDougald’s Jets tenure is likely over.

kmnj

40 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Not to mention how hard it is to find a 24 year old 2x all pro in the first place, regardless of the position he plays.

Yeah, I don't see it a bad thing to trade a whiny, bitchy 24 year old 2x pro bowl safety who wants QB money and hasn't helped the franchise he was traded to, specifically because of the position he plays.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Yeah, I don't see it a bad thing to trade a whiny, bitchy 24 year old 2x pro bowl safety who wants QB money and hasn't helped the franchise he was traded to, specifically because of the position he plays.

he leads the 8-3 seahawks in sacks 

i like how you breezed by all the CFB stuff 

this is like a year where Danny Woodhead got canceled and the first 10 picks all we have are Joe McKnight's 

drafting preps out of a magazine 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

No its not, not if you pick the right players

And its still in relation to what others do with their picks.  

Not buying it, thats a "we shouldnt have traded my Jamal" excuse

consider michael Jordan in the Last Dance

he goes to UNC he's a freshman he needs to get beat up by James Worthy going 1 on 1 after practice before he becomes dominant

he develops over the course of those games - the entire season 

now imagine half of that season was cancelled etc

I get that politics isn't allowed and everyone loves to wear green glasses but there are no prospects beyond the power 5 playing games and drafting two Alabama prospects one who played 8 games the other played 13 which do you think developed his skills more? 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

this is like a year where Danny Woodhead got canceled and the first 10 picks all we have are Joe McKnight's 

Adams is pretty much a liability in coverage.  These 6 sacks you keep gloating over aren’t worth $100 million dollars

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Adams is pretty much a liability in coverage.  These 6 sacks you keep gloating over aren’t worth $100 million dollars

it was 2 sacks then it was 3

the dude is going to have 10 or 12 by the season's end and those are worth money 

if he makes those plays in the playoffs, and hits the open market, he's going to make even more money than he would have with the Jets 

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it was 2 sacks then it was 3

the dude is going to have 10 or 12 by the season's end and those are worth money 

if he makes those plays in the playoffs, and hits the open market, he's going to make even more money than he would have with the Jets 

Hey if you want to brag about Adams’ stats how many interceptions does he have this season?

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I dunno dude. The recruiting ratings have gotten pretty good. I bet the espn 300 from four years ago was better than your board last year.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Again dude, there are a bunch of us on this website that are just not going to see eye-to-eye with you on this.

Great.  A box safety is leading Seattle in sacks.  Seattle is not 8-3 because of Jamal Adams.  That defense has been getting torched, and will quite frankly be their downfall this year. 

If we turn Jamal Adams into a starting centre for the next 10 years, a starting WR for the next 10 years, and a potential depth player at another position, I will take that trade 1000/1000 times.  

But yes, there is risk with this.  Adams was a known commodity who is a good/borderline great safety.  He's not Ronnie Lott/Ed Reed/Troy Polamalu good though. 

And yes, Douglas could whiff on all three picks. But that is how you go from good to great.  If you want to take a shot at building a perennial contender, you have to give up assets to gain potentially more assets. 

So he took our said asset who, quite frankly, was going to be nothing but a pain in the ass ala Darrelle Revis, and set himself up to possibly turn one starter into potentially three.  But time will tell if it works. 

There are many here as well who don't like the idea of tying up $15-20 million a season for someone who plays a position that can be filled every five years through a rinse and repeat method in drafting.  I'd take a new Marcus Maye every 5 years over Jamal and his $20 million contract.

Again, my opinion, and we are not going to see eye-to-eye on this about Jamal Adams.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

For someone who talks about "empty sacks" a lot, you sure love to give Jamal Adams credit for the one stat he's any good at.  

And you conveniently ignore what happens when he doesn't get to the QB.  6.5 sacks on 71 blitz attempts doesn't impress anybody.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

consider michael Jordan in the Last Dance

he goes to UNC he's a freshman he needs to get beat up by James Worthy going 1 on 1 after practice before he becomes dominant

he develops over the course of those games - the entire season 

now imagine half of that season was cancelled etc

I get that politics isn't allowed and everyone loves to wear green glasses but there are no prospects beyond the power 5 playing games and drafting two Alabama prospects one who played 8 games the other played 13 which do you think developed his skills more? 

Nine of this changes anything.   You draft someone in a normal season and he doesnt progress, so what, happens.  And you could see Jordans talent when he went to UNC, thats why he was beat up to improve.