PFF Idiots Want Trevor Lawrence to do an Eli Manning and demand a Trade to Dallas

Philc1

Fine with me, as long as we get their 1st and 2nd this year, 1st and third in 2022, and their 1st and their in 2023 - or something more - we could build a new OL with WR and RB in 21, a new defense in 22, and whoever is needed in 23; somewhere along the way we could even get a QB in the top 10 (22 or 23).

But that is just me :-)

I would prefer a bidding war however.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

The Cavaliers were the Jets of the NBA until they got a chance to draft a guy named Lebron James. He relished the opportunity.

If this kid is too scared to help turn around a franchise, then I want no part of him.

However...I don’t believe theres any truth to the notion that Lawrence doesn’t want to come here or anywhere else. You take on that challenge if you truly are a “generational talent.”

Cower and you can drop that label and be a “system QB.”

Same with the Saints and Brees 

That idiot said that Dak and their 1st round pick should be enough to get a deal done lmao. What is this guy smoking. Douglas doesn’t want $45m a year Dak Prescott. We are in rebuild mode.

If there was a trade it would have to include like 3 1s a couple 2s and 3s also. They can keep Dak. But if Trevor says he’s coming here then there’s no deal. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

That idiot said that Dak and their 1st round pick should be enough to get a deal done lmao. What is this guy smoking. Douglas doesn’t want $45m a year Dak Prescott. We are in rebuild mode.

If there was a trade it would have to include like 3 1s a couple 2s and 3s also. They can keep Dak. But if Trevor says he’s coming here then there’s no deal. 

I think it would have to be a lot more than that.  Trevor is getting the kind of hype of being a top 5 QB in the NFL.  Not that KC, Seattle or GB would trade their QBs, but could you imagine the kind of asking price it would take for them to even remotely consider trading their QB?!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think it would have to be a lot more than that.  Trevor is getting the kind of hype of being a top 5 QB in the NFL.  Not that KC, Seattle or GB would trade their QBs, but could you imagine the kind of asking price it would take for them to even remotely consider trading their QB?!

You know what you’re absolutely correct I underestimated that big time. If blitz boy got us two 1s and a 3 I don’t even know what the starting asking price would be on Lawrence. Your 1st round pick for the next 4-5 years? Something in that range I guess 

4 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

I'd rather sit on Trevor Lawrence's rights forever and not have him play football than to give in to a hypothetical demand to trade him away

I’m sure that would play well for JD if he walks away with nothing for first overall pick in draft. Easy to say now but pitchforks would be out and we all know it.

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Give it some time and that will happen. 

Would not work now and will not happen.  The tradition of a number one pick going to a terrible team has been going on for a long time and will continue.  The same articles were being written about Burrow last year.  It didn't happen last year either.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JiF said:

I'm outraged by the fact that they're rankings are actually being shown during the broadcast of the game.  When they show a player's stats during the games, they show the PFF rank as well.  It's outrageous! 

Probably helps that Chris Collinsworth is part owner of PFF. 

• Upvote 1

this is the stupidest thing i have heard yet.

1. why would we want Dak. he had a bad injury and might never be the same again. plus hes going to want a max contract. like the one Jerry Jones wouldnt give him last year. 

2. why would i swap picks at #4. if we do that Jax with take the 2nd best QB at #2. and then who are we stuck with, a maybe broken Dak. we wouldnt know till he plays and by then it will be too late.

besides did anybody think Dak is all that great?

and i dont think this will be a #4 in the end. Dallas has some winnable games left. SF, Phila, Giants, Cin, they could win a few of these.

• Upvote 2

How many times have new draftees been able to force trades? Sheila Manning And John Elway? 

if and when TL declares, Jets would hold all the cards. Don’t wanna play here? Well enjoy a 1 year vacation until Jets trade him to the first overall team in 2022 draft (which would probably be the Jets without TL anyways so back to square one until 2023)

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, JiF said:

I'm outraged by the fact that they're rankings are actually being shown during the broadcast of the game.  When they show a player's stats during the games, they show the PFF rank as well.  It's outrageous! 

Why? I just don't understand this point of view. There is not one tiny bit of me that gives a crap about this. It's all meaningless.

16 hours ago, Philc1 said:

One thing I’ll say positive about JD - I can’t see him getting bullied around by Lawrence’s agent or the media 

Yes.  JD has shown he’s not one to be pushed around by players.  Good and bad to that, but he’s clearly not going to put up with something like this.  

He’ll do what he believes in best for NY Jets....not the media.  

I feel very confident in that.  If the Jets have the #1 pick and TL is not playing for the Jets it’ll only because of JD’s choice.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, doitny said:

this is the stupidest thing i have heard yet.

1. why would we want Dak. he had a bad injury and might never be the same again. plus hes going to want a max contract. like the one Jerry Jones wouldnt give him last year. 

2. why would i swap picks at #4. if we do that Jax with take the 2nd best QB at #2. and then who are we stuck with, a maybe broken Dak. we wouldnt know till he plays and by then it will be too late.

besides did anybody think Dak is all that great?

and i dont think this will be a #4 in the end. Dallas has some winnable games left. SF, Phila, Giants, Cin, they could win a few of these.

Dak just isn't that good.  Aided early on by a great OL and running back.  I remember thinking last year when they played the Jets that Sam was the best QB on the field.  Don't think that Dak is much of a trade chip.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, Butterfield said:

I want them to draft Lawrence...

but

franchised Dak, Gallup, Collins, 2021 1st, 2021 2nd and 2022 1st? :) I’ll take it :) 

I agree. I mean, look, I'm no expect but if we get the top draft pick I'm willing to stick with the top QB prospect (Lawrence) and roll the dice hoping he is a generational talent and future superstar. 

However, JD and the Jets scouts may simply not be THAT high on TL. They may REALLY like Lance. And I would be fine with that. Lance looks like a future star to me. If the Dallas pick is high enough they could get Lance along with a very good starter and/or a boat load of picks.

But IMO this is not really going to be about TL demanding a trade from the Jets, this will be about JD considering offers from other teams for TL because they have so many other needs. Once Gase is fired, with JD at the helm, this is a team with a ton of cap space, roster flexibility and draft capital. I don't know TL personally but it makes no sense to pass on a team that will literally be able to build completely around you- FAs, system/coaches, draft picks.   

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.  JD has shown he’s not one to be pushed around by players.  Good and bad to that, but he’s clearly not going to put up with something like this.  

He’ll do what he believes in best for NY Jets....not the media.  

I feel very confident in that.  If the Jets have the #1 pick and TL is not playing for the Jets it’ll only because of JD’s choice.

Jamal Adams disagrees. He forced a trade out. 

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

I agree. I mean, look, I'm no expect but if we get the top draft pick I'm willing to stick with the top QB prospect (Lawrence) and roll the dice hoping he is a generational talent and future superstar. 

However, JD and the Jets scouts may simply not be THAT high on TL. They may REALLY like Lance. And I would be fine with that. Lance looks like a future star to me. If the Dallas pick is high enough they could get Lance along with a very good starter and/or a boat load of picks.

But IMO this is not really going to be about TL demanding a trade from the Jets, this will be about JD considering offers from other teams for TL because they have so many other needs. Once Gase is fired, with JD at the helm, this is a team with a ton of cap space, roster flexibility and draft capital. I don't know TL personally but it makes no sense to pass on a team that will literally be able to build completely around you- FAs, system/coaches, draft picks.   

If the Jets favor another prospect over Lawrence, you don't f**k around and trade down to 4.  You only trade down with Jacksonville and take your guy at 2.  Can't take the chance that the QB you covet will be taken ahead of you.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/3/2020 at 2:59 PM, jetscrazey said:

I'd rather sit on Trevor Lawrence's rights forever and not have him play football than to give in to a hypothetical demand to trade him away

i believe if we draft him and dont sign him he becomes a FA after a year. or is able to enter the draft again.

On 12/3/2020 at 4:01 PM, JetPotato said:

Who are the real idiots?

The people at PFF? Or the people who get outraged at their lame content and then promote it and boost their site?

I think the answer is obvious.

Not such a potato afterall :)

I'm so thankful that the Lawrence family; isn't the Manning family...

Because the Lawrence family will just be proud to see their son drafted into the NFL #1 overall; while our New York Jets make the Lawrence family millionaires forever. 

Compared to Archie Manning who's got a net worth of over $10,000,000 (with or without his two spoiled QB son's). 

screen-shot-2019-01-07-at-10_28.04-pm-e1546918222489.jpg.bd6258ee2dfc853b155671fa99b0d89b.jpg

They'll be thankful and celebrate as a family together on draft day. 

arch-peyton-eli-manning.thumb.jpg.cf80aae71a2fbf29859572c758d9326f.jpg

This spolied and born wealthy Manning rich kid will holdout. 

1514091637_maxresdefault(3).thumb.jpg.4b0185dadd6df7ee198c143d892d6c56.jpg

This humbled and grateful kid, won't. 

0bceb346b07941a6a0a70fa69674b1a0.jpg.df186a6879ea754fe470b47e44f5f8c2.jpg

4 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

Can’t wait to draft Trevor and have the entire media throng mourn the kids future. As if the cowgirls are any great shakes for the past 2 decades. 

Oh get ready for the lame, lazy Jets hatred from the media next January - April  crying about Lawrence’s career being over because he’s getting drafted by the jets