Mike Kafka thoughts?

GreekJet

The guy is going to be a hot commodity in 2022 once he takes over for Bienemy. 

I kind of like how he was a former QB/NFL backup. Always felt those guys made the best coaches. He’s also been the Reid his entire career as a player and coach. 

Hes only 33 so would be the youngest HC in the NFL. 

I don't like to trust coaches who have only ever been under one guy their whole careers. Taking another guy's system/style and brining it to a new team isn't easy and requires they put their own spin on it. Like Bieniemy, he needs to go do something somewhere without Reid before I'd seriously consider him as a HC. 

13 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

As others have said, as OC? Sure.

As the next HC? Not ready to go there.

I’m a pretty firm believer that the Jets need a proven commodity.

To hell with hiring a coordinator, much less a position coach.

The Eagles hired a QB coach as HC (Andy Reid) and he was there for 14 seasons. 

Kafka also is a former player who would understand and be able to relate to the team. 

32 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

The Eagles hired a QB coach as HC (Andy Reid) and he was there for 14 seasons. 

Kafka also is a former player who would understand and be able to relate to the team. 

Sure...but I’m not leaving the most important HC hiring in this teams history up to chance.

We’re most likely looking at drafting the most highly touted QB prospect in recent memory coupled with a young roster with few building blocks outside of Becton, Mims, Quinnen and...who else?

As I’ve said before, a guy like Harbaugh may not end up being the one to get us over the hump and winning a championship...but at least I have faith in him not completely wrecking a prospect like Lawrence and feel good about him developing a competent, young roster before we move on to the ace in the hole that can provide that.

Harbaugh for 3-4 years while not ruining our prized young QB and building a solid foundation >>>> Taking a complete shot in the dark on someone like Bienemy or Roman.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Sure...but I’m not leaving the most important HC hiring in this teams history up to chance.

We’re most likely looking at drafting the most highly touted QB prospect in recent memory coupled with a young roster with few building blocks outside of Becton, Mims, Quinnen and...who else?

As I’ve said before, a guy like Harbaugh may not end up being the one to get us over the hump and winning a championship...but at least I have faith in him not completely wrecking a prospect like Lawrence and feel good about him developing a competent, young roster before we move on to the ace in the hole that can provide that.

Harbaugh for 3-4 years while not ruining our prized young QB and building a solid foundation >>>> Taking a complete shot in the dark on someone like Bienemy or Roman.

agreed. we need a big name coach so this talk of Trevor not coming here ends, 

sorry but Kafta, Bienemy , there not exciting enough to stop Trevor from pulling some Eli sh*t

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Somehow using a guy that was never a success at QB being hired to groom our QB doesn't sit well.

The best coaches are not typically all star players.

As said, I like the idea of bringing him in as OC but if Bieniemy leaves this year, no way Kafka turns down OC of the Chiefs to be OC of the Jets.