Who are some of the best NCAA players (prospects) that as Jet fans we aren't talking about...? Mine is ELIJAH MOORE!

I'll start it off with...

ELIJAH MOORE. WR (5'9/185 lbs). Ole Miss (same school as D.K Metcalf). 

We've all been talking up the likes of WR's such as Chase (LSU), TE Pitts (Florida), Waddle (Alabama), Smith (Alabama), Marshall Jr. (LSU), Batemam (Minnesota), Moore (Purdue) and Wallace (Oklahoma State) etc, etc. 

But it's really been Elijah Moore who's not only dominating the SEC but also leads the entire Country/Nation in both Receptions (86) and Receiving Yards (1,193) along with ranking top 10 in TD Receptions @ 9th overall (8); 0 Fumbles as well. 

He's played 8 games this year with a mind boggling and eye opening 7 games being of at least 10+ receptions and every game except for two has been of at least 113+ receiving yards (three games of 225+ receiving yards?!?) and just look at what he's done against two top 5 teams in Alabama and Florida; it's absolutely nuts. 

I keep heading into games as a Najee Harris/Devonta Smith and Kyle Pitts fan but yet keep walking away asking myself who is this guy and why aren't we as Jet fans absolutely raving about this kid when he's been (by far) the most dominating WR in the Country within an elite SEC Conference?!?

Screenshot_20201204-014401.thumb.png.9ce8d71d9e4ef91acd47945662350e66.png

I'm not even seeing this kid mocked within the first two rounds? He's by far my #1 pick with the first pick of the 3rd round if he's still available (and that's even if we draft one of the bigger name WR's throughout the first two rounds)...

• Upvote 3

Sage Surratt is actually my favorite WR in this draft. A specimen physically, he consistently breaks tackles and has an unbelievable ability to track the deep ball and win contested battles. He opted out this year and played at Wake Forest so he's flying under the radar but he will be one with zero bust potential in the NFL and I predict will make multiple pro bowls. He will probably remind Jets fans of a bigger, stronger Jerricho Cotchery. Can be had in the 2nd or 3rd round currently. 

• Upvote 3

** Also Sage's brother, Chazz, is one of the best inside linebackers in college football at North Carolina and is currently projected as a 2nd rd pick. Very genetically gifted family. It amazes me that we don't hear more about this sibling combination but you will when both are playing in the NFL. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Sage Surratt is actually my favorite WR in this draft. A specimen physically, he consistently breaks tackles and has an unbelievable ability to track the deep ball and win contested battles. He opted out this year and played at Wake Forest so he's flying under the radar but he will be one with zero bust potential in the NFL and I predict will make multiple pro bowls. He will probably remind Jets fans of a bigger, stronger Jerricho Cotchery. Can be had in the 2nd or 3rd round currently. 

Good find. I remember watching him destroy my FSU defense last year for almost 200 receiving yards and I kept asking myself who the freak is this kid?!? Wake Forest is one of the ACC teams I overlook every season and rarely focus on their players but this kid looks like he can play although I do question his speed, quickness and acceleration on an NFL level...

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

We've all been talking up the likes of WR's such as Chase (LSU), TE Pitts (Florida), Waddle (Alabama), Smith (Alabama), Marshall Jr. (LSU), Batemam (Minnesota), Moore (Purdue) and Wallace (Oklahoma State) etc, etc. 

But it's really been Elijah Moore who's not only dominating the SEC but also leads the entire Country/Nation in both Receptions (86) and Receiving Yards (1,193) along with ranking top 10 in TD Receptions @ 9th overall (8); 0 Fumbles as well. 

He's played 8 games this year with a mind boggling and eye opening 7 games being of at least 10+ receptions and every game except for two has been of at least 113+ receiving yards (three games of 225+ receiving yards?!?) and just look at what he's done against two top 5 teams in Alabama and Florida; it's absolutely nuts. 

I keep heading into games as a Najee Harris/Devonta Smith and Kyle Pitts fan but yet keep walking away asking myself who is this guy and why aren't we as Jet fans absolutely raving about this kid when he's been (by far) the most dominating WR in the Country within an elite SEC Conference?!?

i'm not even seeing this kid mocked within the first two rounds? He's by far my #1 pick with the first pick of the 3rd round if he's still available (and that's even if we draft one of the bigger name WR's throughout the first two rounds)...

Crowder makes what 10-12M?  Would be a nice slot for Trevor and save some gap for an edge.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I've never seen him play because I don't watch much of Iowa State but another underrated TE is Hunter Long 6'5/253 lbs out of Boston College; and leads all NCAA TE's in both receptions and receiving yards.

Is Hunter Long, projected second round pick, underrated?

• 4 months later...
On 12/4/2020 at 2:01 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Screenshot_20201204-014401.thumb.png.9ce8d71d9e4ef91acd47945662350e66.png

I'm not even seeing this kid mocked within the first two rounds? He's by far my #1 pick with the first pick of the 3rd round if he's still available (and that's even if we draft one of the bigger name WR's throughout the first two rounds)...

Oh yessssss baby fire ???? we just blessed Zach Wilson (who many compare to Mahomes style of play) with the NFLs next version of TYREEK HILL!!!

I created this thread 4-5 months ago. Didn't get a lot of traction/attention so...

BUUUUUMMMPPPPP 

• 3 months later...
On 12/4/2020 at 8:52 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Don't sleep on Kenny Yeboah he's the next freakish TE who's being slept on and I pray we draft him in the 3rd or 4th imo he's just as talented as Kyle Pitts (just being slept on @ Ole Mississippi).

Yeboah has to be on the wrong side of the bubble right now, but players have come back from worse.  

The door is wide open for any TE to step up and take over. This is a big week for lots of players.  

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

Yeboah has to be on the wrong side of the bubble right now, but players have come back from worse.  

The door is wide open for any TE to step up and take over. This is a big week for lots of players.  

Na. He's not on the bubble.

image.thumb.png.79fc564aeffa92ce248e824415be4507.png

And not because of no preseason fumble during his Rookie campaign he's not.

(kids learn from mistakes, especially in sports). 

Kenny Yeboah put up better production during his final NCAA season @ Ole' Mississippi than Chris Herndon did during his final season @ Miami. 

Kenny Yeboah 2020

7 Games played. 

27 Receptions. 

524 Receiving yards.

(19.4 yards per reception).

6 TD Receptions.

This kid is a freak of nature in terms of overall talent/physical abilities and playing style @ TE; and he's going to develop into an NFL star and a Jets household name.

And you do not QUIT on a kid like this especially not during his first ever NFL training camp and 1st ever NFL preseason game too. 

I believe in this kid man and I would've selected him during the 3rd/4th round (because he absolutely destroyed the elite SEC) however he went undrafted due to being slept on @ Ole' Miss and imo we got blessed with a 1st round talent; he BALLED OUT last year of 2020.

He'll become our next Robby Anderson type of undrafted GEM and one who neither one of Robert Saleh or Joe Douglas will be quitting on (anytime soon).

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Na. He's not on the bubble.

image.thumb.png.79fc564aeffa92ce248e824415be4507.png

And not because of no preseason fumble during his Rookie campaign he's not.

(kids learn from mistakes, especially in sports). 

Kenny Yeboah put up better production during his final NCAA season @ Ole' Mississippi than Chris Herndon did during his final season @ Miami. 

Kenny Yeboah 2020

7 Games played. 

27 Receptions. 

524 Receiving yards.

(19.4 yards per reception).

6 TD Receptions.

This kid is a freak of nature in terms of overall talent/physical abilities and playing style @ TE; and he's going to develop into an NFL star and a Jets household name.

And you do not QUIT on a kid like this especially not during his first ever NFL training camp and 1st ever NFL preseason game too. 

I believe in this kid man and I would've selected him during the 3rd/4th round (because he absolutely destroyed the elite SEC) however he went undrafted due to being slept on @ Ole' Miss and imo we got blessed with a 1st round talent; he BALLED OUT last year of 2020.

He'll become our next Robby Anderson type of undrafted GEM and one who neither one of Robert Saleh or Joe Douglas will be quitting on (anytime soon).

I'm not talking about the fumble.  1 means nothing to me.  2 is a big deal,but he only has 1. 

He needs to catch the damn ball.  There were practice reports mentioning drops WAY too much.  High point that baby and bring it down. 

29 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

I'm not talking about the fumble.  1 means nothing to me.  2 is a big deal,but he only has 1. 

He needs to catch the damn ball.  There were practice reports mentioning drops WAY too much.  High point that baby and bring it down. 

First ever NFL training camp. Only a Rookie. 

But you can't deny. What he did @ Ole' Miss within an elite SEC Conference was incredible. 

This young man is going to become the greatest Jets TE of our generation. I promise you man. Just watch his tape. He's a beast. And a soon to be Jets household name. 

Fk training camp reports man. Zach Wilson and Denzel Mims were ATTACKED by beat writing hacks but yet still balled out vs. the Giants. Kenny Yeboah's preseason time didn't come preseason game #1; but it's coming my dude. 

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

First ever NFL training camp. Only a Rookie. 

But you can't deny. What he did @ Ole' Miss within an elite SEC Conference was incredible. 

This young man is going to become the greatest Jets TE of our generation. I promise you man. Just watch his tape. He's a beast. And a soon to be Jets household name. 

Fk training camp reports man. Zach Wilson and Denzel Mims were ATTACKED by beat writing hacks but yet still balled out vs. the Giants. Kenny Yeboah's preseason time didn't come preseason game #1; but it's coming my dude. 

I'm not rooting against him.  His ceiling is sky high. 

Tight ends are the security blanket.  1) They NEED to have soft reliable hands.  2) They need to have a great feel for space.  Nothing else matters if they can't hit point 1 and 2.  

On the positive side, you can't teach the rest of the stuff he can do.  The opportunity is huge for him, but he needs to take it.

He's not wrong that the one fumble doesn't define him.  It doesn't.  It's forgotten for me. 

This week he  needs to go beast mode and attack the ball out of the air, welcome it down, and use that God given talent after the catch to become what he can. 

The TE spot is wide open for him or anyone else who wants to take it. 

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, Ghost said:

What was the title before? 

Who are some of the best NCAA players (prospects) that as Jet fans we aren't talking about...? 

That was the title before I included the Mine is Elijah Moore Part.  

(And I included Elijah Moore's name in the thread title because he's why I created my OP to begin with). 

And after years of frustrations of watching Idzik pass up on all of the 2014 WRs we wanted 1st round and Macc passing up on my favorite FSU RB Dalvin Cook 2nd round etc

It just feels good knowing we drafted the Training Camp star who I wanted and believed in most after Jacksonville passed on him. 

This freak of nature broke the All-Time Ole' Mississippi single season record for most single season Receptions and he did it throughout only 8 games played too. That's nuts. 

(Never thought I'd have to defend myself for editing my own thread title by including the name Elijah Moore)

????

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Who are some of the best NCAA players (prospects) that as Jet fans we aren't talking about...? 

That was the title before I included the Mine is Elijah Moore Part.  

(And I included Elijah Moore's name in the thread title because he's why I created the OP with). 

And after years of frustrations of watching Idzik pass up on all of the 2014 WRs we wanted 1st round and Macc passing up on my favorite FSU RB Dalvin Cook 2nd round etc

It just feels good knowing we drafted the Training Camp star who I wanted and believed in most after Jacksonville passed on him. 

This freak of nature broke the All-Time Ole' Mississippi single season record for most single season Receptions and he did it throughout only 8 games played too. That's nuts. 

(Never thought I'd have to defend myself for editing my own thread title by including the name Elijah Moore)

????

Let’s be real tho. You went back, changed the title, so you can throw it in people’s faces claiming you wanted him from day 1. Come to think of it tho, it sounds like you wanted everyone. You want all of us to give you credit for picking Moore as you’re favorite. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Let’s be real tho. You went back, changed the title, so you can throw it in people’s faces claiming you wanted him from day 1. Come to think of it tho, it sounds like you wanted everyone. You want all of us to give you credit for picking Moore as you’re favorite. 

I'll always be proud of my Elijah Moore thread. 

Can you quote yourself raving about him back in December of 2020 and/or before becoming a Jet?

Because I can. 

"We've all been talking up the likes of WR's such as Chase (LSU), TE Pitts (Florida), Waddle (Alabama), Smith (Alabama), Marshall Jr. (LSU), Batemam (Minnesota), Moore (Purdue) and Wallace (Oklahoma State) etc, etc. 

But it's really been Elijah Moore who's not only dominating the SEC but also leads the entire Country/Nation in both Receptions (86) and Receiving Yards (1,193) along with ranking top 10 in TD Receptions @ 9th overall (8); 0 Fumbles as well". 

I liked none of those WRs more than my dude Elijah Moore and until he make the HOF I guess you're just going to have to deal with it. ???

PS: I'm one ignore button away from being out of your JN life forever and this way you won't have to worry about entering threads of mine anybody ?

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'll always be proud of my Elijah Moore thread. 

Can you quote yourself raving about him back in December of 2020 and/or before becoming a Jet?

Because I can. 

"We've all been talking up the likes of WR's such as Chase (LSU), TE Pitts (Florida), Waddle (Alabama), Smith (Alabama), Marshall Jr. (LSU), Batemam (Minnesota), Moore (Purdue) and Wallace (Oklahoma State) etc, etc. 

But it's really been Elijah Moore who's not only dominating the SEC but also leads the entire Country/Nation in both Receptions (86) and Receiving Yards (1,193) along with ranking top 10 in TD Receptions @ 9th overall (8); 0 Fumbles as well". 

I liked none of those WRs more than my dude Elijah Moore and until he make the HOF I guess you're just going to have to deal with it. ???

PS: I'm one ignore button away from being out of your JN life forever and this way you won't have to worry about entering threads of mine anybody ?

You literally rave about everyone tho. You like 90% of players coming out. You throw sh*t on a wall and hope it sticks. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost said:

You literally rave about everyone tho. You like 90% of players coming out. You throw sh*t on a wall and hope it sticks. 

Yes I'm an NCAA football fan too and watch every Saturday and enjoy a lot of exciting players.

I win decent money due to my passion for it too. 

received_236300574487330.thumb.jpeg.94c820d6e3f4bc1fc6d427f45d93215d.jpeg

But Trevor Lawrence and Elijah Moore are the two specific played I dedicated to creating threads about. 

You can just deal with my Elijah Moore thread because I'll rave about this thread before, until and after he makes the HOF and you'll just have to deal with it or put me on ignore. One of the two. And it's up to you. 

I missed out on Trevor Lawrence but at least I got my favorite WR Elijah Moore and I'm A+ excited because of it. 

(Deal with it).