Jump to content
Rhg1084

Mims - 4th ranked rookie WR

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

 

Now give this guy a competent head coach and offensive scheme along with Trevor? Sky is the limit 

  • Jeudy

lamb

Jeudy 

jefferson

pittman

claypool

higgins

those six are all better than Mims-the massive over hype on this kid is crazy

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, kmnj said:
  • Jeudy

lamb

Jeudy 

jefferson

pittman

claypool

higgins

those six are all better than Mims-the massive over hype on this kid is crazy

 

Considering we have not had competent WR'S in years we as Jet fans should be ecstatic that a kid taken in the 2ND ROUND could be the real deal.  I don't think it's being  about Hype  but just nice we are starting to see some resemblance of a football team we have not really seen that in a decade 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Honestly, given that he basically had no rookie minicamp and was injured through most of training camp -- I'd argue that it's more impressive that he's been this productive right away, small sample size or not.

Exactly.  He is either a mid tier starting #1 WR or a top tier starting #2.  Either way, not too shabby and VERY valuable. Get past the stats and consider the eye test too.  I LOVE the way he goes to the ball.  Shades of Al Toon 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

What is the bolded based on, precisely? 

skill performance and the eye test

out of the above wr who you take mims over

I am happy jets have a wr that is showing some promise but lots of folks crowning him for something he is not. I mentioned the above wrs simply because people are acting like mims is dominating and was the best wr out of his class. I would have also mentioned about 5 others that h e is no par with as well

 

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kmnj said:

skill performance and the eye test

out of the above wr who you take mims over

I am happy jets have a wr that is showing some promise but lots of folks crowning him for something he is not. I mentioned the above wrs simply because people are acting like mims is dominating and was the best wr out of his class. I would have also mentioned about 5 others that h e is no par with as well

 

 

 

Nobody is crowning him anything. My original post said sky is the limit for his potential. The fact that he’s graded out as the 4th best rookie receiver is pretty good I’d say.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kmnj said:
  • Jeudy

lamb

Jeudy 

jefferson

pittman

claypool

higgins

those six are all better than Mims-the massive over hype on this kid is crazy

 

Ok so because he's been banged up during his rookie season this automatically makes him not as good? 

I could easily DQ Claypool because he's blessed with Big Ben and JuJu opposite of him if we really want to get "technical" here all while Mims has crap @ QB. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

Considering we have not had competent WR'S in years we as Jet fans should be ecstatic that a kid taken 2nd overall could be the real deal.  I don't think it's being  about Hype  but just nice we are starting to see some resemblance of a football team we have not really seen that in a decade 

He was taken in the 2nd round.... 59th overall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Exactly.  He is either a mid tier starting #1 WR or a top tier starting #2.  Either way, not too shabby and VERY valuable. Get past the stats and consider the eye test too.  I LOVE the way he goes to the ball.  Shades of Al Toon 

I don't see that.  

mid tier WR1 is like Golladay, Diggs, Robinson.  I don't see that ability in Mims.

top tier 2 is like Ridley, Godwin, CeeDee.

I see Mike Williams or Marvin Jones talent.

Mims can't hold Toon's jockstrap.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

I wonder how the Eagles Fan feel about this list. We're here arguing how good Mims is. lol

Can you imagine being an Eagles fan when they drafted Reagor and JJ Arcega-Whiteside over these two 

 

image.png.80c2a6f21b3809a66113864931fbc824.png

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

He was taken in the 2nd round.... 59th overall

My apologies i Meant to say 2nd Roundi will correct that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

 

Now give this guy a competent head coach and offensive scheme along with Trevor? Sky is the limit 

Wow, Jeudy and Cee Dee are not in that list? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Wow, Jeudy and Cee Dee are not in that list? 

Undoubtedly those 2 have been hurt by QB play on their respective teams.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Wow, Jeudy and Cee Dee are not in that list? 

Lamb = 4.81 catches and 59.0 receiving yards per game. 

Mims = 3.40 catches and 56.8 receiving yards per game. 

Jeudy = 3.36 catches and 53.5 receiving yards per game. 

I do agree that Lamb deserves to be mentioned over Mims (larger sample size) but at this pace/rate Denzel Mims is going to be an absolute problem and once having Trevor Lawrence as his QB he's going to become an absolute NFL nightmare. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

My apologies i Meant to say 2nd Roundi will correct that.

No apologies necessary. I knew what you meant to say but wanted to get it on record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Lamb = 4.81 catches and 59.0 receiving yards per game. 

Mims = 3.40 catches and 56.8 receiving yards per game. 

Jeudy = 3.36 catches and 53.5 receiving yards per game. 

I do agree that Lamb deserves to be mentioned over Mims (larger sample size) but at this pace/rate Denzel Mims is going to be an absolute problem and once having Trevor Lawrence as his QB he's going to become an absolute NFL nightmare. 

Just look @ Higgins who's getting all of this hype. He just had a whopping 1 catch for 15 yards without an awesome Joe Burrow last week; because it's kind of hard to put up numbers with crap @ QB...

 

I wasn't trying to put down Mims.  I like the pick a lot.  I'm just saying that I have high expectations for Lamb and Jeudy too.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

No apologies necessary. I knew what you meant to say but wanted to get it on record. 

I appreciate the recording lol especially if 5=-6 months from now if i say i would never say something so ridiculous you have the proof .

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kmnj said:
  • Jeudy

lamb

Jeudy 

jefferson

pittman

claypool

higgins

those six are all better than Mims-the massive over hype on this kid is crazy

 

That is fine, all of those were drafted ahead of him. 

I agree he is being over hyped by Jets fans but this past draft was super deep at Wr and Mims when he has played had justified jet fan enthusiasm, some of it is a bit over the top though for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Lamb = 4.81 catches and 59.0 receiving yards per game. 

Mims = 3.40 catches and 56.8 receiving yards per game. 

Jeudy = 3.36 catches and 53.5 receiving yards per game. 

I do agree that Lamb deserves to be mentioned over Mims (larger sample size) but at this pace/rate Denzel Mims is going to be an absolute problem and once having Trevor Lawrence as his QB he's going to become an absolute NFL nightmare. 

Just look @ Higgins who's getting all of this hype. He just had a whopping 1 catch for 15 yards without an awesome Joe Burrow last week; because it's kind of hard to put up numbers with crap @ QB...

 

WTF are u talking about

Higgins had 5 catches and a TD last week

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That is fine, all of those were drafted ahead of him. 

I agree he is being over hyped by Jets fans but this past draft was super deep at Wr and Mims when he has played had justified jet fan enthusiasm, some of it is a bit over the top though for sure.

Where would you rank Mims among the WR's in this draft class?

I think its more than fair for Jets fans to by hyping up a WR who already appears like he's going to outperform his draft slot.  Considering this is the same franchise that has recently used high picks on the likes of Stephen Hill, Jalen Saunders, Shaquelle Evans, Devin Smith, ArDarius Stewart and Chad Hansen at the position, its about time we drafted a WR worth getting excited about.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jefferson’s grade is far and away the highest. Crazy.

Dude was a layup as a rock solid WR prospect and it was mind boggling that he fell as far as he did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

where is the dude that said higgins had one catch last week for the bengals because u cant put up numbers with a trash qb-as posted higgins had 5 catches and a td with a trash qb last week

dude thinks all higgins look alike lol he doesnt even know who tee higgins  is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...