Mims - 4th ranked rookie WR

Rhg1084

It’s really great that a WR the Jets picked up in the 2nd is performing that high according to PFF. That being said, I do agree with some on here that the fanbase could tap the breaks a bit. 

He’s been impressive and it’s exciting that the team seems to have finally found a wr who hasn’t collapsed immediately upon entry into the league. That being said, claiming he is anywhere near top 20-30 in the league is... a bit much. Tons of potential to fly higher, but the dude is a WR2 tops right now. Let’s be real. And THAT’S OK. They found a guy! Let’s start with that and let’s see how this plays out. 

Fans do this all the time. A few games in and a player is either going to be the top’s top or he’s a dingy basement dweller not worthy of the uniform. Chill tf out. Mims is looking good in limited time with limited talent. Be happy. Don’t crown. Just be satisfied the team finally seems to have a guy that can catch the freakin ball. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, dcJet said:

I think i see what's going on in these Mims threads. The definition of WR1 is different for everyone.

IMO, There are 10 WR1's that are (top teir).  10 WR1's are mid-tier, 10 WR1's are low-tier, with some fuzzy rankings at the edges of course.

Top tier guys: Tyfreek, Adams, Thomas, Hop, Julio, Keenan, AJ, Theilen, DK, Evans 

Mid tier guys: Lockett, ARob, Diggs, Golladay, Odell, Cupp, JuJu,, Cooper, Ridley, Claypool

So if you call Mims is a mid-tier WR1, you are saying he is a top 20 WR in the league, and I disagree. 

You keep separating Claypool and Mims by a wide margin.  Their production is similar with vastly different QB's, and both look about equally impressive on the field. 

You're simply way off when you do this.  Just saying Claypool is far better than Mims doesn't make it so.  So you should probably stop doing that.

• Upvote 1

Missed the first 6 games.  Since then, 5 games, 17 catches, 284 Yards and 0 TD's.

A few nice to see flashes, yes.  No harm being optimistic.

But probably a bit early to be fitting him for his HOF Jacket.

I'd have thought many of you would have learned your lesson with Darnold and Herndon and premature hype, tbqh.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Missed the first 6 games.  Since then, 5 games, 17 catches, 284 Yards and 0 TD's.

A few nice to see flashes, yes.  No harm being optimistic.

But probably a bit early to be fitting him for his HOF Jacket.

I'd have thought many of you would have learned your lesson with Darnold and Herndon and premature hype, tbqh.

Why are you always trying to play the board's voice of wisdom? Has Jetnation tagged you as an Einstein type fellow with a crazy gray coiffure? Or have you appointed yourself to that throne? No one on this board is trying to fit Mims for a HOF jacket. Your post is silly.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 12/4/2020 at 1:13 PM, kmnj said:
  • Jeudy

lamb

Jeudy 

jefferson

pittman

claypool

higgins

those six are all better than Mims-the massive over hype on this kid is crazy

Massive over hype? Have you seen the catches he’s been making? Mims is getting the hype he deserves right now. Just imagine if he actually played from game one until now, he’d be up there as one of the top rookies this season. 

15 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Why are you always trying to play the board's voice of wisdom? Has Jetnation tagged you as an Einstein type fellow with a crazy gray coiffure? Or have you appointed yourself to that throne? No one on this board is trying to fit Mims for a HOF jacket. Your post is silly.

I post what I think, just like everyone else.  You can always put me on ignore if it bothers you so.

Ok so because he's been banged up during his rookie season this automatically makes him not as good? 
I could easily DQ Claypool because he's blessed with Big Ben and JuJu opposite of him if we really want to get "technical" here all while Mims has crap @ QB. 

All 6 of the players mentioned were picked before Mims. That’s suggests that he was the best remaining WR in the draft, and JD nailed it. I am assuming that was the point that you were trying to make.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app