Jets to Place Alex Lewis on non-football Injury List, Will Miss at Least Three Weeks

JetNation

5 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Wait a random jets twitter account wasn’t accurate?!?

Yes, thank you!  It is a concern as people try to build their following. They throw stuff out there that is completely made up some times.

1 hour ago, jetophile said:

There's no such thing as terrible "leadership".  Wait, yes, there is. Ask every despot in Africa. 

There is no need for going off topic like this. Just opens it up to ruining the thread with talk that isn't related to the thread topic at all.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yes, thank you!  It is a concern as people try to build their following. They throw stuff out there that is completely made up some times.

The new normal, from ostracized beat writers to powerful politicians.   Social media swallows it all happily. Sports world is a happy participant.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Lith said:

Even worse.  The original source was Incarcerated Bob on Monday:

IB  THE GAMBLER @incarceratedbob·

Nov 30

Adam Gase showing his leadership once again : He benched (OL) Alex Lewis on Sunday because they had words earlier in week. #Jets Gase told him to “Get the F out” Source that’s on the roster sent me this DM early Sunday morning.

wait were getting our news from a ex convict gambler from the Michael Kay show who sounds like he was in goodfellas?  LMFAO

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t speculate too much but it does seem like a non-physical medical situation or issue.  Perhaps addiction or even something like anxiety or a mood/mental issue.  Nothing to make light of.  The fact that the Jets are helping him, paying him, giving him time to get help, etc. is a positive in my opinion.

As for the Gase altercation, that could still be part of it.  There may have been an issue or confrontation but maybe there’s a realization that it’s stemming from another issue that Lewis has or that triggered it.  Again, who knows?  I wish the guy well, he’s been a decent player on a horrid offense for two years.

This. Its very possibly that all of the news reported about the Flacco and Gase beef is still true and just the symptom of another issue. Joe is trying to steer the ship of the titanic while everyone is screaming and going mad. Imagine your first GM gig having to help run the PR during stuff like this, during a potential 0-16 season. 

Probably AL got tired of all this BS, been a thorn in the side for several weeks, finally had an outburst. Noone is happy playing for the Jets right now. The Jets know they are putting their players in a really hard position and they are trying to do what they can to support them. Especially guys like AL that they traded for, and resigned, as key pieces. 

Could be anything. Could be Alex Lewis thinks that the team isn't trying to win and he is really upset about that. Could be they are saying he has anger issues that he has to resolve, as he went off and crossed a line with the team/staff. We don't know the details. People just need to relax and chill out on the extreme takes on this. Super annoying the back and forth crap fans do.

5 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

CHARACTER ASSASINATION!!!

Are we supposed to believe any of this crap? Gase is such a chode. A player called out his BS an now he has some mysterious non football injury and wont play? yeah right. 

I will tell you waht happened like the long string of players before him, that decided not to just pretend gase wasn't a completel failure, he called him our and the little man coach is trying to hurt his career. 

Terrible leadership on top of bad coaching. Perfect. 

How long do we ahve to endure this crap, all Gase does is hurt this team. just reminder we have won 0 games this year and we got our second best lineman getting crapped on. God dman

I mean...even if you are right... a good GM can't let players revolt/walk and talk all over the HC, no matter how much of a tool he is.

So, i wouldn't take this as "GASE is sending him packing", more so "Joe is dealing with another hard personnel issue on a 0-11 team".

Sh^T happens when lots of people are unhappy. Nothing too crazy about this.

12 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Most likely he’s in pretty deep with the pain killers I doubt it’s cocaine or something like that. Good time to get him help during a Covid written 0 and 16 season.

This wouldn't surprise me, Favre came out & said how easy they are to obtain & Lewis has been playing with 2 bad shoulders & that huge strap on 1 side. Hell, I have a bad shoulder & raking the lawn or extended it from a different position hurts like hell, this guys fighting off 300 Lb men in the trenches. Might have caught up with him at 0-11, Covid BS.

I don't know what the issue is with Lewis and Gase, but I know
Douglas must love the opportunity to see Elflein play at LG.
If he lives up to his draft status that's one spot we won't
have to fill in the off-season

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Did you not read what I posted after I made that post after reading the tweets? 

How does that change the question I asked, when I asked it?

Slow down on the feeding frenzy, they'll be plenty more opportunities 

17 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Hopefully Alex Lewis did this to Adam Gase. 

ZealousAlertBluebird-size_restricted.gif

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Shame on you!

17 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Hopefully he gets the help he needs. 

Just saw this. 

16 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Losing takes its toll on some different than it does on others. 

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Wish him well and tell him we will see him next season with a real HC and QB. 

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Did you not read the tweets above?

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Did you not read what I posted after I made that post after reading the tweets? 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How does that change the question I asked, when I asked it?

Slow down on the feeding frenzy, they'll be plenty more opportunities 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

You asked it after the fact. 

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:
11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You asked it after the fact. 

What is this nonsense?  You put the stupid meme of the guy getting beat up after T0m put up the tweet explaining the Lewis situation 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What is this nonsense?  You put the stupid meme of the guy getting beat up after T0m put up the tweet explaining the Lewis situation 

No I put it before he did and I immediately followed up with this. 

Just saw this. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No I put it before he did and I immediately followed up with this. 

Just saw this. 

LOL, sure you did.  Turn your computer screen right side up, lol

Hey its Saturday 

41 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Its' EZ to see in the time line. 

Everyday is Saturday to me I'm retired. 

Image result for thick glasses gifs

Is that you with the coke bottle glasses reading the time line you didnt post?

1740701194_ScreenShot2020-12-05at11_45_23AM.thumb.png.031360b8d5a8ab2df697ed76868071ee.png

819304184_ScreenShot2020-12-05at11_51_21AM.thumb.png.9edf6ba35cf5812dfd529044e316d9b5.png

Last time I checked, post #16 comes AFTER post #12.  Timeline

Now can you please stop and just run away

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Last time I checked, post #16 comes AFTER post #12.  Timeline

Now can you please stop and just run away

I didn't see T0mShames posting of the tweet #10+#12  when I posted the gif INITIALLY #16. 

Are you happy you won another argument here on JetNation hip hip hooray!  

Im going to start calling you Champ. 

You won you proved me wrong you are right about the timeline but I didn't see his post. 

Run away? Im not doing much running these days.

Happy Holidays Champ.