So Bill Belichick deserved a 2nd NFL head coaching stint alongside of Tom Brady but yet Jim Harbaugh doesn't deserve a 2nd NFL stint alongside of Trevor Lawrence?

So Jim Harbaugh is a coach who took over a team from Mike Singletary that under achieved in a huge way and turned them into instant winners basically over night but Jets fans don't want him ? In this case maybe the Idiot fans are just as knowledgeable as the organization itself.

If you don't want Jim Harbaugh due to his personality which will instill discipline  on a team that desperately needs it and maybe take the stance the reason why players in SF didn't like him because he cracked the whip then you really are not paying attention. 

Under Singletary the Defense stunk as much as the offense and both units changed as Harbaugh stepped in so those of you claiming Harbaugh only won due to defense are not giving credit to the fact the defense played better under Harbaugh.

Also when Kaepernick took over the offense became very explosive and that could not have been an easy decision to make since Alex Smith was 6-2 following a 13-3 season a QB most said was done before Harbaugh took over the team. Harbaugh revived the guys career and brought in an unproven QB to take his place and succeeded in that respect as well.

There is the outside Chance Harbaugh learned something over the years with his harsh personality around his players. Honestly if he's harsh with the media I really do not give a flying **** because Bill Parcells, a guy who was worshipped in this league for many years always dominated the media. Its easy to do that when you win.

Turning up your nose at a 44-19 record and 3 NFCCG's and a SB appearance for a team that basically stunk the 3 years before you got there is stupid. Jim Harbaugh may not be right for some people namely the pussies of the world that can't handle a little adversity but he's the only candidate who has a proven winning record in the NFL and I'm not going to hold it against him that he was a poor recruiter in college. 

• Post of the Week 1

On 12/5/2020 at 12:51 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Bill Belichick's first 6 years with CLE/NE (combined)

41-55 overall. 

(.427%). 

14 games below .500. 

5/6 losing years. 

1-1 playoff record (.500%). 

0 Conference Championship Games. 

0 SB appearances..

vs

Jim Harbaugh's first 4 years with San Francisco. 

44-19-1

(.695%).

25 games above .500. 

0/4 losing seasons. 

5-3 postseason record (.625%). 

3 Conference Championship Games. 

1 SB appearance. 

And Bill Belichick deserved a 2nd NFL stint alongside of Tom Brady after coaching the likes of Mike Tomczak, Bernie Kosar, Todd Philcox, Vinnie Testaverde, Eric Zeier, Matt Rypien and Drew Bledsoe?

But yet Jim Harbaugh doesn't deserve a 2nd NFL stint alongside of Trevor Lawrence after coaching the likes of Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick? 

AlexSmith/Colin Kaepernick's record in San Francisco (without Jim Harbaugh) =

19-40 (.322%). 

21 games below .500. 

vs

Alex Smith/Colin Kaepernick's record in San Francisco (with Jim Harbaugh) =

44-19-1 (.695%). 

25 games above .500. 

San Francisco 49ers throughout 4 years prior to Jim Harbaugh's arrival: 

26-38 (.406%), 0 winning seasons, 0 playoff appearances, 0 NFC Conference Championship Games and 0 SB appearances. 

vs

San Francisco 49ers throughout 4 years alongside of Jim Harbaugh:

44-19-1 (.695%), 3 winning seasons, 3 playoff appearances, 3 NFC Conference Championship Games and 1 SB appearance (a muffed special teams punt away from 2 SB appearances). 

vs

San Francisco 49ers throughout 4 years following Jim Harbaugh's departure:

17-47 (.265%), 0 winning seasons, 0 playoff appearances, 0 NFC Conference Championship Games and 0 SB appearances (Trent Baalke who wrongly fired Jim as GM; then became FIRED himself after only 2 losing years later). 

alexharbaugh.0.gif.f1ba54fc8186d4061e89defc1f3c488c.gifhi-res-152106483_crop_exact.jpg.03a5c92362e8b2b113b428c023fae304.jpg456295386.0.thumb.jpg.854d579008e31d70b31381978965f0a9.jpgmoodyhighap.jpg.21ea87b0d27f80c6587c0ccc1ef0333c.jpgTrevor_Lawrence_New_York_Jets-1024x576.thumb.jpg.3f2f95c459d11bb9f1f0fff9381b370a.jpg8l5iq1m.gif.cbf7d7b8c5698bc79ad888f19cccc97c.gif

Uhhh ohhh DWC is back to his ole bag of tricks. 

E8AA4D38-1FA7-40CD-982C-45232C341A05.jpeg

On 12/5/2020 at 12:36 AM, Mogglez said:

Pete Carroll was a massive success at USC.  In no way would what he accomplished there be considered doing “poorly overall”, like Harbaughs tenure at Michigan, which is what @Beerfish said.

Carrol bolted out of USC because his program was in shambles due to off the field conduct.

Carrol was a failure in the NFL prior to USC.

7 hours ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Carrol bolted out of USC because his program was in shambles due to off the field conduct.

Carrol was a failure in the NFL prior to USC.

That wasn’t the question being asked nor was it the point being disputed.  The question was: has there ever been a HC who left the NFL, went to college, got worse, and came back to the NFL and found success?

Carroll wasn't a failure at USC so the example was a bad one.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

That wasn’t the question being asked nor was it the point being disputed.  The question was: has there ever been a HC who left the NFL on, went to college, got worse, and came back to the NFL and found success?

He was the farthest thing from a failure you could ever mention. Two national championships and barely lost a third to Texas when Vince Young had the greatest game in Championship history. Carroll learned to truly coach at USC.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Jim Harbaugh may not be right for some people namely the pussies of the world that can't handle a little adversity but he's the only candidate who has a proven winning record in the NFL and I'm not going to hold it against him that he was a poor recruiter in college.

nah. he's a dick. not about "can't handle" he's an a$$hole. now, whether or not he is the right guy or not, idk.

i don't THINK so. i tend to think it wont work, but, again, idk. 

i think his schtick is tired and he's an a$$hole so i would vote no, but if they hire hime i root for success, not to be right.

18 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

nah. he's a dick. not about "can't handle" he's an a$$hole. now, whether or not he is the right guy or not, idk.

i don't THINK so. i tend to think it wont work, but, again, idk. 

i think his schtick is tired and he's an a$$hole so i would vote no, but if they hire hime i root for success, not to be right.

I have not heard one bad thing about him causing any trouble at Michigan and when it comes to his success at the 49er's I never understood why an organization who had stunk for years pushed him away. I mean look at how Belichick handles things, talk about a total dick, yet here he is. I'm sure the NFL is full of arrogant dicks but if you're an arrogant dick who wins then most people look past it.. Harbaugh Wins

57 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I have not heard one bad thing about him causing any trouble at Michigan and when it comes to his success at the 49er's I never understood why an organization who had stunk for years pushed him away. I mean look at how Belichick handles things, talk about a total dick, yet here he is. I'm sure the NFL is full of arrogant dicks but if you're an arrogant dick who wins then most people look past it.. Harbaugh Wins

i'dprefer to win with a non dick, but...shrug. we'll see.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Carrol never really got a legit shot in the NFL until Seattle

That’s a good point.  Hess launched Carroll to put his winner kotite in at coach and then kraft did the same thing by installing the bellichicken.  Carroll May have needed some seasoning as head coach.  He didn’t have much of a QBs with the jets.  Boomer talks a lot but just never did much on the field.

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

The only losing season was with the Jets he never had a losing season with the Pats..

Because he inherited a very good team from Bill Parcells.  No one thinks Carroll did a good job in New England.  He’s been great in Seattle but he wasn’t good prior to that

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

That wasn’t the question being asked nor was it the point being disputed.  The question was: has there ever been a HC who left the NFL on, went to college, got worse, and came back to the NFL and found success?

Way to move the goalposts 

Your original thing was no head coach was ever better in the nfl than in college.  You got a bunch of examples and now you have to make up all this other criteria 

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Lou Saban did.

If youre hiring an NFL HC, then the NCAA shouldn't matter. Who cares when college football is night and day different than professional. I would be more interested in whether or not my new HC hire can compete vs the best football players in the world as Harbaugh has. A fraction of the players at Michigan and the Big 10 will make the NFL.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Way to move the goalposts 

Your original thing was no head coach was ever better in the nfl than in college.  You got a bunch of examples and now you have to make up all this other criteria 

This is a completely different discussion than the one we had, that goes back to the first few pages of the thread.  Read the chain of replies before hitting the quote function, thanks.