Daniel Jeremiah on Sam

BCJet

4 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

He's a good kid and works hard, doesn't cause trouble through the media. I don't understand the anger.

Because being a good kid and not causing trouble doesn't win games.  He's a millionaire in his early 20's.  The anger may be excessive/unjustified/misdirected, but the constant defending he gets doesn't make much sense either.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

So the actual anger at him makes sense then because he what, stole money that he didn't deserve? Help me out here.

If you're going to basically do everything but curse at a guy because he hasn't played to your expectations but has done his best, then you really don't deserve to celebrate guys when they do. You're a trash fan. These are still people we're talking about here.

He's "Done his best".

lmao.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because being a good kid and not causing trouble doesn't win games.  He's a millionaire in his early 20's.  The anger may be excessive/unjustified/misdirected, but the constant defending he gets doesn't make much sense either.

That's fine. I just don't understand the treating of someone like yesterday's trash. It's gross.

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Are you saying he's lazy? What are you laughing your fat ass off about?

I'm laughing because it sounds like a Mom talking about her little league son.  

There's a case to be made that the anger over Darnold is excessive and unjustified.  But talking about how he's "trying his best" and defending him like he's a child is equally sad, if not moreso.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

That's fine. I just don't understand the treating of someone like yesterday's trash. It's gross.

Who cares?  He's not going to be a Jet come April or May.  Move on to the next QB.  We're fans of a jersey.  If that sounds too cold to you, then just ignore it I guess.  That's what fans do.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

The fact that Sam Darnold seemingly does actually have a trade market still tells you everything you need to know about Adam Gase.

So the legacy of Gase will be:

• Ridding us of Maccagnan
  • Landing us the # 1 (or 2) pick in the 2021 draft
  • Helping Douglad recoup a high pick for Darnold in a trade thanks to his own ineptitude

Build.  The.  Statue.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Icer said:

Friday is the day I tap out on reading these takes about how we have a secretly good QB in hiding yeah

I guess you're saying that Friday is the day you compare The Chiefs and Steelers to the Jets, too? 

I'm saying the kid is ****ed. He's not good right now. I also know he's had the worst of EVERYTHING (you need to succeed) in the league since he's started. Would he have been good anyway? PROBABLY not, but to ignore that is just silly. That's all people are saying. 

Secretly you're saying that you know more about football than the GM's of several teams that will trade us a high pick in hopes of "fixing" him. Does that happen on Saturday?

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

What exactly are his strengths ??

Ability to turn the ball over ?
Ability to not play well in the pocket ?
Ability not to call audibles?
Ability not to see open receivers ?
Ability not to manage the game ?

Please elaborate on these elite Abilities ...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

Did you miss any cliches?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's a case to be made that the anger over Darnold is excessive and unjustified.  But talking about how he's "trying his best" and defending him like he's a child is equally sad, if not moreso.

I don’t get it. Darnold as a human is a fine kid. A bit milquetoast but a good kid. However, at his job, he just isn’t good. He’s made a lot of money and I hope he succeeds at his next endeavor. He still needs to get off this team.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

This is a grown mans league, Rosen Haskins and thousands of others have received the same treatment. This is how JAGs are treated in professional sports. 

now let’s all cry for Sam ?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one is treating him like a child. It's called not being a ******* dick. Believe me, I'm an expert on being a ******* dick, but not when someone doesn't deserve it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I guess you're saying that Friday is the day you compare The Chiefs and Steelers to the Jets, too? 

I'm saying the kid is ****ed. He's not good right now. I also know he's had the worst of EVERYTHING (you need to succeed) in the league since he's started. Would he have been good anyway? PROBABLY not, but to ignore that is just silly. That's all people are saying. 

Secretly you're saying that you know more about football than the GM's of several teams that will trade us a high pick in hopes of "fixing" him. Does that happen on Saturday?

I'm not buying that that will actually happen until it does.  We'll have to revisit this particular line of thought later.  If he only garners a late 3rd/4th round pick, that will be telling.  

Even then, GM's get this stuff wrong.  A lot.  The Seattle Seahawks gave up a Khalil Mack-esque package of picks for an overrated Box Safety.  Crazy sh*t happens in this league.  It doesn't make it a smart move.  

• Sympathy 1

No one is treating him like a child. It's called not being a ******* dick. Believe me, I'm an expert on being a ******* dick, but not when someone doesn't deserve it.

I don't think being critical of Sam Darnold's performance on a football field is being a d**k.  

No one hates Sam Darnold the person (at least I don't think they do).  They hate that he sucks at football for their favorite team.  Story at 11!

• Upvote 4

Just now, oatmeal said:

This is a grown mans league, Rosen Haskins and thousands of others have received the same treatment. This is how JAGs are treated in professional sports. 

now let’s all cry for Sam ?

No one is crying for anyone. He's going to be fine. I grew up in circumstances and an environment that was REALLY tough, so no I'm not worried about the kid from Northern California.

I didn't realize I was talking to such a tough guy. Seems to be alot of them in this thread. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Who cares?  He's not going to be a Jet come April or May.  Move on to the next QB.  We're fans of a jersey.  If that sounds too cold to you, then just ignore it I guess.  That's what fans do.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. There's a school of thought out their that Gase is so toxic, that with the right staff and system,Sam( at 23), Sam can flourish. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Kind of has nothing to do with being angry over a kid that should be angry with the Jets.  Which is also where our anger should be focused.  Because for all the whining about Darnold you have no idea, anymore than anyone has, what he's capable of.  He wasnt given a real chance here no matter how hard you argue that he was or how little it means 

And if someone points out that he was screwed over, that he wasnt put in a situation where a QB could develop and succeed, its not defending him its just plain fact.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, genot said:

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. There's a school of thought out their that Gase is so toxic, that with the right staff and system,Sam( at 23), Sam can flourish. 

And that school of thought is both wrong and irrelevant.  Joe Douglas is taking a new QB in the 2021 draft whether you like it or not.  At which point it only makes logical sense to trade Darnold for the best pick he can get.  

• Post of the Week 1

No one is crying for anyone. He's going to be fine. I grew up in circumstances and an environment that was REALLY tough, so no I'm not worried about the kid from Northern California.

I didn't realize I was talking to such a tough guy. Seems to be alot of them in this thread. 

He's done his best

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm not buying that that will actually happen until it does.  We'll have to revisit this particular line of thought later.  If he only garners a late 3rd/4th round pick, that will be telling.  

Even then, GM's get this stuff wrong.  A lot.  The Seattle Seahawks gave up a Khalil Mack-esque package of picks for an overrated Box Safety.  Crazy sh*t happens in this league.  It doesn't make it a smart move.  

Wasnt crazy shlt.  It was just you being completely wrong about Adams worth.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Kind of has nothing to do with being angry over a kid that should be angry at the Jets.  And where our anger should be focused.  Because for all the whining about Darnold you have no idea, anymore than anyone has, of what hes capable of.  He wasnt given a chance here no matter how hard you argue he was.  

And if someone points out that he was screwed over, that he wasnt put in a situation where a QB could develop and succeed, its not defending him its just plain fact.

Nah, it's just easier to throw little bitch tantrums 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I dont think his USC play masked anything, that was always who he was if you watched him. He has had moments when he goes sandlot style because he's a good athlete. He just doesnt have Favre's arm...or his ability to play from the pocket. The hype was created off of his Penn State game and the northeast media going overboard on the handful of college games they watch per season.

NFL scouts probably watch every game though. And they all had him going 1, 2 or 3 that year.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

You're like one of those guys that call Sammy Bull a rat over the internet. Bitches.

So let me get this st8, everyone is angry that’s critical of Sams POOR play but you the big man on campus, calling everyone “bitches”, isn’t? 

A++++++++++++ logic guy 

• Sympathy 1