Everything falls into place once Jets get the #1 OVERALL PICK in the 2021 NFL Draft

It's crazy to think that after an 0-16, 1-15 season that this team could easily be one of the top young teams next year. 

If Lawrence is what everyone thinks he will be, we have the draft capital and money to get good players in here and really have things fall into place

10 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets are quite the attractive destination should they land that top overall pick.

1302034236_Jetsdraftpicks2021.thumb.jpg.56acc99de2c6e197ea91b87255f4fa3d.jpg

Jets have overtaken the Jaguars for the most cap space in 2021 after releasing Le'Veon Bell according to Brad Spielberger at overthecap.com. 

Joe Douglas is doing a fantastic job getting some cornerstone pieces to build around.

Quinnen Williams is developing into a beast.

There will not be a better destination than the Jets unless Andy Reid retires and the Chiefs job is suddenly open. 

The vaccine is coming and the tailgate charcoal will be in the air next fall.

Maybe we'll get a game on Thanksgiving too.

Let's go Jets!

Bye bye 2020!

I agree with Trevor Lawrence, Becton, Mims, #1 available cap space and A+ draft value that we'll become a dream destination for Free Agents and HC's but I hate that mock draft. 

2021's WR draft class looks to be as elite as both of 2014's and 2020's and I dislike the idea of not drafting a WR throughout the 1st two rounds. 

I hope we get an elite WR prospect with Seattle's pick immediately following the drafting of Lawrence and then Najee Harris with the 1st pick of the 2nd round (who reminds me of Adrian Peterson coming out and feel he's going to become an absolute monster on an NFL level) and then focus on O-Line/OLB with our two 3rd round picks (after signing one of either Scherff/Thuney come FA). 

Well I take that back. I couldn't hate any draft that lands us Trevor Lawrence he'll give us an A++ draft immediately. 

5 minutes ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Playtolosethegame  is still available.

PlayToLose4TheFuture would be a good one. 

However immediately following our #1 overall pick of Trevor Lawrence I'll instantly change my user name to OffenseWinsChampionships (OWC) with this picture as my Trevor Lawrence my avatar (before we even make our Seattle selection too). Trevor_Lawrence_New_York_Jets-1024x576.thumb.jpg.66ba55363c70068660fc5b79bb1f98bc.jpg

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

However immediately following our #1 overall pick of Trevor Lawrence I'll instantly change my user name to OffenseWinsChampionships (OWC) with this picture as my Trevor Lawrence my avatar (before we even make our Seattle selection too). Trevor_Lawrence_New_York_Jets-1024x576.thumb.jpg.66ba55363c70068660fc5b79bb1f98bc.jpg

That’s awesome lol

• Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Taking color rush to the next level. Green body paint now. Interesting. 

• Haha 1

It would be very Jets like to win a game right now when so much is on the line.

But....the opposite is true if they find a way to actually get the #1 pick - it would anti-Jet like and maybe the tide would actually turn.

This franchise needs a defining moment to NOT do the stupid thing...Once and for all, this might change our fortunes.

13 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets are quite the attractive destination should they land that top overall pick.

Jets have overtaken the Jaguars for the most cap space in 2021 after releasing Le'Veon Bell according to Brad Spielberger at overthecap.com. 

Joe Douglas is doing a fantastic job getting some cornerstone pieces to build around.

There will not be a better destination than the Jets unless Andy Reid retires and the Chiefs job is suddenly open. 

Let's go Jets!

Bye bye 2020!

Wait, I am strictly a propane based tailgater. I have a lot of $ invested in my setup. Is that okay?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It would be very Jets like to win a game right now when so much is on the line.

But....the opposite is true if they find a way to actually get the #1 pick - it would anti-Jet like and maybe the tide would actually turn.

This franchise needs a defining moment to NOT do the stupid thing...Once and for all, this might change our fortunes.

It is the moment that changes Jets history for eternity.

Jets will need the final piece to the puzzle and thats HC. Jim Harbaugh would be the best available imo.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Let's go Jets!

Bye bye 2020!

Plus the Darnold pick...or picks?

21 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Let's go Jets!

Bye bye 2020!

weve been praying for this for 50 years and we seem to fukk it up.... whether it's a new coach, GM, picks etc.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Im not sold on Lawrence yet.

Can you lay out the case on why the Jets should take him?

On 12/5/2020 at 7:33 AM, playtowinthegame said:

Let's go Jets!

Bye bye 2020!

Good stuff and I agree we need a RB but that #26 would be better used on someone else IMHO.  I like Etienne, but I think Round 3 or so might be the spot to go RB.  The Jets will likely have Perine and will sign a veteran in FA (like a Devonta Freemen).  Would rather see us go WR, OL or Edge at #26.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Good stuff and I agree we need a RB but that #26 would be better used on someone else IMHO.  I like Etienne, but I think Round 3 or so might be the spot to go RB.  The Jets will likely have Perine and will sign a veteran in FA (like a Devonta Freemen).  Would rather see us go WR, OL or Edge at #26.

All depends on where he has players grouped. If there’s a player ranked higher he stays put and makes the pick