College game day Dec. 5th

Beerfish

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Fields is looking like a slightly slower lamar jackson in this game.  Not sure if that is good or bad.

Not good. Jackson is getting figured out. 

Fields might end up having to weigh being  QB3 and getting top 10 money. 

Or going back for a normal season and maybe being QB1 next year.

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I know it's not Ohio State's fault due to a covid tainted season but it feels like these 2020 rankings are premeditated in order to get Ohio State (#4) back into the playoffs because @ (soon to be) 5-0 there is no way they are more deserving than a soon to be 8-1 Gators team (6th)...

Gators have a chance to play their way in.  Beat Bama and they will be in.  Lose to Bama and with two losses, they don't deserve it.  Early season loss to A&M is killing them.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

A Notre Dame loss would be delightful. 

Na. I want to see a Clemson vs Notre Dame 2020 rematch; but this time with Trevor Lawrence @ QB. 

I'm an FSU fan but ever since the movie Rudy during my childhood I grew up rooting for Notre Dame and love how they've joined our ACC Conference. 

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Na. I want to see a Clemson vs Notre Dame 2020 rematch; but this time with Trevor Lawrence @ QB. 

I'm an FSU fan but ever since the movie Rudy during my childhood I grew up rooting for Notre Dame and love how they've joined our ACC Conference. 

Cool...

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I know it's not Ohio State's fault due to a covid tainted season but it feels like these 2020 rankings are premeditated in order to get Ohio State (#4) back into the playoffs because @ (soon to be) 5-0 there is no way they are more deserving than a soon to be 8-1 Gators team (6th)...

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Gators have a chance to play their way in.  Beat Bama and they will be in.  Lose to Bama and with two losses, they don't deserve it.  Early season loss to A&M is killing them.

Not looking like a great day to pump up Florida so far given they're losing to a 2-5 Tennessee team.

EDIT: well, that didn't lost long. lol

56 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Not looking like a great day to pump up Florida so far given they're losing to a 2-5 Tennessee team.

The team that has an argument for getting screwed is A&M.  Ranked 5th.  They beat Florida, just one loss to Bama.  But they do not have a realistic path to the playoff.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Wilson against a top defense is basically must see TV. 

Who would have ever imagined that on a Saturday when Ohio State played Michigan State, and LSU plays Alabama, that the most intriguing match up of the day would be BYU-Coastal Carolina.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lith said:

Who would have ever imagined that on a Saturday when Ohio State played Michigan State, and LSU plays Alabama, that the most intriguing match up of the day would be BYU-Coastal Carolina.

That Coastal Carolina DL is serious. I haven’t watched them til now but there’s legit talent on the BYU OL and they’re struggling.

Wilson has been calm under pressure tho.

21 minutes ago, Lith said:

The team that has an argument for getting screwed is A&M.  Ranked 5th.  They beat Florida, just one loss to Bama.  But they do not have a realistic path to the playoff.

Stuff like this highlihts the college game where you can't just win you have to win very impressivly every week as in blow out teams badly.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

That Coastal Carolina DL is serious. I haven’t watched them til now but there’s legit talent on the BYU OL and they’re struggling.

Wilson has been calm under pressure tho.

I have not watched much of either team.  This is my first time watching Wilson, so I am curious to see what he does. Shame he had the 90 yarder called back.  Did watch Coastal Carolina early in the season when they beat Kansas, but really did not pay too much attention to them.

I guess one of the advantages of this crazy, screwed up season is that you can put a matchup like this together within a couple of days.  No need to set matchups a decade in advance.  2 or 3 days and lets go.

Can't wait for 7:30 to see our future kid QB in Trevor Lawrence take the field; I get more pumped up and excited for Trevor games over the past two seasons than I do for our own Jet games lately (I literally can not wait to draft this kid #1 overall into Green and White). 

I've never once rooted for Jet loses unless it's a meaningless week 17 game and even then I'd believe in "momentum for next season" and root for a win; but this is a first for me I've wanted to see us absolutely lose since week 4 and that's only because this kid is the real deal and greatest QB prospect to come out since Elway/Manning (not even Andrew Luck was rated this highly).