College game day Dec. 5th

Beerfish

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

It’s a shame Syracuse is and has been so bad for so long. They were good for a little while. Take away one big run and it’s another blowout loss.  

Yea the last time they were consistently good was when I was a kid 10-13 years old of 1995-1998 under Donovan McNabb who went 35-14 (.714) along with a 2-2 bowl game record with the Big East (unfortunately as a Basketball school first and foremost they're just overmatched within the ACC when it comes to Football). I still remember McNabb when I was a kid man was he so much fun to watch @ Syracuse; he should've been the #1 overall pick to Cleveland instead of Tim Couch (no brainier @ the time too). 

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yea the last time they were consistently good was when I was a kid 10-13 years old of 1995-1998 under Donovan McNabb who went 35-14 (.714) along with a 2-2 bowl game record with the Big East (unfortunately as a Basketball school first and foremost they're just overmatched within the ACC when it comes to Football). I still remember McNabb when I was a kid man was he so much fun to watch @ Syracuse; he should've been the #1 overall pick to Cleveland instead of Tim Couch (no brainier @ the time too). 

He was also a backup on the SU basketball team for a couple of years.

Zach Wilson is being servery overrated by Jet fans; not only has he already suffered an injury (abrum) to his throwing shoulder in which required surgery but he's playing against absolute crap competition and once finally playing a good defense tonight he's gone 6/12 (50%), 107 passing yards, 1 TD/1 INT and a couple of nice runs. As I'm watching him I keep telling myself he's pretty mediocre and yes he's having a good 2020 against crap teams but last year he went 11 TDs/9 INT throughout 10 games? lol no thnx. 

I almost fell for the Zach Wilson hype, but then I seen him play but then I seen him play but then I seem him playyyyy (he STINKS). 

17 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The late 80s they had a good year as well. I was a junior in HS. It was when Miami was really good because the cocaine Cowboys were paying players to go there and fixing their grades and entry exams. 

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Zach Wilson is being servery overrated by Jet fans; not only has he already suffered an injury (abrum) to his throwing shoulder in which required surgery but he's playing against absolute crap competition and once finally playing a good defense tonight he's gone 6/12 (50%), 107 passing yards, 1 TD/1 INT and a couple of nice runs. As I'm watching him I keep telling myself he's pretty mediocre and yes he's having a good 2020 against crap teams but last year he went 11 TDs/9 INT throughout 10 games? lol no thnx. 

I almost fell for the Zach Wilson hype, but then I seen him play but then I seen him play but then I seem him playyyyy (he STINKS). 

It should be, but then I saw him play, etc.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Brock Purdy might be a nice draft pick in the mid rounds for a team looking for an upside backup. 

As long as it’s not us in the 4th round, that would lead to a 12 page thread about how terrible pick it was.

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Damn that's weird I used to watch a lot of Syracuse basketball as a kid in Queens and maybe it's been so long ago but I just can't remember him playing for some reason was he any good? 

Not really, the muscle he put on for football affected his fluidity. He played in 5 games in 95-96 and 19 games in 96-97, he played 7.5 minutes a game in 96-97.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

2 drops and an Hail Mary Int. He’s getting attacked hard and he’s not rattled in the pocket. Completely tore down the defense in a two minute drill. He’s fine.

2 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

But he made a great read on the keeper for the touchdown run. Could see he was keeping his eyes on the linebacker at all times.

That whole drive wow'ed me. Even the shot into triple coverage was on a dime. He set protections, even audible'd at the line. He really is mentally mature at running an offense.

• Upvote 1