8 coaches the Jets shouldn't hire

AL047

Head coach candidates Jets shouldn’t consider if Adam Gase is fired (usatoday.com)

8  OC Greg Roman

7 OC Kellen Moore

6 HC Dan Quinn

5 HC Jim Caldwell

4 OC Byron Leftwich

3 OC Jason Garrett

2 College HC Dabo Swinney

1 Bill O'Brien

I didn't realize Roman's offense has sputter the following season wherever he went from San Fran, Buffalo and the Ravens.

Kellen Moore is the future head coach (yes man) for Jerry Jones Cowboys

Bill O'Brien problem is he wants too much power when he doesn't deserve it at all. 

Jason Garrett is a 50/50 chance he goes to another team. I'm curious what he can do now that Jerry Jones isn't meddling as a head coach.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, AL047 said:

Head coach candidates Jets shouldn’t consider if Adam Gase is fired (usatoday.com)

8  OC Greg Roman

7 OC Kellen Moore

6 HC Dan Quinn

5 HC Jim Caldwell

4 OC Byron Leftwich

3 OC Jason Garrett

2 College HC Dabo Swinney

1 Bill O'Brien

I didn't realize Roman's offense has sputter the following season wherever he went from San Fran, Buffalo and the Ravens.

Kellen Moore is the future head coach (yes man) for Jerry Jones Cowboys

Bill O'Brien problem is he wants too much power when he doesn't deserve it at all. 

Jason Garrett is a 50/50 chance he goes to another team. I'm curious what he can do now that Jerry Jones isn't meddling as a head coach.

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Add Harbaugh and Bienamy and the list is getting close.

Wouldn’t be surprised if those 10 guys also listed the Jets as a team they don’t want to coach.

59 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Good, then we will all be happy.

Yeah, no. Lol

Harbaugh is on mine and plenty of others short list to be the next Jets coach. I love how some Jets fans would throw away a chance to hire a proven coach at this level to hire some unknown. Then we wonder why the Jets always and usually suck. 

Just now, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Yeah, no. Lol

Harbaugh is on mine and plenty of others short list to be the next Jets coach. I love how some Jets fans would throw away a chance to hire a proven coach at this level to hire some unknown. Then we wonder why the Jets always and usually suck. 

Proven 7 years ago, the game has changed, he has sucked in college.  John Fox and Jeff fisher are also 'proven'

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Add Harbaugh and Bienamy and the list is getting close.

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Totally with you

Me too... I could deal with Harbough if that's how it pans out, but I don't want our 2nd coffee boy...

• Sympathy 1

Please correct me if I am wrong, but neither Lawrence nor Fields are fully "nfl ready", they both have worked mostly out of the shotgun, and they would come to New York. If that part is right, then I honestly don't believe imho that taking yet another rookie head coach will not be the right profile to help along this most important rookie.

I really would like Harbaugh to be on board for 2021 and help Lawrence or Fields along as he did with Smith and Kaepernick.

10 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Garrett is doing a nice job with Jones.  That said, Douglas should make the HC selection.

It's amazing how the media can brainwash people into thinking Daniel Jones is doing better this year. 

Jones  24TDs/12 INTs last year......now a year older with some experience he has 8TDs/9INTs. 

Jones had a passer rating of 87.7 last year.....this year it is 78.7.

Jones is also on pace for LESS passing yards per game than he was a rookie. 

Jones has also lead his team to a magnificent 4-7 record this year as well. 

What you are mistaking for "nice job" is the fact  that Jones was a complete disaster to start the year UNDER Garrett and he is gotten less awful for a couple of weeks against miserable defenses. 

The only good news out of all of this is that the media has likely also brainwashed the idiots that run the Giants into thinking Gettleman and Jones are part of the solution going forward. The bad news for the Giants is that starting the year 4-7 in the future won't have them in the playoff hunt like it does this year. 

45 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but neither Lawrence nor Fields are fully "nfl ready", they both have worked mostly out of the shotgun, and they would come to New York. If that part is right, then I honestly don't believe imho that taking yet another rookie head coach will not be the right profile to help along this most important rookie.

I really would like Harbaugh to be on board for 2021 and help Lawrence or Fields along as he did with Smith and Kaepernick.

You are wrong. Lawrence is 100pct ready and many teams run most of their plays out of shotgun.

Cardinals run 93pct out of shotgun

Ravens 97pct out of shotgun

KC 81pct out of shotgun

Houston 80pct out of shotgun

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/snap-rates--shotgun-v-under-center--off-.html

The Jets just need the right OC. Regardless, I think many really overthink the complexity of learning to take a snap under center. This is all these kids do. It won't take them too long to learn to run a few plays under center. 

I won't turn this into another Harbaugh thread, but he has been in college for the last 6 years and hasn't developed any of the QBs on his team into good college QBs so not sure why there is so much excitement for him to teach Trevor Lawrence, but that's for another thread.