Is next weekend the last straw for Harbaugh?

NYJ1

Knowing what we know from the 2019 report is the Ohio St. game the last one that Harbaugh can lose before Michigan decides to part ways?

I don't think there's really any doubt. If Michigan loses to Ohio St. it will make 0-6. I would think that alone would be a death sentence for anyone other than Harbaugh? 

What do you think? Do you think after next weekend we start hearing how Harbaugh intends to leave? Will he IMMEDIATELY go back into NFL coaching? Will he take some time off?

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

Knowing what we know from the 2019 report is the Ohio St. game the last one that Harbaugh can lose before Michigan decides to part ways?

I don't think there's really any doubt. If Michigan loses to Ohio St. it will make 0-6. I would think that alone would be a death sentence for anyone other than Harbaugh? 

What do you think? Do you think after next weekend we start hearing how Harbaugh intends to leave? Will he IMMEDIATELY go back into NFL coaching? Will he take some time off?

How do we know this?

From what report? 

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How do we know this?

From what report? 

The report that he posted the other day, thinking it was new, but didn’t read the date on.  Can’t expect us “dumb people” to keep up with the “geniuses”.

• Upvote 1

Michigan has won 1 NCAA Championship over the past 71 years (1997) so it shouldn't be to any surprise how they have 0 chance to keep up with Ohio State's recruiting ability. 

Ohio State hasn't missed a beat since Urban Meyer stepped down (as HC) and today they blew out their opponent WITHOUT their head coach; proof that NCAA recruiting is more important than NCAA coaching...

Look at any coach in the Big 10 Conference they all get destroyed by Ohio State on a yearly basis lol

But yeah, who cares; I want him as my NFL coach not for my "college team" with actual NFL drafts instead of a popularity contest of kids deciding where they want to dominate at. 

It's time for him to return to the NFL as he only went to Michigan due to his loyalty to begin with as an alumni (NFL is where the big boys can coach and win).

33 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The report that he posted the other day, thinking it was new, but didn’t read the date on.  Can’t expect us “dumb people” to keep up with the “geniuses”.

I get that, saw that epic fail but even if it were from yesterday it was saying that he would leave, quit, not get fired for losing to Ohio St.

14 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Michigan has won 1 NCAA Championship over the past 71 years (1997) so it shouldn't be to any surprise how they have 0 chance to keep up with Ohio State's recruiting ability. 

Ohio State hasn't missed a beat since Urban Meyer stepped down (as HC) and today they blew out their opponent WITHOUT their head coach; proof that NCAA recruiting is more important than NCAA coaching...

Look at any coach in the Big 10 Conference they all get destroyed by Ohio State on a yearly basis lol

But yeah, who cares; I want him as my NFL coach not for my "college team" with actual NFL drafts instead of a popularity contest of kids deciding where they want to dominate at. 

It's time for him to return to the NFL as he only went to Michigan due to his loyalty to begin with as an alumni (NFL is where the big boys can coach and win).

Michigan is one of the top recruiting powerhouse schools in the nation.  He walked into an amazing opportunity and he was brought in to win a National Championship, have no idea what youre trying to downplay.  He failed at what he was hired to do. He wasnt hired to average 9 or so wins a year and then go home, thats not the job.

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I get that, saw that epic fail but even if it were from yesterday it was saying that he would leave, quit, not get fired for losing to Ohio St.

His QB sucks. Not winning with a scrub QB. See Jets....Darnold. Very rare unless you have a dominant defense(Ravens..Dilfer/Bucs.....Johnson).  

11 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Harbaugh actually started off pretty hot as a recruiter. Makes sense, he came in with a reputation as a coach who could develop NFL talent, and anybody trying to play major college football wants to play at the professional level. Michigan didn’t quite hang with OSU but they recruited in the top ten nationally most years he’s been there, including this year.

Obviously Michigan is not playing at a top ten level, though. They actually played Ohio State pretty tight a couple of times his first few years and then have been getting blown out since. Not trending in the right direction in that way for a program builder. You’d expect the teams to get better - his program is getting worse. Some bad losses to Michigan State too including a really bad one this year. Teams sometimes seem to come out flat for big games. They’ve shuffled around coordinators and will continue to if he’s back, on the defensive side there now. First the offense was bad, then the defense couldn’t stop Ohio State, now they’re bad on both sides but especially the defense.

It seems like you’re excited about fiery Harbaugh, and that’s the guy Michigan hired, but he’s flattened out quite a bit over the last few years. He was good for sound bites and a lot of intensity early on and just doesn’t seem like the same guy when you watch games or see press conferences.

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Michigan is one of the top recruiting powerhouse schools in the nation.  He walked into an amazing opportunity and he was brought in to win a National Championship, have no idea what youre trying to downplay.  He failed at what he was hired to do. He wasnt hired to average 9 or so wins a year and then go home, thats not the job.

This. The mission statement for the HC at Michigan is the same now as it's always been.....beat Ohio State and contend for the National Championship. He's done neither, hasn't even been close. Even Brady Hoke beat OSU. Ironically, Harbough is in the same boat as Gase, they both failed miserably at the jobs they were hired to do. Gase basically fell on the sword the other day, admitting he has failed with Sam. Expect Harbough to do the same after the OSU game this week.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

His QB sucks. Not winning with a scrub QB. See Jets....Darnold. Very rare unless you have a dominant defense(Ravens..Dilfer/Bucs.....Johnson).  

But unlike a NFL HC, he has himself to blame.  He has to recruit the guy hes comfortable with, someone who he feels can develop and who can grasp and run his system.  He hasnt been able to develop that guy so its on him.  He cant fail at one side of his job and then get to use it as an excuse does he?