Jets \ Raiders Game Thread

Maxman

Here is the official:  Let's go Quinnen Williams, Braden Mann, Mekhi Becton, Denzel Mims, Ashtyn Davis and anyone else that might be on the team next year. 

*When we say let's go that is meant in a please look good in an individual way, nothing in a unified team building way. Save that until January when you talk to your new coach and the Trevor Lawrence pick is locked up.

new york jets fan GIF

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Its a shame that we can't root for our team to win a game but we pretty much can't. Darnold and the players will be doing their best to win meanwhile Gase will be running plays that have little chance of success. If Gase was fired I think this team would win the very next week. So keep your paws in it Gase cause it just gets us closer to the grand prize.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I want two sacks for Q today.

Not today. Derek Carr usually manages to look like ? against us. We don't need that kinda stuff shaking him off his game today. This is honestly the game that worries me the most going forward. Hopefully, our good luck charm of Sar guessing the wrong uniforms each week will replicate and carry us through!

T! A! N! K!

Tank! Tank! Tank!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The Raiders have been better than advertised so far this season except for last week. So expect them to not have their D- game again and play well. As for Sam he sometimes plays better after poor performances. But as the case all season this team cannot put points on the board.  Raiders 28 Jets 17.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Here is the official:  Let's go Quinnen Williams, Braden Mann, Mekhi Becton, Denzel Mims, Ashtyn Davis and anyone else that might be on the team next year. 

*When we say let's go that is meant in a please look good in an individual way, nothing in a unified team building way. Save that until January when you talk to your new coach and the Trevor Lawrence pick is locked up.

new york jets fan GIF

Was wondering if you just posted a guy in a Tebow jersey before I realized it was a Nike, lol

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

new york jets fan GIF

I really miss going to Jets games.

Just to spend time rocking next to guys like this.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The Raiders have been better than advertised so far this season except for last week. So expect them to not have their D- game again and play well. As for Sam he sometimes plays better after poor performances. But as the case all season this team cannot put points on the board.  Raiders 28 Jets 17.

Sam is not a factor even if he plays well. Our D is awful and the Raiders have enough fire power on O to top 30 on us.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Sam is not a factor even if he plays well. Our D is awful and the Raiders have enough fire power on O to top 30 on us.

At times our defense has been OK but it's same old every season. When the offense cannot produce and time of possession is usually pretty lopsided it's hard to defend consistently if the D is on the field most of the game. But the Jets are going with a C- secondary after getting rid of some of their vets. A few of these younger players like Ashtyn Davis might end up being OK but for this season it's hard to be competitive with that amount of inexperience in the D backfield. If you suspect tanking (and I hope they aren't doing it) one key way is to deplete the secondary it's hard to win games like this. 

22 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Per Cimini
#Raiders at #Jets: How Sam Darnold’s QBR stacks up with other recent Jets QBs in their first 3 seasons: 

Darnold (2018-20): 43.8 (last in NFL)

Geno Smith (13-15): 43.6 (30th)

Mark Sanchez (09-11): 42.7 (30th)

he does things other qb'scan't do!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, freestater said:

Not today. Derek Carr usually manages to look like ? against us. We don't need that kinda stuff shaking him off his game today. This is honestly the game that worries me the most going forward. Hopefully, our good luck charm of Sar guessing the wrong uniforms each week will replicate and carry us through!

T! A! N! K!

Tank! Tank! Tank!

I predict we will wear our horrible one today....oh wait, thats all 3.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

At times our defense has been OK but it's same old every season. When the offense cannot produce and time of possession is usually pretty lopsided it's hard to defend consistently if the D is on the field most of the game. But the Jets are going with a C- secondary after getting rid of some of their vets. A few of these younger players like Ashtyn Davis might end up being OK but for this season it's hard to be competitive with that amount of inexperience in the D backfield. If you suspect tanking (and I hope they aren't doing it) one key way is to deplete the secondary it's hard to win games like this. 

We are in tear down right now. It appears anyone that can get is back draft capital is on the block right now. 

45 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Per Cimini
#Raiders at #Jets: How Sam Darnold’s QBR stacks up with other recent Jets QBs in their first 3 seasons: 

Darnold (2018-20): 43.8 (last in NFL)

Geno Smith (13-15): 43.6 (30th)

Mark Sanchez (09-11): 42.7 (30th)

We thought we drafted Joe Montana. Instead we drafted Geno Smith a round earlier.

• Upvote 1