Jets \ Raiders Game Thread

Maxman

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Sam is not a factor even if he plays well. Our D is awful and the Raiders have enough fire power on O to top 30 on us.

Fully expect the defense to again do a decent job. They mostly have't been the problem spare the Pats game. The offense has been totally worthless such the defense is on the field all game. Throw out the stats; if you keep doing the 3 and out thing, your defense gets hung out to dry by the 2nd half. 

It's freezing cold out, steady wind of 25 MPH with gusts to 45. Darnold is going to dreaming about a warm sunny beach in California. And suck again. 

Would not be surprised if the Jets back door cover. But a win isn't happening. 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Sorry but our D is NOT awful.  Hyperbole much?

Honestly, I am so sick of fans like you that have no idea what they are talking about and just want to trash Sam. In 7 of 11 games we have given up over 30 points, in one other we gave up 27. So in all but 3 games the D has sucked. 

Watch a game and then comment. 

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Fully expect the defense to again do a decent job. They mostly have't been the problem spare the Pats game. The offense has been totally worthless such the defense is on the field all game. Throw out the stats; if you keep doing the 3 and out thing, your defense gets hung out to dry by the 2nd half. 

It's freezing cold out, steady wind of 25 MPH with gusts to 45. Darnold is going to dreaming about a warm sunny beach in California. And suck again. 

Would not be surprised if the Jets back door cover. But a win isn't happening. 

I really don't understand how a D that has for the most part given up over 30 points a game not being a problem

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, I am so sick of fans like you that have no idea what they are talking about and just want to trash Sam. In 7 of 11 games we have given up over 30 points, in one other we gave up 27. So in all but 3 games the D has sucked. 

Oh!  You're a Sam defender.  Enough said.  

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Again, hard to judge a defense that know they're going to be the finger in the dyke every game. How demoralizing it must be to get a stop, sit on the bench hoping to get a breather to then see another 3 and out and then back out there. 

Ripped Q a lot through early this season. And the guy has really turned it around. 

Not saying the defense is playing lights out, simply they're being asked to do way more than any defense should. 

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Yes the D stinks, now do one for the games we have scored more than 30 points

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

In 2.5 years: 39 TDs vs 36 INTs.;  11 W-22 L.

19 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I blame Gase 

33 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I really don't understand how a D that has for the most part given up over 30 points a game not being a problem

Exactly.  28th in total defense.  29th in scoring defense.  30th in passing defense. 29th in opponent passer rating.  Run defense has been solid and we have been good in the red zone.  But our defense, for the most part, has been pretty bad.

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

Exactly.  28th in total defense.  29th in scoring defense.  30th in passing defense. 29th in opponent passer rating.  Run defense has been solid and we have been good in the red zone.  But our defense, for the most part, has been pretty bad.

The whole team has top to bottom. There’s a few players that are a bright spot but overall the whole thing needs to be rebuilt. Coaching, training staff, strength and conditioning, players etc.