Did you cheer when Ruggs scored?

Did you cheer when Ruggs scored?   

209 members have voted

1. 1. Cheer?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

My sons and I jumped around the living room, it's was glorious.

The idea, dear friends, is to play very hard and lose every game.

4 more to go and its done.

SAR I

Sad person.

Nothing is 'DONE' except the hope for a team whose fans glorify losing.

And Trevor Lawrence will not save you.

15 minutes ago, Krappedetector said:

Cheer for S T U P I D I T Y ?

Never.

The Dolphins never quit.. and look at them.

The Giants.. the FIGHTING JOE JUDGE  Giants never quit!

Look at THEM.

And weep.

Is that your goal for the Jets?  To be 4-8 and fighting for the playoffs in the worst division in football with NO hope of winning the SB?  I would much rather be the Jets in 2021 than the Giants in 2021.  Even more so in 2022.  When the Giants realize that Jones is not a franchise QB next season and that they need a QB to keep from being, at best, 8-8 every season they will wish they had Lawrence/New HC/Douglas/Becton/Mims and the other talent we will acquire/draft over the next two years than Jones/Judge/Gettleman/................. But you and others can't see past next week, let alone see next year or 2-3 years down the road.  What good did going 10-6 in 2015 get the Jets when you know how the next 5 years went? 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Someone be sure to bump this thread when in 4 years the discussions turns to restarting the clock with a new QB bc Lawrence or Fields just isn't the guy. 

Better to have had the opportunity and the hope.  It's a QB league now and you can't win without one.  I prefer to have a shot at one than not.  I'd rather have someone hand me a lottery ticket than give me their place in line at the soup kitchen.  We've been eating at the soup kitchen for 5 years now.  0 wins or 3 wins or 5 wins or 7 - its all the same.  Give me the top pick.  

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Better to have had the opportunity and the hope.  It's a QB league now and you can't win without one.  I prefer to have a shot at one than not.  I'd rather have someone hand me a lottery ticket than give me their place in line at the soup kitchen.  We've been eating at the soup kitchen for 5 years now.  0 wins or 3 wins or 5 wins or 7 - its all the same.  Give me the top pick.  

Lawrence looks like a bigger faster John Elway

Sign me up

9 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Someone be sure to bump this thread when in 4 years the discussions turns to restarting the clock with a new QB bc Lawrence or Fields just isn't the guy. 

It's very possible that Lawrence will bust.  90% of supposed 'franchise quarterbacks' do.

The idea is to move on quickly.  Getting off of Darnold is the right decision, and tanking for a generational quarterback prospect is the smartest decision this franchise has made in the last 20 years.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Your first sentence is ridiculous. The second is silly. We just witnessed a play that will will join the Mount Rushmore of NY Jets Moments of Ineptitude.  We will see it for years. 

It's one thing to rationalize wanting it to happen. It's another to actively celebrate it.

To each his own.

Why is it ridiculous?  It's true.  One meaningless win, in both of the seasons preceding the draft, cost us meaningful draft position.  In the first case, we lost out on the QB, and were in a position where Gholston was the only real option.  In the second, we traded a ton of resources, and were left with a QB who is terrible.  I can't even remember those wins.  I think prior to Gholston's draft, it was late in the season vs. KC... Maybe?

And, this is the second play of the season I was told would be on the Mount Rushmore of NY Jets Ineptitude, and I've already forgotten the 1st one.  If you think, a week 13 loss, even if in last second fashion, is going to matter for years to come, I'd say it's Monday, and most people have already moved on.  Hell, the Seahawks lost to the Giants this week.  That's far worse than anything that happened to the Jets today.

And, there's no need to rationalize it.  It's already rational.

If we get the 1st overall pick, we're in the best shape we've been in in a long time - and I'm not ever sure about Lawrence yet.  But, I know it's good to be in the drivers seat for him.  Honestly, the best thing in the world for this franchise would be to get that pick, flip it to the Jags for a haul, and then take Fields, if Fields proves to be an equal talent.  But, we're not making the playoffs, and our QB is garbage.  So, in a lost season, there's only one good outcome left, and it's the one that requires us losing out.  That was just reality on Dec 6th, 2020 at 0-11, and remains so, today at 0-12.  And, even if we take Lawrence at 1, and he busts, at least we only gave up one pick for him.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's very possible that Lawrence will bust.  90% of supposed 'franchise quarterbacks' do.

The idea is to move on quickly.  Getting off of Darnold is the right decision, and tanking for a generational quarterback prospect is the smartest decision this franchise has made in the last 20 years.

SAR I

Indeed.

And, Darnold is a bust of 4 high picks.  Far more detrimental than Lawerence (of Fields) who will only be a bust of 1, should it play out that way.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Let the real fan debate rage.

I did. A small fist pump.  Not a big cheer that I would give if the Jets made a game winning prayer like that in a meaningful game.

A small fist pump..   I like that.  It's a very natural thing for that to happen. 

I had about 60 people in the live stream at the time and I couldn't believe it  I was sitting stoically in realization that we finally blew it.  Then a huge wave of energy when I saw Ruggs behind the poor UDFA kid.  I damn near lost it :) 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

This.

Honestly, there were a number of things to actually *like* about this game.

WRs played reasonably well, and I sort of feel like, you could go into next year with Mims, Perriman, Crowder, draft pick, and be okay there.

Becton got beat up a bit, but didn't crumble, made some big blocks in the running game, and put together a solid rest of the game.

Q. Williams continues to cement incredible growth from year one.

Possibly/Probably a mirage, but Johnson put together a very nice game on the ground.

A bad defensive call + a 8th string CB are why the last play happened.

Ultimately, the reasons we lost are things that we know are terrible, and will be replaced, especially most of the secondary.  Whereas, the reason we were competitive, are all the reasons you want to be here, and will be here, going forward.

Bingo.

I look at the Denver, New England, and Las Vegas games as huge stepping stones to a great future.  These weren't heartbreaking losses.  These were remarkable performances by a subpar roster under a beleaguered coaching staff.  These guys are tough as nails, all of them, from the owner through the FO to the coaching staff and into the locker room.  How can you not be encouraged by this?  Talk about making the best of a bad season, it couldn't be going any better.  

If 4 or 5 plays go the other way, they'd be praising this team at 4-8 for showing so much fight and gumption under such trying circumstances.  It's a great day to be a Jets fan.  Let's not go and blow it in the next 4 games.  Have to root for the Patriots too, we need that Week 17 game to be a win-and-in for them.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

We've been eating at the soup kitchen for the past 5 years bc Mike McCcagnan drafts, not bc its a QB league.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

We are both too old to be celebrating draft position

29 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

We are both too old to be celebrating draft position

Normally I'd agree.  The excitement I feel is not about Lawrence but about the philosophy of our ownership.  We appear to be showing the patience necessary to rebuild this thing, end the dysfunction, and become a model NFL franchise like the Steelers.

The Steelers have been in the playoff conversation every year for the past 20 years, and in that time won 2 Super Bowls.  That's what I want for us.  I sense that's what we are trying to do.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Normally I'd agree.  The excitement I feel is not about Lawrence but about the philosophy of our ownership.  We appear to be showing the patience necessary to rebuild this thing, end the dysfunction, and become a model NFL franchise like the Steelers.

The Steelers have been in the playoff conversation every year for the past 20 years, and in that time won 2 Super Bowls.  That's what I want for us.  I sense that's what we are trying to do.

SORE I

Nice post SORE I.

91C2EC66-D344-4C99-9053-800AE8184B4A.jpeg

No, and if you have ever coached or played this game NO!!!!! To quote Herm Edwards "You play to win the game" No, I felt the pain of those players....that locker room must have been HELL. Those players deserved a better fate! Draft picks are just that....a pick! Any players drafted are just that a college player being drafted look at these BUSTS Lets not forget Blair Thomas and

10. LB Vernon Gholston, Jets (2008, sixth overall pick)

9. CB Justin Gilbert, Browns (2014, eighth overall pick)

8. WR Justin Blackmon, Jaguars (2012, fifth overall pick)

7. DE Steve Emtman, Colts (1992, first overall pick)

6. QB Heath Shuler, Redskins (1994, third overall pick)

5. RB Lawrence Phillips, Rams (1996, sixth overall pick)

4. WR Charles Rogers, Lions (2003, second overall pick)

3. QB Ryan Leaf, Chargers (1998, second overall pick)

2. QB JaMarcus Russell, Raiders (2007, first overall pick)

1. QB Akili Smith, Bengals (1999, third overall pick) 

Those rooting for Trevor Lawrence, did you guys watch the game Saturday? He did not look like an NFL ready QB! Jet fans will be pulling out their hair saying why is he throwing into double and triple coverage, why does he throw so many short passes? and we should have held onto Sam :(

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I laughed, what else can we do?  I knew it wasn't over and was waiting for the big penalty or ridiculous play.  Is rather lose like that now than when we are decent again and the game will mean something.

I laughed as well. It was so unprecedentedly stupid to call a defense like that in that moment and so fitting to be a part of Jets lore that I thought it was funny. If that game had meant anything, however, it would have ripped my guts out. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not wired that way so I couldn't cheer. It was a tough day for me too because when it looked like the Jets were going to win the Jags were about to score and try to tie the Vikings and I could not root for the Jags because I had the Vikings in a survivor pool. Fortunately, the day worked out nicely for me.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Indeed.

And, Darnold is a bust of 4 high picks.  Far more detrimental than Lawerence (of Fields) who will only be a bust of 1, should it play out that way.

and having 3 other picks lessens the chance that TL is a bust (a couple of potential good players around him).