If eventually it's revealed that we did tank that last play, what are your thoughts?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would say, well good. 

then it means the Coaching Staff will be back next Year.

This is basically the same thread you made a second ago lol.         why

Posted Images

This couldn't have gone in the thread you made about the thing less than an hour ago?

Anyway, I wouldn't really care. 

But again, Williams isn't interested in his soon to be former employer getting the number 1 pick in the draft. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, theron said:

then it means the Coaching Staff will be back next Year.

This is really the only takeaway if it’s true.

No way did we tank this game. Teams supposedly tank every year. Anyone watching this game saw a Jets team that was trying to win. 

i applaud the decision. a meaningless win that has us watching trevor lawrence carve out a hof career on the jaguars for the next 20 years while we still cant find a qb doesn't seem like much of a justification for winning 1 game this year

• Upvote 4
3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This couldn't have gone in the thread you made about the thing less than an hour ago?

Anyway, I wouldn't really care. 

But again, Williams isn't interested in his soon to be former employer getting the number 1 pick in the draft. 

The first thing or the second thing???

D895D73F-32A3-4B24-B441-B45DA4EED7BA.gif

• Haha 2

What does Williams get by tanking there? This doesn't look good on his resume for future coordinator jobs, and the new coach is definitely going to want to bring in his own guy you would think. I guess its possible that Douglas is assuring him his job next year if he helps the tank, but I seriously doubt that

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, Cp561 said:

What does Williams get by tanking there? This doesn't look good on his resume for future coordinator jobs, and the new coach is definitely going to want to bring in his own guy you would think. I guess its possible that Douglas is assuring him his job next year if he helps the tank, but I seriously doubt that

So a team with no wins went all out blitz to try to close the game out rather than max cover. May seem crazy, but given their record, entirely defensible. Even if it didn't work. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Cp561 said:

the only way i will believe it was a possibility is if williams is our head coach next year. the only other possibility is if the johnson have picture of rex's weiner and gregs feet together 

6 minutes ago, Cp561 said:

Williams has done this numerous times with the Jets. His ego gets in the way of making the smart decision in a situation like this. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not sure what Gregg Williams would stand to gain by intentionally giving up a TD there, but whether he intended to do so or not, I am eternally grateful to him.  Build the statue now.

Let's wait until we secure the top pick, but I'm with you. 

Good job, Jets

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Williams has done this numerous times with the Jets. His ego gets in the way of making the smart decision in a situation like this. 

Agreed. Guy wants to win his way which is sending the house, huge ego for sure

19 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Stop. 

Nobody was tanking anything by leaving it to the last play in the last 5 seconds. That's ridiculous. 

Agreed.  It was a bad playcall.  And we got burnt.  Plain and simple.  

• Upvote 1