Darnold Press Conference and His Future and Character

neckdemon

With most of us hoping for the number 1 pick and lawrence i just wanted to say that darnold is a good kid and i think he was never set up well for success here. i hope he gets a second chance with a team that has him set up better to succeed. if you watch his presser the reporters were trying so hard to get him to say something negative about williams and the play call. he is young and he has talent and i hope he has a great career wherever he goes (as long as its not the patriots). 

edit: mccagnan is a piece of crap

I hope he finds success somewhere... he deserves a better shot then he had here. Unless he goes to NE of course. The Raiders should trade for him because Carr really sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TampaJet said:

I hope he finds success somewhere... he deserves a better shot then he had here. Unless he goes to NE of course. The Raiders should trade for him because Carr really sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He's a good kid that unfortunately got drafted by the NY Jets.  It's akin to ancient civilizations that conducted the barbaric practice of human sacrifice.  That must be how it feels to be drafted in the first 2 rounds by the NY Jets.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

While I personally believe he won't be here next year and really want Lawrence, I agree it's sad. He's a great kid. Loves the Jets. We just weren't ready for a QB. Now with our current draft position 1 or 2, it makes sense to reset at the position. Truly hope he makes something out of his career. Hoping in the NFC. 

• Upvote 1

I'm still a fan of Darnold.  He was drafted by the worst organization in sports.  The athletic talent is there, but I don't know if he can ever be a FQB.  He needs the perfect situation.  I will always follow his career and hope he gets to go to a stable franchise.  The good thing for him is he has a 100% chance of  going to a better franchise.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

With most of us hoping for the number 1 pick and lawrence i just wanted to say that darnold is a good kid and i think he was never set up well for success here. i hope he gets a second chance with a team that has him set up better to succeed. if you watch his presser the reporters were trying so hard to get him to say something negative about williams and the play call. he is young and he has talent and i hope he has a great career wherever he goes (as long as its not the patriots). 

Sam is a terrific kid.  I will absolutely root for him wherever he goes next (so long as it doesn't interfere with the Jets having success).  

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I have always been a Darnold fan.  Although he has flaws in his game he was as set up to fail here and I will take that Claim to my grave.  His coaching, protection, and weapons have been horrible since he was drafted.  I don’t care how good of a QB you are if you have awful coaching, protection, and talent around you then you aren’t going to succeed.  Now that doesn’t mean Darnold doesn’t have issues he needs to fix.  But this organization killed him.  I do think he will Be a good QB when he goes somewhere else away from Gase and in a better situation 

Well Gase killed Sam, and Sam has also hurt himself badly starting with the Mono and his bad decision making and mechanics.

• Thumb Down 1

With most of us hoping for the number 1 pick and lawrence i just wanted to say that darnold is a good kid and i think he was never set up well for success here. i hope he gets a second chance with a team that has him set up better to succeed. if you watch his presser the reporters were trying so hard to get him to say something negative about williams and the play call, but he refused. he is young and he has talent and i hope he has a great career wherever he goes (as long as its not the patriots). 

I hope he stays here. It's the Jets fault, and no one else's, that Sammy wasn't better set up. You're right. Sammy is an excellent kid and he DESERVES to be treated with dignity by the Jets. They OWE him a chance with an at least competent supporting cast.

With most of us hoping for the number 1 pick and lawrence i just wanted to say that darnold is a good kid and i think he was never set up well for success here. i hope he gets a second chance with a team that has him set up better to succeed. if you watch his presser the reporters were trying so hard to get him to say something negative about williams and the play call, but he refused. he is young and he has talent and i hope he has a great career wherever he goes (as long as its not the patriots). 

@oatmeal thinks he should just get the **** out

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

FA8D0794-8EBE-4D27-BCC8-1DDBD52695CF.gif

1 hour ago, afjetsfan said:

Sam was never the problem with the Jets.  If we had built around him with a real NFL caliber coaching staff, I think he would be a good QB right now.  Trevor Lawrence wouldn't be winning games with this team as it is.  So sure we'll most likely draft TL, but he has to come with additions to the OL and WR corps.  Pretty much what Darnold needed to be successful.  We'll see Darnold successful in the NFC.  I just hope he doesn't wind up on the Giants...damn that would suck.  Maybe he winds up back in CA somewhere...49ers?  Garoppolo might not be the answer.

Good Post!!

• Upvote 1

Seems like a nice enough fellow, but he's simply never going to be a quality NFL starting QB. The talent, drive and piss&vinegar aren't there. You cannot make chicken salad out of...a guy who parlayed a decent career at USC coupled with a spectacular pass in the Rose Bowl into 1st round status.  Hope he goes on to a few more years on an NFL bench and gets to early retirement in his early 30s in good health and with a pile of $. 

• Upvote 1