Cowher our next coach?

johnnyjet

Boomer just now on his radio show just threw out there that Cowher LOVES Joe Douglas and that the Jets job is highly regarded in "coaching circles".  Also includes that Cowher's wife is a HUGE jets fan - Bill supposedly was showing him coaching clips of himself to boomer yesterday at CBS.

Thoughts on this?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Joejet said:

If he is fully engaged he would be my top choice. I’m just not sure that he has that coaching fire anymore.

the way the conversation went down, Gio (for those not familiar with the show is Boomer's co-host) mentioned that EVERY time Cowher is ever brought up in connection with a coaching job, Boomer shoots it down, saying that Bill loves what he's doing and isn't going back to coaching.

this conversation made it seem that Cowher is at least considering coming back to the coaching world and that apparently the Jets job is enticing to him.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Boomer just now on his radio show just threw out there that Cowher LOVES Joe Douglas and that the Jets job is highly regarded in "coaching circles".  Also includes that Cowher's wife is a HUGE jets fan - Bill supposedly was showing him coaching clips of himself to boomer yesterday at CBS.

Thoughts on this?

would definitely inject some real legitimacy into the team to have a guy like cowher as the head coach. i can easily see why the job seems to be atttractive. a lot of top draft capital and a great cap situation. and some very promising young players like quinnen, becton, mims, maye and davis. cowher was even saying during halftime that despite the jets record there are a lot of positive signs that the jets have a decent baseline. 

• Upvote 2

Not the biggest Cowher fan, however I'd take him in a heartbeat over Harbough. I'm sure he would understand the importance of the OC hire in this the new NFL. He's been watching and commenting on it ever since he left coaching. That and he makes a commitment to this team with JD.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He hasn't coached in going on 15 years now and started off in a much different era than what the game has evolved into today. 

It’s not rocket science he’s still heavily involved.  The staff and attitude/culture/coaching network he’d bring etc etc I can think of a lot of good reasons

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Jets need a Parcellian moment with this hire. The next HC needs to be a heat-seeking culture missile directly into the rear of this franchise. I remain skeptical that Johnsons will pay the $10M+ annual to get this type of coach or that they will agree not to micro-manage him (e.g., with Assistant hires). I'd take Cowher or Harbaugh as 1A and 1B.

If I'm betting today, my money is still on Bieniemy. Just seems to have "Jets" written all over him.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He hasn't coached in going on 15 years now and started off in a much different era than what the game has evolved into today. 

harbaugh hasn't been in the NFL in 5 years and sucked at michigan, yet you still love the guy.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't see it happening. 

But Boomer is right though, if the Jets land the number 1 pick, assuming Trevor is coming out, the Jets job becomes the most attractive job opening. Especially when you consider all the cap space and additional draft capital they have.

Let Joe Douglas pick the next Head Coach. 

even if they get the number 2 pick its going to be an attractive job

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

harbaugh hasn't been in the NFL in 5 years and sucked at michigan, yet you still love the guy.

Ok and it took Bill Cowher 14 years before winning his first and only SB. 

And Jim Harbaugh has never stopped coaching. He hasn't taken a 15 year layoff away from the game (like Bill Cowher has). 

He also advised Trevor Lawrence to avoid us like the black plague on National TV so fk him; let him go coach for someone else. 

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

“Sucked at Michigan?”  Harbaugh has a 44-19-1 record

when he took the job everyone was expected championship.  he hasn't even won his conference.  i'm not saying i wouldn't like him as the HC here but his time at michigan hasn't exactly been HOF worthy.  he's an offensive coach and QB guy.  he hasn't recruited or developed a single QB at UM since he's been there

• Upvote 1

Gase AND Williams will be coaching next year. They have been in on the tank and have been pulling the levers for JD (the man behind the curtain) guaranteeing JD gets the FQB of his choice. If they were not guaranteed the extra year GW would have had 5 DB's stationed in the end zone yesterday!! This tank is a team effort at every level up to Chris and Woody. Loyalty begets loyalty.

Starap in boys.... AG & GW season 3 is soon upon us.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

when he took the job everyone was expected championship.  

Stop it. Do you even watch College Football man lol?

Michigan has won a whopping 1 National Championship over the past 71 years (1997). 

No college fan ever expected a National Championship out of MICHIGAN; and he only decided to coach for Michigan due to his loyalty as an alumni. 

"Everyone expected a Championship".