Whose laughing at Joe Judge now?

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Again we can all see that a coach can make all the difference in the world!

I for one thought that Joe Judge was nuts with his, my words, “silly antics “, but all I can say is who is laughing now. 

The Giants are playing disciplined determined football without their best players in the roster and most importantly they are winning games!

Coaching is odd, getting guys to play hard is not enough, you have to put folks in the right positions for success which Judge has done and it took awhile but it is paying off.  

That was a good Giants team on the field yesterday.  A team finding ways to win, instead of excuses to lose and we need to pay attention.  

Who cares? This is a Jets board.

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 2

I sat with my mouth agape watching that game last night.  WTF is going on in Seattle, especially with Wilson?  I had them as the top of the elite teams with a no-doubt Super Bowl appearance.  But lately they have looked awful.   I think last night's loss was more an indictment on Pom-Pom Pete and Seattle than what Judge has done.

• Upvote 1

The Giants did two things yesterday that smells of coaching.  They blocked and tackled.  

When their Offensive Line coach wasn't getting the job done he brought someone else in to fix it.  When his line coach didn't like it he was fired.  Jets fans made fun of him for not tolerating incompetence as if getting along matters more than getting it fixed.  

The Giants are a well coached team.  It's not hard to see the effort and discipline.  They still need better players.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Giants still suck. 

You know what the worst thing you can do in any NFL season is? Be mediocre. Because then you are never in a position to draft up your roster. Sound familiar? 6-8 wins is worst case scenario. Having 6-8 wins and still managing to win the division, making a Round 1 exit, and losing draft position unnecessarily? Awful.

35 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I for one thought that Joe Judge was nuts with his, my words, “silly antics “, but all I can say is who is laughing now. 

The Giants are playing disciplined determined football without their best players in the roster and most importantly they are winning games!

Coaching is odd, getting guys to play hard is not enough, you have to put folks in the right positions for success which Judge has done and it took awhile but it is paying off.  

That was a good Giants team on the field yesterday.  A team finding ways to win, instead of excuses to lose and we need to pay attention.  

Didn't the Jets go 7-9 last year and win 5 of their last 7?

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Biggs said:

The Giants did two things yesterday that smells of coaching.  They blocked and tackled.  

When their Offensive Line coach wasn't getting the job done he brought someone else in to fix it.  When his line coach didn't like it he was fired.  Jets fans made fun of him for not tolerating incompetence as if getting along matters more than getting it fixed.  

The Giants are a well coached team.  It's not hard to see the effort and discipline.  They still need better players.  

If you can take the initial media heat it’s the way to go IMO. The media is going to hate on any new coach who brings in hard coaching, holding players more accountable etc. The media, especially the national media has become laughably pro player. Recognizing this and just not caring is important. The Giants are clearly well coached. A system, culture is being installed. They block, they tackle, they play to the whistle etc. You know who exactly is in charge with the Giants and that’s by far the most important thing when trying to turn around a program. Judge was an outside the box hire, is definitely a bit of a hard on, but the results are the results. The talent difference between the Jets and Giants isn’t all that big of a gap.

8 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

The way he handled the Golden Tate situation will be remembered as the turn around for the Giants.  They still have a way to go but that moments to me was Judge's sink or swim or moment.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Todd Bowles went 10-6 his first year with the Jets. 

No one was laughing when Judge was hired, we have Adam Gase. There was already a circular firing squad assembled in Florham Park, our in-house soap opera takes up most of our band width. 

Judge had some promise from the day that he was hired; this optimism was based on his football background... he also seemed uptight and old-school disciplined, qualities that work when you are winning.

Fans and owners eventually tire of every coach except a small handful of coaches who manage to find a franchise qb.

The Giants players for now are seeming to buy into what he is giving them which seems to be kind of a hard line approach. Parcells recently said he likes what he is seeing from Judge. Just imo hardliners are like dinosaurs and long term they have probs. It's a lot different than when Bill was HC. He was a bully a successful bully and players and coaches didn't like a good percentage of his style. It worked---then.

The proof is in the pudding. Judge made an a great choice with Patrick Graham as DC. His players rave about him. He seems to get production out of any player you plug into the lineup. Judge has a problem with his O line coach and cans him. The response? The O line had a truly inspiring game creating a run game when the Seahawks had zero concern for Colt McCoy's passing. The Giants have get better as the year goes on and the only thing holding them back are the mind boggling needless turnovers by Danny Dimes.

• Upvote 1

I talked a lot of smack about him but it was all in jest.  I even said at the time that I was joking and that I thought he'd be a lot better than Gase (admittedly that doesn't take much more than a pulse).

Tbh, I like the old school type HC's, though I think they're a little bit outdated in today's Arena Football NFL.  I wish they would make a comeback though.  

• Upvote 1