Whose laughing at Joe Judge now?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Again we can all see that a coach can make all the difference in the world! I for one thought that Joe Judge was nuts with his, my words, “silly antics “, but all I can say is who is laughing now

And we care why? We all knew Gase was garbage.    judge has no correlation to the Jets situation, nor Gases inability to coach

Who cares? This is a Jets board.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Slightly off-topic but it's always odd to me when people try to credit Vrabel to Belichick's coaching tree - he was never on BB's staff in any capacity

Yeah.  It just shows how outlandish the BB worship has gotten.  "Oh man!  Vrabel knows how to call a play that results in a penalty that kills the clock.  That's what Belicheck does!   He learned that from his mentor."  It's going to get worse.  BTW.  The "nostalgia phase" hasn't even begun yet.  Though it's probably happening sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmmmm I said that they are playing disciplined football when many called him a joke including me.

You take off your Jets glasses and argue with these folks:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/11/29/giants-lead-nfc-east-joe-judge

https://sny.tv/articles/why-giants-joe-judge-needs-to-be-considered-for-coach-of-the-year

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-giants-joe-judge-20201212-tv5iebrhinctbopow4hn3pbpga-story.html

Oh and before you say who cares what folks say. 

All I indicated that the Giants were/are playing tough football and that includes them getting embarrassed today.

So far from waxing poetically all I did was state the obvious....

COME ON MAN!!!!

Are you seriously posting some fluff pieces about a coach to support your claim?

Here are some fluff pieces about Adam gase  during/after his first year with the fish when they actually did well. You know like won more games than they lost:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article124781909.html "How a rookie coach turned around the Dolphins"

https://www.thephinsider.com/2016/12/23/14071452/adam-gase-coach-of-year-nfl-miami-dolphins "Mortensen: Adam Gase top five Coach of Year candidate"

It meant nothing for Gase, it means nothing now. 

You know what means something? Your record. Which for Judge is 5-8. 

You know what else means something? How well your young QB evolves under you. 

Daniel Jones before Joe Judge- 24TDs/12INTs

Daniel Jones with Joe Judge- 8TDs/9INTs

Judge has literally proven zero as a Head Coach. All he has done is prove that if you are lucky enough to be in a trash division, you can get praised by Jets fans despite being 5-8. 

Stop believing all the crap the media feeds you. 

Joe Judge may be a young 38 year old;

but he's the complete opposite of a "young offensive minded guro" who a handful of NYJ fans have seemed to make him out as being...

30th ranked scoring offense. 

31st rated offense (yards per game).

Screenshot_20201214-001858.thumb.png.7b87b818c6ea40b8b1972992c0cc829a.png

How do guys like this even get an NFL Head Coaching opportunity to begin with when he's never been anything more than a glorified Special Teams assistant to begin with and what the heck does "graduate assistant" for there years @ Mississippi State, even mean?

And if being an LB coach for 1 year @ BIRMINGHAM-SOUTHERN is worthy of being considered as having defensive potential as an NFL HC well then where can we all sign up at?  🤷‍♂️

I just don't understand how he's even an NFL HC right now... 

He does have a cool NY last name of Judge though (thnx to Aaron). 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
1 hour ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

The NFC East is so bad the Jets would only be 6 games out for a share of the division lead at this point in the season. 

The giants aren’t in much better shape than the Jets.  In fact, an argument can be made they are in even worse shape because at least the Jets are coming out of this debacle with Lawrence and Harbaugh— the Giants are stuck with Jones who has looked like Bryce Petty this year and Joe Judge

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Joe Judge may be a young 38 year old;

but he's the complete opposite of a "young offensive minded guro" who a handful of NYJ fans have seemed to make him out as being...

30th ranked scoring offense. 

31st rated offense (yards per game).

Screenshot_20201214-001858.thumb.png.7b87b818c6ea40b8b1972992c0cc829a.png

How do guys like this even get an NFL Head Coaching opportunity to begin with when he's never been anything more than a glorified Special Teams assistant to begin with and what the heck does "graduate assistant" for there years @ Mississippi State, even mean?

And if being an LB coach for 1 year @ BIRMINGHAM-SOUTHERN is worthy of being considered as having defensive potential as an NFL HC well then where can we all sign up at?  🤷‍♂️

I just don't understand how he's even an NFL HC right now... 

He does have a cool NY last name of Judge though (thnx to Aaron). 

Joe Judge is horrible.  Next bust Beliweasel assistant turned HC for 2 years before getting fired

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Can somebody finally beat the Bill Belicheck assistant curse?

Flores is doing a pretty good job in Miami with meh talent

He seems different from the other Belichick assistants.  He’s certainly not as pompous as those guys

19 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He seems different from the other Belichick assistants.  He’s certainly not as pompous as those guys

Thought it was great that he went after the Bengals player.  That was very eighties.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

He has definitely impressed me though it's still very early.  

The biggest problem for the Belichick assistants is that they try to hard to be Belichick and Belichick's act only worked with Tom Brady.  Flores doesn't seem to be doing that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just my weekly reminder that we are still laughing at Joe Judge who was somehow considered a "genius" on a JETS message board when his team managed to be 5-7 in a horrible division.

Now he is 5-10 and still the same JAG coach he was before. Of course, being in the NFC east still gives him a chance at the playoffs and the media and many on this forum will somehow convince themselves that 6-10 and making the playoffs is a better coaching job than 6-10 and missing the playoffs. 

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Just my weekly reminder that we are still laughing at Joe Judge who was somehow considered a "genius" on a JETS message board when his team managed to be 5-7 in a horrible division.

Now he is 5-10 and still the same JAG coach he was before. Of course, being in the NFC east still gives him a chance at the playoffs and the media and many on this forum will somehow convince themselves that 6-10 and making the playoffs is a better coaching job than 6-10 and missing the playoffs. 

I just don’t know why there is so much praise for Joe Judge. The media has been putting a positive spin all season with him all season long even after a loss. Forgive me Giant fans but I don’t see it. The damn team is 5-10 and looks dead in the water. 

**** judge, **** the giants, **** bellichik..

belli would be an absolute ZERO w/o Taylor and Brady. he lucked out., period. w/o Brady as HC he is a LOSER.

LOSER over like 6 yrs....

• Upvote 3
On 12/27/2020 at 7:35 PM, long time suffering Jets f said:

I just don’t know why there is so much praise for Joe Judge. The media has been putting a positive spin all season with him all season long even after a loss. Forgive me Giant fans but I don’t see it. The damn team is 5-10 and looks dead in the water. 

The Giants beat 1 team with a great QB in Seattle.......Beat Washington twice with Kyle Allen......Bengals with Brandon Allen and the Eagles with Wentz who was benched for a rookie......You would think they were 10-5 the way Judge gets hyped.......

• Upvote 1

Judge ruined Daniel Jones worse than Gase ruined Darnold, their first round OT looks like a colossal bust who doesn’t want to play there, and they got nothing from the draft class besides, but the meeeedia slurped Judge so hard this year that it legit made me puke. 

• Upvote 4
8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Judge ruined Daniel Jones worse than Gase ruined Darnold, their first round OT looks like a colossal bust who doesn’t want to play there, and they got nothing from the draft class besides, but the meeeedia slurped Judge so hard this year that it legit made me puke. 

Blowjob references should have been stronger and more colorful here. I have spoken.

• Haha 1
On 12/14/2020 at 1:38 PM, nyjunc said:

He has definitely impressed me though it's still very early.  

The biggest problem for the Belichick assistants is that they try to hard to be Belichick and Belichick's act only worked with Tom Brady.  Flores doesn't seem to be doing that.

Flores isn’t as dumb as the other Bellytree guys

I don’t think Tua will be anything special tho

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Jones regressed bigly this season

Judge sucks 

On 1/1/2021 at 8:42 AM, Philc1 said:

Flores isn’t as dumb as the other Bellytree guys

I don’t think Tua will be anything special tho

Now he's 0 for 2 getting his team to the playoffs.  That's usually not a good sign for long-term success as an NFL HC.

Did I miss something? Here is a team playing in the easiest division in the league - they only beat like 2 teams outside of their division that was won by a team below .500 - even the hapless Jets might have done as well if they had that schedule.

On 12/7/2020 at 9:02 AM, jackhuntr said:

So glad they picked that game to be good, helped the Jets by moving the Seattle pick higher.

you do realize that the seahawks are in the playoffs and can very well get hot and win it all.....giving us the #32 pick. 

edit: sorry, i guess i should check dates on posts, lol

point still stands though. seahawks were never missing the playoffs

Still laughing. 

On 1/1/2021 at 6:03 PM, T0mShane said:

Well...he DID say that he didn't want any 'independent contractors'...

Let's see how long it takes for him to revise this way of thinking. 

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

you do realize that the seahawks are in the playoffs and can very well get hot and win it all.....giving us the #32 pick. 

edit: sorry, i guess i should check dates on posts, lol

point still stands though. seahawks were never missing the playoffs

No problem, I knew they'd probably make the playoffs, but was hoping the Rams would win the west (at that time) but the Jets screwed that up for the Rams too. Lol.

They could get hot, but hoping the Rams pull off an upset, if not the way the Packers, Saints, and Bucs are playing they hopefully won't get far.

On 12/13/2020 at 9:28 PM, Skeet Ulrich said:

Slightly off-topic but it's always odd to me when people try to credit Vrabel to Belichick's coaching tree - he was never on BB's staff in any capacity

On 12/13/2020 at 9:44 PM, pdxgreen said:

Yeah.  It just shows how outlandish the BB worship has gotten.  "Oh man!  Vrabel knows how to call a play that results in a penalty that kills the clock.  That's what Belicheck does!   He learned that from his mentor."  It's going to get worse.  BTW.  The "nostalgia phase" hasn't even begun yet.  Though it's probably happening sooner rather than later.

I think it comes from O'Brien.  O'Brien is certainly from the "Belichick tree."  I kind of hate that tree thing, but Vrabel is on that "branch" through O' Brien.

2 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

They're magical 6 win season is over. I'm sure it was a fine ride. At least they have Gettleman to fix things...

The narrative around Joe Judge in the NY sports media is remarkable. Connor Hughes last night on one of th Sunday night sports shows was saying "the Jets need to find their Joe Judge".

6-10 in the worst division ever in the history of the NFL.  A division that the Jets played last year and went 3-1 against. Gase was 7-9 last year and as much of a soft schedule it might have been, it was tougher than than any NFC East team's this season.

Have they extended Gettleman yet?