Just finished watching the highlights. Sam will screw up the tank.

6 minutes ago, Icer said:

Every Jets fan after the game: David Carr sucks, meanwhile he just threw for 200+ yds more than Darnold with more TD's and only 1 pick that bounced off his receivers hands

Jets fans always grade Jets QBs on a curve. If Darnold was doing exactly what Baker was, we'd be screaming Super Bowl.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

New England will be eliminated from the playoffs and Belidick will rest all his starters . OH THE PAIN !!!!!

well there is no way an even angrier than usual (for missing the playoffs) bellichick is gong to let himself be the only coach an 1-15 team beats that year.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

People are still shocked or dont get that players play to win, try to win.

Sam was nowhere as bad as he was two weeks ago, hes capable of playing s good game, it's football.

Friggen Colt McCoy beat Seattle yesterday, his first win in 6 years

Many people still fail to understand the dynamic that the players are loyal to an organization provided the organization is paying them. Their loyalty will immediately change once the paycheck comes from a different source. It is asinine for anyone to compare a fan perspective to that of the players. You are exactly correct that the players will always try to win because that paycheck depends on their performance, yet so many come up with the idea of the players tanking and could not be more incorrect. 

• Sympathy 1

I was as big of a Sam Fan out there, bought the jersey and all. But he threw for 186 yards, 3 TTD, 1 INT, and 2 Fumbles. That should not be a good game for a Franchise QB. If Mahomes put up that performance the media would be all over how it was his first "bad" football game. 

I get it but considering how he played this season it was a good game for Sam. I can’t kill him for the fumbles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

If Sam continues to play like this and we have seen him do it, we won't go 0-16. 

The pick was an amazing play by the DB. Yeah, Darnold could have placed it more outside but it was a catchable ball and the WR deserves some blame for not batting it down. The first strip sack was not Sams fault. Nobody hangs on to that ball. He has to get more protection. The second was all on Darnold. He needs to protect the ball in situations like that. His TD run was awesome. He looked like a RB bulling his way into the EZ. 

I saw Sam playing really well and making a lot of nice throws. If he gets into a groove now, we will win a game, possibly next week. The Seahawks D is not that good. Problem there is Wilson will most likely pick us apart but we should be able to score. 

Those hoping for a tank better hope Sam gets Covid and Flacco has to.play the rest of the way. If Sam plays like this the rest of the way, we will beat someone. 

You're delusional. Sam is part of the tank.

3 hours ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

I was as big of a Sam Fan out there, bought the jersey and all. But he threw for 186 yards, 3 TTD, 1 INT, and 2 Fumbles. That should not be a good game for a Franchise QB. If Mahomes put up that performance the media would be all over how it was his first "bad" football game. 

Mahomes lost to the Raiders in their first game and won 35-31 in the second and both games was 2 td's and a pick..

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I truly believe with a better coaching staff and upgraded roster that Sam will be a really good player, and I wouldn’t be upset keeping him with that expectation.

However, in a year when we can possibly get Trevor Lawrence, there is no decision, and the inclusion of drafting this kid will only attract the best from coaching pool.

You are right. That's why if we do not get the 1st pick it will be a toss up as to whether the Jets would take Fields at number 2 in place of Darnold. The asset aspect with Darnold is if he can net like a 2nd round pick and we then get to get a QB we draft on the rookie contract for the next 3-4 years(which is like half of what Darnold would cost in his 5th year, you may have to do it even if you take Fields or another one of the QBs that are touted to go high i.e Trask, Wilson, Lance, etc. that you can get even trading down a little.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

You are right. That's why if we do not get the 1st pick it will be a toss up as to whether the Jets would take Fields at number 2 in place of Darnold. The asset aspect with Darnold is if he can net like a 2nd round pick and we then get to get a QB we draft on the rookie contract for the next 3-4 years(which is like half of what Darnold would cost in his 5th year, you may have to do it even if you take Fields or another one of the QBs that are touted to go high i.e Trask, Wilson, Lance, etc. that you can get even trading down a little.

Fields is damn good and can come in fresh and be built from the ground up. Darnold had bad tendencies that got exacerbated from poor coaching and roster. It’s a tough call.

But what I saw from Darnold his rookie year was the ability to overcome his flaws. Bates fixed his mechanics up nicely, and stopped the fumbling problem.

You also reset the rookie contact by selecting Fields. 

All in All, especially after seeing Tannehill perform...I’d trade the 2nd pick (Fields) which will most likely net you a future 1st rounder.

The bigger question is, how will the next coach feel about Fields vs. Darnold. That’s sort of all that matters.

NOT getting Trevor Lawrence after a season like 2020 is nothing short of agony.

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

If Sam continues to play like this and we have seen him do it, we won't go 0-16. 

The pick was an amazing play by the DB. Yeah, Darnold could have placed it more outside but it was a catchable ball and the WR deserves some blame for not batting it down. The first strip sack was not Sams fault. Nobody hangs on to that ball. He has to get more protection. The second was all on Darnold. He needs to protect the ball in situations like that. His TD run was awesome. He looked like a RB bulling his way into the EZ. 

I saw Sam playing really well and making a lot of nice throws. If he gets into a groove now, we will win a game, possibly next week. The Seahawks D is not that good. Problem there is Wilson will most likely pick us apart but we should be able to score. 

Those hoping for a tank better hope Sam gets Covid and Flacco has to.play the rest of the way. If Sam plays like this the rest of the way, we will beat someone. 

Lol Sam supporter.

Wait, I should delete my post.  After all you're not supposed to feed the trolls, right?.  :)   

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Sam can’t even screw a hooker. He’s that damaged. Relax. 

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Yeah, let him keep scoring 3 TDs a game. I wouldn't  count on Becton continuing to allow strip sacks

I wouldn’t count on this either. Sam has bad accuracy and no pocket presence. Not going to last long in this league unless he changes his last name to McCown. 

11 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Lol Sam supporter.

Wait, I should delete my post.  After all you're not supposed to feed the trolls, right?.  :)   

You know Im not a troll. Sam has sucked for thebmost part bit things are different now. OL is giving him time, he has 3 legit WR's, and yesterday the team discovere d a running game. Can you name the last Jets RB to rush for 100? Im guessing Crowell

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

You know Im not a troll. Sam has sucked for the most ppart but things are different now. OL is giving him time, he has 3 legit WR's, and yesterday the team discovere d a running game. Can you name the last Jets RB to rush for 100? Im guessing Crowell

Sorry but Sam is a turnover machine with almost no awareness plus an inability to read a D pre-snap.   I was a 2 year Sam supporter and now I'm not. 

Sad part is the actually played ok under Bowles but IMHO that ship has now sailed. 

And finally yes I know you're not a troll but I do enjoy a good turn of a phrase.  :)         

4 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Sorry but Sam is a turnover machine with almost no awareness plus an inability to read a D pre-snap.   I was a 2 year Sam supporter and now I'm not. 

Sad part is the actually played ok under Bowles but IMHO that ship has now sailed. 

And finally yes I know you're not a troll but I do enjoy a good turn of a phrase.  :)         

I agree that Sams days on the Jets are numbered but the guy is just 23. He defintely needs off this team. I just don't think Lawrence will succeed here either . 

5 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

darnold can become a functional starter but he will likely always be a high turnover qb.  that's ok, if you can offset it with enough tds.  think of the farve model.  you throw 3 tds and 3 picks, you can still win.  throw 1 td and 3 picks, you lose.  

STFU

Favre and Sam in same sentence

rebecca asylum GIF

It's more then Darnold. 

Over the last month or so the O has been playing much better.  The OL has finally started to come together, after being strangers with no off season.  The WR's are back, and playing well, plus yesterday the Jets had a good running game. Becton was the weak point in the OL, giving up 2 strip sacks.

In all honesty I won't be stunned if the Jets go 2-2 in the last 4.  I'm good with that.  I'm not really seeing this huge gap between Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson the scribes are touting.  This last Saturday was a good example.  Lawrence was Meh, Fields played a very good, but conservative game.  Wilson's game was one of the better games of the week, maybe season.  He lost, but that 91 yard drive in 35 seconds was very impressive.  Made a play with 7 seconds left in the game that was a super intelligent play.

Problem for the team was they needed a 92 yard drive and only got 91.  Great game

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1