Gregg Williams fired

Rhg1084

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Whatever man.  If you want to wallow around in misery over Gregg Williams being fired because it somehow makes you believe that Gase is going to stick around, be my guest.  This had nothing to do with protecting Gase and everything to do with firing a organizational cancer that just cost the team their first win of the season, in the last 10 seconds of the game with a horrendous play call.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Nothing the Jets have done says they’re bringing Gase back.  There have been reports for over a month that they’re already putting feelers out for the next guy.  Again, choose to believe what you want to believe, I can’t stop you.

Adam Gase has been dialing up horrendous plays for 2 years. I really don’t care that much about Williams, but this is the first I’m hearing of him being a cancer. He’s done a good job since he’s been with the Jets with basically zero talent. This was an odd move and just makes the Jets looks bush league, as usual.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Adam Gase has been dialing up horrendous plays for 2 years. I really don’t care that much about Williams, but this is the first I’m hearing of him being a cancer. He’s done a good job since he’s been with the Jets with basically zero talent. This was an odd move and just makes the Jets looks bush league, as usual.

He was only a cancer to Gase. When people dont share the same views as Gase he gets rid of them, he did it in Miami and he has been doing it here. Same routine.

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

They will give a year end re-cap of the season at that time.

You don't hold a press conference for the firing of a coordinator. Number one, what are you going to say? The guy didn't do the job we were expecting of him? That serves no one's purpose. Number 2, it is embarrassing to the person fired. You don't want to be known as an organization that slams people and publicizes why they were fired.

This is organizational philosophy 101. Nothing to see here. Other than morbid curiosity which serves no purpose.

0-12 at this point and time says enough. 

I never wanted him as our DC to begin with and I'm so thankful he's finally been fired. 

I've posted multiple times on how he's a scumbag and an absolute coward and after forcing his own players to intensionally not only injure opposing players but to go as far as paying them $$$ for head concussions, torn ACL's and season ending injuries etc, etc a man like that, can not be respected (not even amongst his own players). 

he was an absolute scumbag who should've never been allowed to coach (not even little league) football again; he should've been blackballed a long time ago. 

ibhxxqumohvbinncld9o.png.a1cda9aaab30e36c1222947b140fd3db.png

I'm so glad I'll never have to look at that scumbag of a cowards face on our sidelines ever again. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Whatever man.  If you want to wallow around in misery over Gregg Williams being fired because it somehow makes you believe that Gase is going to stick around, be my guest.  This had nothing to do with protecting Gase and everything to do with firing a organizational cancer that just cost the team their first win of the season, in the last 10 seconds of the game with a horrendous play call.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Nothing the Jets have done says they’re bringing Gase back.  There have been reports for over a month that they’re already putting feelers out for the next guy.  Again, choose to believe what you want to believe, I can’t stop you.

Whatever yourself! lol I'm not wallowing in anything, I couldnt give 2 sh*ts about GW.

I'm not the only one that is seeing the breadcrumbs.  You're once again, making this solely about GW.  I'm saying this is just one more example of JD taking Gase's back; Adams, Bell, Williams, the examples of players he's gone out and grabbed, his public support of him, etc.  Gase is the HC for an 0-12 Football team (7-21 as HC) and his offense is terrible and he's admitted to failing to do his 1 true job but 1 play gets Williams fired?  Sure, boneheaded, dumb, whatever but what if Carr completed the pass to Angholor the play before when Williams dropped 4?  Still fire Williams?  Does it not seem a bit reactionary when put that way?  

I have not heard of these feelers, that's news too me.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Take a franchise most believe to be dysfunctional for the past 50 years.

Take a team who entrusted John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan to draft players.

Take a team believed to have the worst roster in the NFL and expected to win no more than 5 games.

Take away all the playmakers due to release, trade, or opt-outs (Mosley, Adams, Bell, Anderson).

Take away all the replacements due to injury (Perriman, Mims, Perine, Zuniga).

Take away the franchise quarterback as a bust (Darnold) and see him get injured as well.

That leaves a team capable of going 0-16 no matter who its head coach is.  Don't judge the coaching staff on W's and L's.  Judge them on the effort of the players and if the youngsters are developing.  Gase gets high marks on both counts.

SAR I

8B4A8AE9-A192-4854-8900-F416564C73A8.gif

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

They will give a year end re-cap of the season at that time.

You don't hold a press conference for the firing of a coordinator. Number one, what are you going to say? The guy didn't do the job we were expecting of him? That serves no one's purpose. Number 2, it is embarrassing to the person fired. You don't want to be known as an organization that slams people and publicizes why they were fired.

This is organizational philosophy 101. Nothing to see here. Other than morbid curiosity which serves no purpose.

It's simple. 

A statement that Williams has been fired, Bush will be the replacement, Gase retained and assessed again upon conclusion of the season. Further, address and put to rest in no uncertain terms the rumor that the game was lost on purpose, dictated by the front office.

Really not much to ask. It's just cowardly to back channel it out. 

• Upvote 1

I think Greg was a GREAT DC.  He kept the defensive together and they have played above there talent level all year.

I was actually hoping Greg might stay on for whoever our next HC is.  Though I knew that was unlikely.

This helps ensure the tank as the defense just lost their heart.  

Gase is the worst.  Brought in to elevate a promising QB and get the offense going.  He runs Frank Gore into the ground, Gore goes down and all of a sudden the young guys rush for 200 yards.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

It's simple. 

A statement that Williams has been fired, Bush will be the replacement, Gase retained and assessed again upon conclusion of the season. Further, address and put to rest in no uncertain terms the rumor that the game was lost on purpose, dictated by the front office.

Really not much to ask. It's just cowardly to back channel it out. 

Everyone already knows all that. Teams do not address rumors that "they lost on purpose". Doing so only plants that seed in people's mind. C'mon  with this.

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Why? Even if he was right he should have been looking in the mirror first. The “tackling”on the Waller touchdown was putrid.

It wasn't a play that had the same impact? Not even close. And I put that on GW also. Waller was a one man wrecking crew. Why were we not coving him with a LB and cheating a S to his side of the field instead of letting.him run wild the whole game. 

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

I think Greg was a GREAT DC.  He kept the defensive together and they have played above there talent level all year.

I was actually hoping Greg might stay on for whoever our next HC is.  Though I knew that was unlikely.

Williams wears out his welcome EVERYWHERE. Last time he was at a spot more than 3 years was 20 years ago with a team that doesn't even exist anymore(Houston Oilers)

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It wasn't a play that had the same impact? Not even close. And I put that on GW also. Waller was a one man wrecking crew. Why were we not coving him with a LB and cheating a S to his side of the field instead of letting.him run wild the whole game. 

A bad play call is forgivable. Tanking/jaking a play isn’t. Maye was as just as pro tank, if not more by not trying to tackle Waller than whatever Williams was thinking with an all out blitz against a QB who has a habit of wetting his pants. 

24 minutes ago, JiF said:

Whatever yourself! lol I'm not wallowing in anything, I couldnt give 2 sh*ts about GW.

I'm not the only one that is seeing the breadcrumbs.  You're once again, making this solely about GW.  I'm saying this is just one more example of JD taking Gase's back; Adams, Bell, Williams, the examples of players he's gone out and grabbed, his public support of him, etc.  Gase is the HC for an 0-12 Football team (7-21 as HC) and his offense is terrible and he's admitted to failing to do his 1 true job but 1 play gets Williams fired?  Sure, boneheaded, dumb, whatever but what if Carr completed the pass to Angholor the play before when Williams dropped 4?  Still fire Williams?  Does it not seem a bit reactionary when put that way?  

I have not heard of these feelers, that's news too me.

Bell was gone after this year and a total washed up player.

Adams kicked and screamed his way out of here.

How have you not heard about the feelers, they’ve been posted all over this forum.

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

A bad play call is forgivable. Tanking/jaking a play isn’t. Maye was as just as pro tank, if not more by not trying to tackle Waller than whatever Williams was thinking with an all out blitz against a QB who has a habit of wetting his pants. 

There is a difference. Had the Jets been in prevent,.the Jets win and nobody remembers Maye's bad play because they won. Nobody will forget the brain fart GW had. 

Jets DT Foley Fatukasi on Gregg Williams' ill-fated zero-blitz call: "The call was the call. What’s done is done. We played as hard as we could. The coaches coached as hard as they could. The bottom line is we lost the game, the game is done, and we have to get back to work."

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, David Harris said:

This helps ensure the tank as the defense just lost their heart.  

Gase is the worst.  Brought in to elevate a promising QB and get the offense going.  He runs Frank Gore into the ground, Gore goes down and all of a sudden the young guys rush for 200 yards.  

IDK   I liked the Williams hire at the time, but this year his unit has given up 30+ points in 8 games.  2 games above 27.  That's pretty bad.   That TD Sunday was a total joke.  Not sorry to see him go.  The CS sucks on both sies of the ball.

• Upvote 1

Just now, flgreen said:

IDK   I liked the Williams hire at the time, but this year his unit has given up 30+ points in 8 games.  2 games above 27.  That's pretty bad.   That TD Sunday was a total joke.  Not sorry to see him go.  The CS sucks on both sies of the ball.

The NY Jets offense has 19 TD's in 12 games this is on Adam Gase no scapegoat here. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

But yeah, “bush league” and all that jazz.

Gregg Williams has been known as a toxic cancer his whole coaching career.  How someone could not know that is absolutely mind blowing.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Mogglez said:

But yeah, “bush league” and all that jazz.

Gregg Williams has been known as a toxic cancer his whole coaching career.  How no one could know this is mind blowing.

Agree on GW but what does AG bring to the table besides being a loser his entire coaching career. 

Last time I checked its about winning games in the NFL.