Gregg Williams fired

Rhg1084

4 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Well the owner and General Manager both made strong public statements midseason supporting Gase. Could even say that they were effusive with their praise. Read into that what you will but I wouldn’t say that the Jets have done “nothing” suggesting that Gase will return next season - they have literally stated the opposite. 

Remember when Jamal was supposed to be “a Jet for life?”

Me too.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

But yeah, “bush league” and all that jazz.

Gregg Williams has been known as a toxic cancer his whole coaching career.  How no one could know this is mind blowing.

I don’t recall any stories of him being toxic with the Jets. The defense has played hard and has been undermanned since he’s been here. He’s done a good job and it makes no sense to fire him at this point(unless of course the defense is playing too well and they want to lose)Maye embarrassed himself more than Williams did on his tackling attempt  anyways.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t recall any stories of him being toxic with the Jets. The defense has played hard and has been undermanned since he’s been here. He’s done a good job and it makes no sense to fire him. Maye embarrassed himself more than Williams did on his tackling attempt. 

The history with Williams is that defensive penalties ALWAY pick up in his years with a team. 

Now, overall penalties are on Gase, He has to be the one to tell GW that these penalties (particularly the roughing calls) have to stop. They haven't. This may very well be the last straw in what has been a continuing Williams problem of controlling players.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Well, there you have it folks. 

Put it in ink, better yet, might as well get real and go with blood.

Adam Gase will be the Head Coach of the New York Jets in 2021.

I called a 3rd and 5th for the big cat and 2 firsts for Jamal.  

Assuming we finish the imperfect season I'm calling a late first for Darnold.

I'm also putting my lock of the century on Gase getting fired within 24 hours of the Pats game.

kneel GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

Who's taking over for the last few ass whoopins'?

UPDATE (12:18 p.m.): The Jets intend to name assistant head coach of defense and inside linebackers coach Frank Bush as the interim defensive coordinator after firing Gregg Williams, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'm also putting my lock of the century on Gase getting fired within 24 hours of the Pats game.

kneel GIF

I’ll wager on your, “Jets will get a first rounder for Darnold”. How much?

7 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The history with Williams is that defensive penalties ALWAY pick up in his years with a team. 

Now, overall penalties are on Gase, He has to be the one to tell GW that these penalties (particularly the roughing calls) have to stop. They haven't. This may very well be the last straw in what has been a continuing Williams problem of controlling players.

Wasn't GW the guy with the infamous "Hit the head, kill the head, never leave the pile without affecting the head" speech telling players to injure opponents?  I wonder how problems with defender self control could be an issue with him at the helm...

2 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Wasn't GW the guy with the infamous "Hit the head, kill the head, never leave the pile without affecting the head" speech telling players to injure opponents?  I wonder how problems with defender self control could be an issue with him at the helm...

I have never heard that, but it would not surprise me.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Adam Gase has been dialing up horrendous plays for 2 years. I really don’t care that much about Williams, but this is the first I’m hearing of him being a cancer. He’s done a good job since he’s been with the Jets with basically zero talent. This was an odd move and just makes the Jets looks bush league, as usual.

Doing nothing would have made the Jets look bush league amid the spectacle of tanking . Williams was fired to distract and appease the media , did the Jets intentionally tank - I still say yes.   And if Williams truly made that call and was not tanking he shouldn't of even been allowed in the locker room after the game, he should have been fired on the spot 

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

UPDATE (12:18 p.m.): The Jets intend to name assistant head coach of defense and inside linebackers coach Frank Bush as the interim defensive coordinator after firing Gregg Williams, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Would be so awesome if Bush refused the job or tried to force a contract buyout

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Everyone already knows all that. Teams do not address rumors that "they lost on purpose". Doing so only plants that seed in people's mind. C'mon  with this.

You're flat out wrong. A competent owner would make a statement reiterating the team's commitment to winning. "Everyone knows" is not a reason to not do so. It's a standard practice and a statement you make to shut up naysayers. The way a weak, mindless idiot does it is to fire the defensive coordinator and slip a note under the door to PFT so they can tweet it out. It's called leadership. The Jets don't have any.

52 minutes ago, Pac said:

kneel GIF

You said we'd sign Adams long term.

Are you saying we're trading Gase?

5 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

You're flat out wrong. A competent owner would make a statement reiterating the team's commitment to winning. "Everyone knows" is not a reason to not do so. It's a standard practice and a statement you make to shut up naysayers. The way a weak, mindless idiot does it is to fire the defensive coordinator and slip a note under the door to PFT so they can tweet it out. It's called leadership. The Jets don't have any.

Show me an example of an owner speaking to the press, in season, related to the firing of a coordinator.

46 minutes ago, JiF said:

You said we'd sign Adams long term.

Are you saying we're trading Gase?

Wrong, beach bum.

I said we are either signing him long term, which was JDs preference, or getting a kings ransom in return with 2 firsts or a 1st and 2 2s being the likely haul.

Go whack your forehead with that cheap surfboard you got a Sams Club.

• Haha 1

When Trevor is raising the Lombardi with confetti cascading down on his beautiful blonde hair that's softly falling at the shoulders of his green Jets jersey and he says "I'm going to Disneyland", I will necro this thread through tears of joy to toast Greg Williams for calling a cover-zero blitz in a game i wanted to lose.

'

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

yes and he was talking about Frank Gore lol

it gets better, I think Vitt testified against him to the NFL.

I have had a few coaches that would talk like this, not surprised.  More surprised that noone believes most of def coaches talk like this.