Gregg Williams fired

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

I have a damn Jets tattoo on my forearm, might be looking for a cover up. If he comes back next season it means that Woody and Chris could care less about the fans.

STOP buying tickets and merchandise start hitting the Johnsons in the wallet its all they know. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I do.  I want this team to eventually win.  And if management continues to do stupid, sad things - it makes we worry that they haven't learned a thing. 

There is NO logic to this move.  We need the people in charge of this Organization to have a semblance of logic.

There is actually plenty of logic to this move. He made an all time bad decision. The defensive players were likely revolting. 

Could they also fire Gase today? Sure. But who cares? So some other idiot on this coaching staff can take over? 

• Upvote 2

Ridiculous move but relax with the Gase will be back stuff..  there is a 0.0% chance he, or anyone on this staff for that matter, will be back next year.. 

mayyybe Boyer but I'm not sure STs has performed well enough for him to survive another regime.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

WOW

At this point in the season this is bizare even for the NY Jets.

As horrible as it may seem, it seems to indicate that Gase will be back next year.  WOW.

I honestly don't know if I can deal with that.  

Gase isn't coming back next season for the main and one reason being selling Trevor Lawrence on him.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

I never liked Williams or his hire here.  But right now I can't wait to hear from the guy.   Hope we get an earful on what an idiot Gase has been throughout these two years.  Go Greg, go.

Same. But he actually did hold players on defense accountable. He wasn’t afraid to bench guys. Firing him right now is weak. Just another confusing move from an organization with zero leadership.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

You know, this team has done truly bad things to us....

1. We have a majority of the Fans here actively cheering like a Super Bowl win when the Raiders beat us yesterday, and attacking fans who were in any way disappointed.

2. We have fans actively hoping for bad things (not getting T.L.) just to screw the Tank Fans, Gase, the Johnsons, in a "cut off nose, spite face" thing.

We're in a truly bad place today.  No pride, no self-respect, a mismanaged franchise, a fanbase clinging to the same old Savior Complex theory, fans angry at other fans (as if it were any of OUR faults, lol), and no one bur SAR happy to see Gase potentially back next year.

What a sh*tshow.

Problem is COVID has created a situation that largely insulated the Jets from their embarrassing failure of a season. Any other year, home games would be like

via GIPHY | Game of thrones, Game of thrones cersei, Game of thrones wiki

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, flgreen said:

WOW

At this point in the season this is bizare even for the NY Jets.

As horrible as it may seem, it seems to indicate that Gase will be back next year.  WOW.

I honestly don't know if I can deal with that.  

It indicates absolutely nothing.  The one thing players haven’t done is blame the coaches, play calling, etc. (even though they could have).

That is until yesterday.

Marcus Maye, one of the most respected players in that locker room, got on a podium and publicly shredded the man.  You can’t keep him, even for 4 more weeks.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

For whatever it’s worth and despite the narrative here... The players clearly and publicly turned on Williams.  Thus far, not Gase.

A recently traded future HOF safety says hello..

Other former Jets have also taken not so veiled shots at him as well.

I think 95% of the team hates him.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

For whatever it’s worth and despite the narrative here... The players clearly and publicly turned on Williams.  Thus far, not Gase.

Considering the Jets personnel that probably makes Williams look even better. He held guys accountable. Players got benched.Gase had Frank Gore still starting.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Gase isn't coming back next season for the main and one reason being selling Trevor Lawrence on him.

Giving Lawrence to Gase is like giving a gun to a baby.  I wonder if his representation were to make it clear to the Jets (privately) that Gase is a deal-breaker for him signing with the Jets would even be enough to move the curiously stubborn Johnsons on this matter if it came to that.  If I were Lawrence, based on what is publicly visible, I would have to consider taking a year off before letting Gase do a Darnold on me.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1