Gregg Williams fired

Rhg1084

Just now, jgb said:

Gase is so insecure the only way to get alone with him is never question him, never challenge him, and never make eye contact with him. Gregg don't play dat.

^^^Not only do the laws of physics prevent anyone from ever making eye contact with Gase, but think of the results if one were able to do so? 

medusa2.jpg

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's been Gregg's show.  Gase has had nothing to do with the defense.

Now he can.

SAR I

Huh? Say what? Gase is the HC. Head Coach. As in #1 Hombre. He has the veto power to change anything he wants. Why didn’t he intercede on that defensive scheme? It’s as much his fault as GW. Regardless, one down, one to go. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

For whatever it’s worth and despite the narrative here... The players clearly and publicly turned on Williams.  Thus far, not Gase.

Every single person in Gase's way has been eliminated.  Maccagnan, Glat, Williams, Bell, Adams, Osemele, Trumaine, Manish, Lucas, Beningo, all these haters and malcontents and bad influences, gone.

Gase still stands. 

We have our Alpha male, kicking asses and taking no prisoners in Florham Park.  This is exactly what this team needs.  They'll see.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This.

Gregg Williams was not liked.

At all.

Again, the press was saying that Gregg could have been fired weeks ago when he essentially said that the reason the defense wasn't working was because the offense wasn't good enough to stay on the field. You don't have coaches blame other coaches publicly. The guy has been on thin ice for weeks, this just cemented his fate before the end of the season. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Every single person in Gase's way has been eliminated.  Maccagnan, Glat, Williams, Bell, Adams, Osemele, Trumaine, Manish, Lucas, Beningo, all these haters and malcontents and bad influences, gone.

Gase still stands. 

We have our Alpha male, kicking asses and taking no prisoners in Florham Park.  This is exactly what this team needs.  They'll see.

SAR I

He did the same thing in Miami and it ended with the same result. Miami has flourished since he left, do you think it will be any different here?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

This is genius really.  Let’s see if GW says anything.  I don’t think he does.

GW ran a great defense last year that won the Jets most of their 7 games.  He basically figured out how to use Adams as a sacking LB.  He has coached in the NFL for the last 40 years.  Who on staff is going to now DC?  Gase’s father-in-law?  

GW was getting fired anyway.  So he ensured the tank, got to go home and still gets paid for the next 3 years.  Good for him.  

The Jets save face and deflect attention that they were intentionally tanking.  

So we just have to ensure now that the D is worse than it was.  I am a bit concerned that we get a dead cat new coach bounce.  

I am 50/50 whether Gase the Football Man returns in 2021.  Could happen, but he needs a real OC and DC.  Gase really needs to be just an Executive.  I don’t know whether he will be good at that either, but it has to be better than what he is doing now. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Drums said:

I will not watch the Jets next year if Gase is anywhere near NJ past 3 PM on Black Friday

If Jets fail to secure #1 pick and Lawrence goes elsewhere, I'm seriously considering following whatever team he lands on next year.

Had it with the embarrassing joke of a franchise the Jets are. Losing sucks but being the example of dysfunction and idiocy is worse.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase still stands. 

SAR I

lsdindex-1551743035.jpg?crop=1.00xw:1.00

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

GW ran a great defense last year that won the Jets most of their 7 games.  He basically figured out how to use Adams as a sacking LB.  He has coached in the NFL for the last 40 years.  Who on staff is going to now DC?  Gase’s father-in-law?  

GW was getting fired anyway.  So he ensured the tank, got to go home and still gets paid for the next 3 years.  Good for him.  

So we just have to ensure now that the D is worse than it was.  I am a bit concerned that we get a dead cat new coach bounce.  

I am 50/50 whether Gase the Football Man returns in 2021.  Could happen, but he needs a real OC and DC.  Gase really needs to be just an Executive.  I don’t know whether he will be good at that either, but it has to be better than what he is doing now. 

GW was fired to throw shade away from the fact they're tanking.  hey look at the jets, they care so much they just fired the DC!  

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

As long as he is OFF the field on game day and as long as he is NOT designing offense.  Put him in an office and give him some moron title, but go get a competant HeadCoach.  Because Gase is not.  Just keep him away from players, locker room and field.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yup. The only weapon we have as a fan base is to shame the Jets publicly. Billboards, planes, and the sports pages.

So strange that so many Jets fans hate the beat reports -- uh... the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

WAKE UP:

The days of the Johnson's giving a rats ass what a bunch of selfish, impatient, entitled Jets fans fired up by the clickbait media think is over.

Listening to you people is what got us into this mess to begin with.  Your opinions no longer matter.  Enjoy.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

41 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's certainly possible.  

Oh, I think I hit the nail on the head.

Jets fired defensive coordinator Gregg Williams. 

The team had no choice but to part ways with Williams after one of the most egregious defensive play calls in league history. The Jets, up by four points with seconds to play, sent seven pass rushers, leaving New York defensive backs in man coverage against Vegas receivers. Henry Ruggs III came down with a 46-yard touchdown to win the game. Williams' play call was baffling in every way, and has drawn the ire of NFL analysts unlike any call in memory. Accusations of the Jets tanking for Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence can be quickly dismissed with the firing of Williams. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

If Jets fail to secure #1 pick and Lawrence goes elsewhere, I'm seriously considering following whatever team he lands on next year.

Had it with the embarrassing joke of a franchise the Jets are. Losing sucks but being the example of dysfunction and idiocy is worse.

I probably wouldn’t be able to change teams but if you could root for a Gase coached team after this experience you probably had a recent lobotomy.  That’s the only way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase still stands. 

SAR I

Yea, we got em all right where we want them.   Let the NFL beware.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

Why would any team hire Gase to be an "executive" type head coach? What exactly does he excel at to warrant that position? Gase was brought in as a former OC to install HIS offense. That is why we don't have a real Offensive Coordinator right now. It's the same situation as Bowles. He was hired as a former DC to run HIS defense and why we ended up with Kacy Rodgers as DC. Gase failed at executing his own offense, he doesn't get the chance to try and run someone else's when he clearly isn't a great motivator to the team, isn't great with the press and will soon oversee an 0-16 team. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Drums said:

I will not watch the Jets next year if Gase is anywhere near NJ past 3 PM on Black Friday

Cool.

There are 20 million people in this market and only a tiny group of 18,000 people who actually write checks to the team.  If you don't buy tickets, you don't count.  If you do, you can be easily replaced.  The Jets will turn the corner, the Jets are perennially #2 in the NFL in attendance, the NFL shares TV revenue equally, next year season ticket holders will again not be asked to pay, and therefore ornery fans are nothing for the Jets to concern themselves with.

We will be rebuilt the right way.  We will emulate teams like the Steelers.  You will deal with it. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Cool.

There are 20 million people in this market and only a tiny group of 18,000 people who actually write checks to the team.  If you don't buy tickets, you don't count.  If you do, you can be easily replaced.  The Jets will turn the corner, the Jets are perennially #2 in the NFL in attendance, the NFL shares TV revenue equally, next year season ticket holders will again not be asked to pay, and therefore ornery fans are nothing for the Jets to concern themselves with.

We will be rebuilt the right way.  We will emulate teams like the Steelers.  You will deal with it. 

SAR I

Serious question. What are you gonna do and say when (not if) Gase ISN'T brought back next season?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

32 minutes ago, Pac said:

A recently traded future HOF safety says hello..

Other former Jets have also taken not so veiled shots at him as well.

I think 95% of the team hates him.

We didn't trade any future hall of famers, so I'm not sure what this post means.

• Upvote 3

Well this is one of the stupidest things I've seem the jets do out of all the stupid things this franchise does.

Totally indefensible to make this move if you have not fired Gase and won't until the year is out.

Totally pathetic.

And the thought that you fire a guy over one play call in a winless season is pathetic.

I am sure the chicken sh*t jets brass from gase to douglass to the chimp owners will hide in a hole and not say anything about it.

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Cool.

SAR I

As of now, I agree but if we keep Gase, then we have serious issues...again. And not even with him, but with our GM and owners. They be dumb if this continues, therefore we will never be good, let alone great. 

Also, me saying I don’t want to watch another year of Gase isn’t meant in the way of “that’ll show em!” But more that I can’t watch another year of hopeless football when being a Jets fan, hope is all we ever have. This isn’t fun. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Anyone watching this team objectively knew that Williams and Loggains would be gone next season with Gase remaining as head coach.  This isn't a surprise.

SAR I

I'm kind of on the fence with what I think will happen. But you have gone soooooooo far on the Gase wagon...what will you do if he is actually fired? Not gonna lie...it will be hilarious - your mentions may just break the forum. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jago said:

Rex just said "that guy can't hold my jock as a defensive coach" words to that effect

Heard that. Rex needs to check himself and cool it with the bluster. He did say he may have been beat on cover 0 before, but never in that situation.

We've all seen Rex's defenses get roasted in key spots...and with a lot more talent on the field than Williams had (not defending Williams' call....it's indefensible).

• Upvote 4