Gregg Williams fired

Rhg1084

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Cool.

There are 20 million people in this market and only a tiny group of 18,000 people who actually write checks to the team.  If you don't buy tickets, you don't count.  If you do, you can be easily replaced.  The Jets will turn the corner, the Jets are perennially #2 in the NFL in attendance, the NFL shares TV revenue equally, next year season ticket holders will again not be asked to pay, and therefore ornery fans are nothing for the Jets to concern themselves with.

We will be rebuilt the right way.  We will emulate teams like the Steelers.  You will deal with it. 

SAR I

Greek Jet, who I totally agree deserved it, was banned for far less than this yesterday.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, jbt said:

if Gase is back, I hope Lawrence screws the jets and says he wont play for them.  i would fully support Lawrence and hope this teams suck until the Johnsons sell the team

If I were Lawrence's dad (or Field's dad for that matter) I would encourage him/them and or their agents to make it clear that my son is not going anywhere near the worst HC in the league who has done his darndest to ruin at least 2 developmental QBs... and can't play-call his way out of a paper bag!

• Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Every single person in Gase's way has been eliminated.  Maccagnan, Glat, Williams, Bell, Adams, Osemele, Trumaine, Manish, Lucas, Beningo, all these haters and malcontents and bad influences, gone.

Gase still stands. 

We have our Alpha male, kicking asses and taking no prisoners in Florham Park.  This is exactly what this team needs.  They'll see.

SAR I

an alpha male with moobs? 

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Every single person in Gase's way has been eliminated.  Maccagnan, Glat, Williams, Bell, Adams, Osemele, Trumaine, Manish, Lucas, Beningo, all these haters and malcontents and bad influences, gone.

Gase still stands. 

We have our Alpha male, kicking asses and taking no prisoners in Florham Park.  This is exactly what this team needs.  They'll see.

SAR I

I don't think Gase will be back either.

And, while I share the sentiment that he takes way to much blame here, I think something yesterday was glaring.  We saw a young running back put up a very nice game against a not good, but not awful Raiders run defense.  The Gase/Gore thing is inexplicable, especially with this most recent game.  Best guess as an explanation is that it's all about blocking assignments for Gase.  But, we ran the football well for the first time all season, and it came with Gore on the sidelines.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

He did the same thing in Miami and it ended with the same result. Miami has flourished since he left, do you think it will be any different here?

Miami was years ago, he's in New Jersey now and we judge him on what he is doing here.  And the Dolphins were never committed to a deep rebuild like this, two entirely different situations.

For what I read in here, Gase was someone that players didn't respect and didn't want to play hard for and nothing could be further from the truth in Florham Park.  Every one of his moves off the field have been the right thing, including Williams today.  Yes, he isn't a good playcaller.  Yes, our offense is rudimentary.  But hiring a great OC next year can solve that.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, SAR I said:

Miami was years ago, he's in New Jersey now and we judge him on what he is doing here.  And the Dolphins were never committed to a deep rebuild like this, two entirely different situations.

For what I read in here, Gase was someone that players didn't respect and didn't want to play hard for and nothing could be further from the truth in Florham Park.  Every one of his moves off the field have been the right thing, including Williams today.  Yes, he isn't a good playcaller.  Yes, our offense is rudimentary.  But hiring a great OC next year can solve that.

SAR I

What he is doing here? Are we watching the same team this season? What type of hope are we supposed to have when the coaches cant get out of their own way?

• Upvote 1

Also the "GaSe is ComiNg baCk nExt yEar" Brigade should chill

Gase can fire people from his coaching staff

Doesn't mean The Johnsons will retain Gase and his staff at the end of the season.

We all know by know the Johnsons don't fire head coaches in-season. Gase is a douche and will fire whoever he wants from his staff whenever he wants...

This falls right into the theory that Gase/Gregg didn't like each other and right when Gase was set to get his 1st win Gregg gave him the finger. That's why Maye was so upset with Gregg during his interview yesterday

• Upvote 1

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

I don't know why it is, and don't take offense to it, but every time I read one of your posts, it is read in the voice of Bobo the wack packer from the Howard Stern Show. It is odd how that has just happened.

Never listened to Howard Stern.

You take the NY Jets and there failures way too serious. 

I don't take offense to anything you post. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I do.  I want this team to eventually win.  And if management continues to do stupid, sad things - it makes we worry that they haven't learned a thing. 

There is NO logic to this move.  We need the people in charge of this Organization to have a semblance of logic.

Just like there was no logic to the Defensive call Williams made yesterday .

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Gase shutout vs. the Dolphins.  All 3 WR's healthy, OL healthy, Gore healthy, Darnold healthy.

but they fire Williams because of 1 play? 

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Gase is coming back, confirmed.

**** you Jets

Have you watched the defense at all this year ?

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Serious question. What are you gonna do and say when (not if) Gase ISN'T brought back next season?

That I was wrong.  Fans with opinions on message boards usually are. 

Look at all the geniuses who said that we could easily find a quarterback better than Mark Sanchez, that retaining Rex Ryan over Mike Tannenbaum was the right decision, that Brian Schottenheimer was a bad offensive coordinator, that Geno Smith had potential, or that Gregg Williams would be named our head coach mid-season after Adam Gase was fired.

The entire point of a discussion forum is to have an opinion and debate it.  That's what we're doing.  Admitting one was wrong is part of the process.  So too is getting recognition for being right (ah-hem).

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Is this good or bad for the tank?

Not sure, but to beat Seattle, the Rams, or NE on the road or Browns at home for our last 4 games would be a tall order if we were even a .500 team right now let alone winless. Hawks would have been ripe as we saw what the Giants did, but they are extremely angry right now and will be so next week against the Jets. I expect Hawks to be focused and be able to win the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Ohhhh man.....I can't wait to hear what Williams has to say about Gase. 

I guess for his future as a coach in this league Williams should keep tight lipped.  But when has Williams ever been able to control himself and his ego?

After that call yesterday he should have no future in this league . He may as well go all scorched earth .

13 minutes ago, Drums said:

As of now, I agree but if we keep Gase, then we have serious issues...again. And not even with him, but with our GM and owners. They be dumb if this continues, therefore we will never be good, let alone great. 

Also, me saying I don’t want to watch another year of Gase isn’t meant in the way of “that’ll show em!” But more that I can’t watch another year of hopeless football when being a Jets fan, hope is all we ever have. This isn’t fun. 

Forget the names of the people we have in these roles for a moment, the key to being a stable, respected, competitive franchise is finding a HC and GM on the same page and patiently giving them the time to rebuild it in their image.

To become the likes of the Steelers or Ravens, we have to stay the course, we have to avoid the revolving door.  I would be very pleased if we could at least achieve that.  Gase and Douglas may not be the right guys in the end, but the strategy being deployed by the Johnson's is very sound.  That's what we need to remember.  And you had to expect that this would get ugly along the way.  A decade of awful drafting and broken culture can't be fixed smoothly, quickly, or cleanly.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase still stands. 

SAR I

from this dusted off repost clearly you see him as a googly eyed Michael Corleone.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

The fact the Williams is fired and Gase isn't is a TERRIBLE sign.

These Johnson Idiots might actually do the unthinkable in 2021.

I’m thinking the same thing....”and Head Coach Adam Gase leads the 2021 Jets out into the field” hahaha

I can see little King of Queens guy showing Trevor Lawrence the finer points of QBing in the NFL right now haha....all this happens because the BLACK SHEEP Johnson Dweebs refuse to own their mistakes but most importantly don’t want to pay two coaches salaries.  I don’t think either has an IQ over 90.

15 minutes ago, Alentador31 said:

I'm kind of on the fence with what I think will happen. But you have gone soooooooo far on the Gase wagon...what will you do if he is actually fired? Not gonna lie...it will be hilarious - your mentions may just break the forum. 

I will be a man and admit I was wrong.

But I don't think it's going to come to that.  All signs point to Gase as the man calling the shots and trying to lead us out of the wilderness.  He wouldn't have fired Williams today if he were going to retain him next season.  And as we're finding out, Gregg wasn't liked in the building.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1