Williams fired before Gase?

2 minutes ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

I think Greg Williams was fired here to quiet the media. How can they employ Adam Gase and fire Greg Williams? I understand that the call yesterday was a fireable offense, but overall he has done better than Gase. Does not matter that much in hindsight but still definitely weird. 

I agree, i honestly think that Gase is making all the calls for this team

• Upvote 1

The Jets defensive ranks were bad.

29th in Y/G allowed.  30th in Pts/G allowed.

So we fired Gregg Williams.

And here are our offensive ranks:

32nd in Y/G.  32nd in Pts/G scored.  We averaged 15 P/G.  the next worst team averaged 18.8 and they played one game without a QB.

So of course we fire the DC and keep the HC/OC.

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

32nd in Y/G.  32nd in Pts/G scored.  We averaged 15 P/G.  the next worst team averaged 18.8 and they played one game without a QB.

The defense was definitely terrible, but overall watching the games the defense looked much more competitive than the offense. 

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Lol, you guys don't get it. 

They are both getting fired after the season. Who cares if williams was fired 4 weeks before gase???

Williams just got the boot early because he had a mutiny on his hands with the defense..

Just relax and it will all be over January 4th.

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

They are both getting fired after the season. Who cares if williams was fired 4 weeks before gase???

Williams just got the boot early because he had a mutiny on his hands with the defense..

We can say that it will be over on Jan 4th all we want, but that is just the coaches. The real problem here is the Johnson brothers who will sadly not be gone on Jan 4th. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

They fired him because he made a bad call that cost them the game. Yet, Gase remains. How does that make any sense?

Either fire both now or at the end. But this was bush league (as always) from the team. 

Out of curiosity if they were both fired, what would happen? Like who would be calling the plays on defense?

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Ridiculous.  I mean I knew Williams was going most likely but he had been much better in his tenure than the “offensive genius” who has even admitted he screwed up Sam 

Agreed that is what I do not understand. The logic behind this Fire is what has plagued the jets for years OWNERSHIP!!

9 minutes ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

Out of curiosity if they were both fired, what would happen? Like who would be calling the plays on defense?

Same person who is now. Frank Bush.

My point is, Gase has had the league’s offense for 2 straight season, and almost bottom of the league his entire head coaching career.

If you’re firing Gregg Williams earlier than you planned because of that call yesterday...what’s your excuse for keeping Gase?

His offense has lost us far more games than Gregg Williams’ D has in 2 years.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Same person who is now. Frank Bush.

My point is, Gase has had the league’s offense for 2 straight season, and almost bottom of the league his entire head coaching career.

If you’re firing Gregg Williams earlier than you planned because of that call yesterday...what’s your excuse for keeping Gase?

His offense has lost us far more games than Gregg Williams’ D has in 2 years.

Agreed really hard to justify keeping Adam Gase. Only reason I see is to avoid team catching late life and winning a few games.

21 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Why not clean house now then? This worries me.

Bottom line: Williams was fired not for his overall bad job as DC and not because of his terrible Cove 0 Blitz call. He was fired because of the locker rooms reaction to his terrible call. This is a "keep the peace" firing to placate a locker room that has remained amazingly together through this horrible season. 

This is the ONLY answer because Gase survived despite 1) the O being is as bad as the D and; 2)  Gase either approving of or not knowing about the Cover 0 Blitz call. 

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If that's the case, what is the reason to fire Williams?

Did you watch the last play of the game?

Did you hear Marcus Maye?

There is a difference between being a bad coach, like Gase, and there is negligent coaching behavior like williams yesterday. 

They both deserve to be fired. No question. But only one did something so foolish that his firing needed to happen today. 

PS- I would have been fine not firing williams and I would obviously be fine firing Gase. I just don't care the order or the timing. They were both dead men walking.

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

Bottom line: Williams was fired not for his overall bad job as DC and not because of his terrible Cove 0 Blitz call. He was fired because of the locker rooms reaction to his terrible call. This is a "keep the peace" firing to placate a locker room that has remained amazingly together through this horrible season. 

This is the ONLY answer because Gase survived despite 1) the O being is as bad as the D and; 2)  Gase either approving of or not knowing about the Cover 0 Blitz call. 

Do you think this has any adverse impact on locker room? I feel like players may be lost without greg williams. Obviously I have never been in the locker room but listening to him talk, He seems like he commands the room.