Is it possible? Can Gase actually return for 2021?

jgb

Is it possible? Can Gase actually return?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Odds Gase returns for 2021

The Jets are sneaky.

They are preserving their options.  

Let's see if they pick first.  Let's see who is available to coach.  Let's see if TL refuses to play for Gase.

The Johnsons do not want to double pay a coach again.  They have been doing that for 10 years.  

Personally, I don't think the Coordinator type candidates excite them.  I think if the Jets can get a Harbaugh, a Campbell, a Pederson if fired, then maybe its worth firing Gase.  Until they see someone available, they hang tight.

But if I am Harbaugh, I am coaching the Lions.  Why move my family.  If I am Fitzgerald, I am coaching the Bears.  Matt Campbell-maybe a shot.  Pederson-easy peasy-just up the TPKE.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, varjet said:

The Jets are sneaky.

They are preserving their options.  

Let's see if they pick first.  Let's see who is available to coach.  Let's see if TL refuses to play for Gase.

The Johnsons do not want to double pay a coach again.  They have been doing that for 10 years.  

Personally, I don't think the Coordinator type candidates excite them.  I think if the Jets can get a Harbaugh, a Campbell, a Pederson if fired, then maybe its worth firing Gase.  Until they see someone available, they hang tight.

But if I am Harbaugh, I am coaching the Lions.  Why move my family.  If I am Fitzgerald, I am coaching the Bears.  Matt Campbell-maybe a shot.  Pederson-easy peasy-just up the TPKE.  

Bieniemy has Jets written all over him. Passed over 10 times, desperate for his first shot at a HC gig he isn't in a position to reject a lowball offer (a "Woody Special") to wait for a better one the following year.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I could just hear the head slaps around the NFL as every GM, coach, owner, et al, will be wondering what the hell does this schmuck have on the Johnsons.  Also...

• Every, and I mean EVERY, football writer/journalist and ex player will lose their sh*t and utterly destroy the entire organization.  And rightly so.
  • Trevor Lawrence would likely stay in school or pull and “Eli” and get the hell away from this team.  Think about it.  I would give up the $7mm in 2021 to not be locked in to the Jets for the next five years.  Eventually he’s going to make >$100mm.
  • Juju, Allen Robinson and any other WR would not sign with them.  Same with any other offensive player.
  • Joe Douglas would say to his wife “Look honey, I’m going to be very grouchy over the next 4+ years but we’re going to make a lot of money so let’s just grin and bear it”.

And yet in the mind of the Johnson brothers, it seems possible.  It’s mind boggling.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

Bieniemy has Jets written all over him. Passed over 10 times, desperate for his first shot at a HC gig he isn't in a position to reject a lowball offer (a "Woody Special") to wait for a better one the following year.

I agree with this completely, but I don't think the Jets will do this.  I think even they know better.   This could be a complete disaster.

That is why I think the other HCs, college or pros, make more sense, because they can use him as an excuse not to hire an OC, because there will be too much pressure to hire the SB OC over a group of guys who look the same.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, varjet said:

I agree with this completely, but I don't think the Jets will do this.  I think even they know better.   This could be a complete disaster.

That is why I think the other HCs, college or pros, make more sense, because they can use him as an excuse not to hire an OC, because there will be too much pressure to hire the SB OC over a group of guys who look the same.  

Hope so but Gase is the last guy we've hired with HC experience -- at any level -- since Parcells / Woody bought the team. I can see Woody overcorrecting again and scratching every "re-tread" off the list. Also, the re-treads we fans want are the most expensive options...

15 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I could just hear the head slaps around the NFL as every GM, coach, owner, et al, will be wondering what the hell does this schmuck have on the Johnsons.  Also...

• Every, and I mean EVERY, football writer/journalist and ex player will lose their sh*t and utterly destroy the entire organization.  And rightly so.
  • Trevor Lawrence would likely stay in school or pull and “Eli” and get the hell away from this team.  Think about it.  I would give up the $7mm in 2021 to not be locked in to the Jets for the next five years.  Eventually he’s going to make >$100mm.
  • Juju, Allen Robinson and any other WR would not sign with them.  Same with any other offensive player.
  • Joe Douglas would say to his wife “Look honey, I’m going to be very grouchy over the next 4+ years but we’re going to make a lot of money so let’s just grin and bear it”.

And yet in the mind of the Johnson brothers, it seems possible.  It’s mind boggling.

I would be done. I would physically restrain myself from watching Jet games if necessary, like when the Wolfman would have someone lock him in a room before the full moon came out.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

I won't be here if that happens  

I'd absolutely take a hiatus from following the team if he returned

Just now, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Gase isn't going to be here next year, 200% lol.

This reminds me of when some people thought Bowles would return after his final season here. That had 0% chance of happening, and this one has 0% chance also. 

correct

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Let's see if we can arrange a group discount:

Amazon.com: Unsigned Patrick Mahomes Kansas City Red Custom Stitched  Football Jersey Size Men's XL New No Brands/Logos: Sports Collectibles

Then take a group photo and send it to One Jets Drive saying 'So long and thanks for all the crappy head coaches'.

Would be awesome if Max reset the site to red, white, and gold if Gase comes back!

Leaders don't deflect blame. Adam Gase is a liar ? and a bad one at that. Was the defensive call bad? Yes. Did the Jets Head Coach still have a TO in his pocket when the game was over? YES! Is Gregg Williams the Head Coach? NO. So who's to blame for the result? ADAM GASE, THE HEAD COACH! How many times after a bad loss by any team do you hear the Head Coach say, IT'S ON ME! I'm the head coach & the buck stops with me. 

This guy is as f*cking crazy as his introductory press conference was. He's literally a lunatic! 

Adam Gase just convinced the idiot owner(s) to fire the guy they made him take on as DC 2 years ago.

This is the 2nd person that Adam Gase convinced idiot owner(s) to fire in 18 months.

Adam Gase is Svengali

Adam Gase will be coaching the NY Jets next season.

I hope I'm wrong, but none of this is trending in the right direction

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1