Is it possible? Can Gase actually return for 2021?

jgb

Is it possible? Can Gase actually return?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Odds Gase returns for 2021

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Leaders don't deflect blame. Adam Gase is a liar ? and a bad one at that. Was the defensive call bad? Yes. Did the Jets Head Coach still have a TO in his pockets when the game was over? YES! Is Gregg Williams the Head Coach? NO. So who's to blame for the result? ADAM GASE, THE HEAD COACH! How many times after a bad loss by any team do you hear the Head Coach say, IT'S ON ME! I'm the head coach & the buck stops with me. 

This guy is as f*cking crazy as his introductory press conference was. He's literally a lunatic! 

Everything you say is correct yet also irrelevant

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Bieniemy has Jets written all over him. Passed over 10 times, desperate for his first shot at a HC gig he isn't in a position to reject a lowball offer (a "Woody Special") to wait for a better one the following year.

Good thing Texans seem to be retaining Crennel or Bieniemy would have bolted to there for sure with Watson.

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Those of you who say 0%, how do you explain:

Gase being allowed to fire Williams?

Johnson family praise for Gase?

Gase still being employed on 12/7/2020?

Enlighten us. All of us.

Who else is going to fire GW? 

CJ clueless and probably afraid of his own shadow, 

JD hibernating/sleeping lost with his face in his phone deciding how to spend his money from  the foolish 6 yr contract the Johnsons gifted him. 

Sell the team Woody Johnson NY Jets fans and players deserve better. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Who else is going to fire GW? 

CJ clueless and probably afraid of his own shadow, 

JD hibernating/sleeping lost with his face in his phone deciding how to spend his money from  the foolish 6 yr contract the Johnsons gifted him. 

Sell the team Woody Johnson NY Jets fans and players deserve better. 

Gase never wanted GW. If he had the power to fire him he would have a long time ago.

Make no mistake. The Johnsons fired GW. They just let Gase tell him bc neither of those brothers have the guts to fire GW face to face.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Possible?

really people?

after 0-6 it was pretty obvious 

Have you ever heard of the Johnson brothers, Woody and Chris (aka Dumb and Dumber)? There is a very, very real possibility that they bought into JD's rebuild, and promised Gase he would be back next year no matter what. Otherwise Gase would never have agreed to the rebuild, and would have been screaming all season about the lack of talent.

Gase will be fired and he will be a footnote in Jets history.  He will have played a huge role in the future success of the team.  If we end up with Lawrence the money spent to hire him will have gotten rid of Mac, Williams and Darnold and gotten us our real QB of the future.  It will be an investment that pays dividends if we finish the tank, get Lawrence and Douglas hires a great HC and staff.  Years from now Gase will have a his number retired in the Jets ring of honor.  0-16.

3 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

I could just hear the head slaps around the NFL as every GM, coach, owner, et al, will be wondering what the hell does this schmuck have on the Johnsons.  Also...

• Every, and I mean EVERY, football writer/journalist and ex player will lose their sh*t and utterly destroy the entire organization.  And rightly so.
  • Trevor Lawrence would likely stay in school or pull and “Eli” and get the hell away from this team.  Think about it.  I would give up the $7mm in 2021 to not be locked in to the Jets for the next five years.  Eventually he’s going to make >$100mm.
  • Juju, Allen Robinson and any other WR would not sign with them.  Same with any other offensive player.
  • Joe Douglas would say to his wife “Look honey, I’m going to be very grouchy over the next 4+ years but we’re going to make a lot of money so let’s just grin and bear it”.

And yet in the mind of the Johnson brothers, it seems possible.  It’s mind boggling.

family guy school GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Then I switch to being a Bengals fan. 

Similar franchise from a historical standpoint that I can identify with.  Still has a big mountain to climb to push past Baltimore, and especially Pittsburgh. 

But the big reason?  I can watch Joe Burrow play and make the climb.  He can provide that "finally" moment Jets fans crave but will seemingly never get.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, DJF71 said:

I won't be here if that happens  

3 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I would be done. I would physically restrain myself from watching Jet games if necessary, like when the Wolfman would have someone lock him in a room before the full moon came out.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

I'd absolutely take a hiatus from following the team if he returned

correct

1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

I’d be on a one year hiatus until Gase is finally fired after 2021. It would be a good excuse to finally rid myself of my season tickets.

i don't believe you remake GIF

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Then I switch to being a Bengals fan. 

Similar franchise from a historical standpoint that I can identify with.  Still has a big mountain to climb to push past Baltimore, and especially Pittsburgh. 

But the big reason?  I can watch Joe Burrow play and make the climb.  He can provide that "finally" moment Jets fans crave but will seemingly never get.

Not a bad idea.  I will become a fan of the team Darnold is traded to.  He’s going to be good.

4 hours ago, jackhuntr said:

The Johnson's think the stadium is empty now, wait until next year if they keep him.

That will be the only way the Johnson's will get the message. I know it doesn't matter money wise because they already collect from PSL's and TV, but if nobody shows up and cancel's all their season tickets and PSL's that might just do it.

• Upvote 1

I don’t think gase keeps his job but fans gotta admit the team looked like it belonged in the nfl.  The raiders were playing hard too and are trying to get to the playoffs.  It’s not like their record is so good that this was a trap game.  They needed the win.  For 59 min and 50 sec the jets looked like they could play with them.  And the main thing is the offense was mostly intact.  Except for Lewis and gore being out the offense had the starting line up in place and the receivers all made very good catches and darnold was getting the ball downfield.

it’s not a complete vindication for gase but it does show thing are looking a lot better.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

I don’t think gase keeps his job but fans gotta admit the team looked like it belonged in the nfl.  The raiders were playing hard too and are trying to get to the playoffs.  It’s not like their record is so good that this was a trap game.  They needed the win.  For 59 min and 50 sec the jets looked like they could play with them.  And the main thing is the offense was mostly intact.  Except for Lewis and gore being out the offense had the starting line up in place and the receivers all made very good catches and darnold was getting the ball downfield.

it’s not a complete vindication for gase but it does show thing are looking a lot better.

The only reason it looked good was because gore got hurt preventing gase from playing him the whole game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1