Why does everybody think this move was so unusual for Gregg Williams?

It was a terrible call, but what’s the narrative if Carr hits the play before? This is dumb 

Two plays highlighted by poor execution. They let The wr split the zone and the last play the blitz wasn’t even run correctly. Why didn’t GW call the timeout when he saw two blitzers so far off the line?

Seems like the defense has been having many of these flubs throughout the season. I know they have no talent but at least run the plays correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Except he shouldnt have played prevent, he would have been better off rushing two and dropping 9 into deep coverage and just tackling anyone if they caught the ball and watched the clock run out.

I dont disagree.  The call was stupid, I'm just saying.  He played prevent, it didnt work, he tried something else and it too, didnt work.  Probably because the Jets a terrible.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Terrible, terrible call for the situation. But, I would note for those getting on Jackson, I think he had it right. You expect the pressure to get to Carr and the ball to come out quick, so biting on the hitch is correct because if Ruggs catches a short pass and Jackson is not right there to tackle him, Ruggs likely scores.

I disagree, Jackson should have Revis-cushioned Ruggs and kept him in front but close enough to tackle.  Horrible play by him and by the fat guys rushing and by the indecisive middle linebacker as you pointed out.  Crap call, crap execution.  Great result ?

1 minute ago, dcJet said:

I disagree, Jackson should have Revis-cushioned Ruggs and kept him in front but close enough to tackle.  Horrible play by him and by the fat guys rushing and by the indecisive middle linebacker as you pointed out.  Crap call, crap execution.  Great result ?

How close to Ruggs does Jackson have to be in order to assure he can tackle Ruggs?

20 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

He might never work in the NFL again after that call .

Yesterday I heard someone say that Bob Gibson, the Giants OC who called the handoff to Csonka (after a Pisarcik kneel down) that turned into the miracle at the meadowlands was also fired the next day. Gibson never worked in the NFL again, moved to Sanibel Island where he raised cattle and opened a bait shop and never talked about the call again in his lifetime.

GW is a guy who does what he wants.  Doesn't care what others think.  He plays a blitz happy D and so he blitzed.

Another thought.  He knew Gase was lobbying to have him fired.  Maybe he was sticking it to Gase (surprising considering what a good guy he is) and didn't care if he got fired.  They still have to pay him.

He took a page out of JA's book and made himself a misery to have around.