Ok so let's straighten this out-

All this talk of intentionally tanking is just stupid. No professional team tries to tank. No player would ever try not to win, and if there was even a hint that management was trying to tank some players would be screaming bloody murder to the press.

What I think is going on, and I've said it since last summer, is that JD told Dumber (Chris, of the famous Dumb and Dumber Johnson brothers), that the team needed a total, ground-up rebuild, and that things would get worse before they got better. And they got much worse than even JD thought. But the plan was to get rid of bad contracts, acquire draft picks, and build a big pot of cap room to use in the rebuild.

If the Jets were trying to tank, why would they have fired Williams? He would have had to be in on the tank, and as soon as they fired him he would have blown the whistle on the whole thing, and the league would have had no choice but to take action against the team.

No way they are tanking. Ground up rebuild which, unfortunately, means Gase was likely guaranteed through at least next year.

So, you Trevor wet dreamers, you may get your QB, but you may also have Gase as the head coach.

12 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

The question is are the New York Jets tanking, or do we have the worst Head Coach ever? Sorry but it can't be both!

Personally I don't think any prideful man could purposely fail in a competitive profession. That's obviously painful for the players. However in the corporate ranks for the sake of business and getting ahead, it's very possible. I can only speak for myself cuz I've never been a part of any gang.

I have a few points to make for my fellow posters to ponder.

All season I've seen you guys saying that we're tanking for Trevor. That some are in on the tank. That AG is the perfect coach for the tank cuz he just absolutely sucks. Right?

Then why is it that every time we get something going on offense we completely switch it up? You don't think that's by Design? We start throwing to Mims, he looks great and then we don't throw them for an entire second half?

We can't do crap for the first quarter then we make a huge come back with the game on the line and suddenly we just make a bad call?

You don't think that Gase was doing his friend Frank Gore a favor by trying to pump up his stats for previous time well spent? Maybe a similar favor that Peyton Manning did when he made a phone call?

We all see the potential on the field and it's almost like a peep show. They givith and take it away.

Something smells God damn fishy!

Players that suddenly come up with soft tissue injuries. We're waiting for the trainers to tell us when they're good to go and we don't want to rush anything. Well you got to do what the doctors say right?

Whether or not they're trying to get the first pick for Trevor Lawrence is anyone's guess. Maybe they're keeping Darnold and looking to trade down for a cashe of ammo in the draft that would turn this team around in a year. Obviously we have plenty of cap space available as well.

Honestly I'm on the fence 50/50 weather Gase stays or not, but I think this is a plan and it has been all along. If he is fired it would be because of the public outcry, however I believe he's The Mastermind behind all of the massive changes that have happened. So don't be surprised if he's still here next year.

New York is a really tough place to pull off a tank with the media and fans..

Again I'm 50-50 I could be totally wrong, but if this is a plan and he's sitting up there taking the bullets and we get a total haul next year in the draft and free agency and come out firing then he's the MF man of steel.

OK. You've given two choices. Tank or worst team. Let's look at the last New Jersey Jets game. The game was won. All that was needed was for deep defenders to stay between their targets and the goal line. That did not happen. Does that rookie error come from being told to tank by trying to intercept the ball if there was a pass? It's got to be one or the other, yes or no, right?

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Go, Jets

8 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

As much as I enjoy the "Tank" there is no way in today's day in age, or yesterday's for that matter, that Tanks like this one are intentional. Sure, some people in key places might not mind the figurative Tank, but there is Zero way that this is any type of coordinated effort...for two reasons:'

1) These are professionals at all levels. They earn a living and have families or lives to support.  Even if they get fired / cut there's still a likelihood they'll get on somewhere else. It's a revolving door both for Coaches and Players.

2) The NY Jets are incapable of successfully coordinating a winning football season, let alone an orchestrated plan to intentionally tank a season. 

The Colts possibly did intentionally tank in 2010 for Luck. Speculation was that during the Jets game they intentionally changed QBs at half time, giving the Jets a win necessary to get into the playoffs. The loss put the Colts in the draft pole position to get Luck.

In todays times anything is conceivable!   50 years following this team and it has been a struggle year after year.   Rex Ryans 2 years were our best hope making the playoffs in both and the championship in his first.   It has been a steady decline ever since.  So what are the answers to get this turned around.  I know one thing that is certain Gase is not the answer.  He is a cancer and a tremendous liability.   He has to go.  I just see why in the world would a team purposely want to have a horrible season.   Hell I'm to competitive for that.  

10 hours ago, dcJet said:

Occam's razor.

The Jets coaches and front office and owners are brilliantly putting together a secretive and skillful tank operation.

OR

Everyone is stupid and incompetent and sucks ass.

Maybe we should ask Sidney Powell to investigate and come up with a theory?

• Haha 2

It's a tank.  It may not have started that way but the opt out and injuries along with the trade of Adams changed the outlook for this season.   I think there was also a loss of faith in Sam.  It's a tank.  Gase is not the worst HC in the league.  He may not be good but he doesn't suck this much.  He has had some success and some failure and doesn't have a solid resume but this level of incompetence is nowhere on his resume.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

the maras and tische's know football?  the rooney?  the hunts?  the modell's?  kraft? mecam? think they know football? georgia frontiere?  they don't either.  all of those "football' owners had teams that suffered through long droughts of ineptitude.  didn't it take something like 45 years for the steelers to even have a winning record?  and in the case of mecam and hunt, those owners were from the oil field.

the owners don't need to know football.  they just need to hire guys that do.

This!

I don't want owners who "know football." I want owners who spend money and hire people who know football. Jerry Jones named himself GM. Anyone want Woody doing that? When Dan Snyder bought the Redskins*, he arrived at the headquarters the first day with a stack of fantasy football magazines. Is that what Jets fans want?

Let the owners own, and pay for stuff like the facility at Florham Park. Let the football people make the football decisions.

11 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

It goes beyond the ineptitude of Gase.  Was listening to Brick at night on siriusxm, and the four teams with the worst owners in the NFL were:

Detroit Lions 

Cincinnati Bengals 

New York Jets

L A Chargers

Losers, and it starts with owners who don't know football.  I agree.  Gase will be here next year because the Johnson's are just that bad.  Lawrence will not come here.  What do we have to offer?

I find the list interesting. The Bengals and Chargers ownership are renown for being extreme cheapskates. I don't know enough about the Lions (Ford family) ownership to know if that's one of the roots of their problems. The Johnsons aren't cheap - they are just stupid in who they hire. They have good training facilities, and (unfortunately) they just blindly tagged along with the Maras when it came to spending too much on an overpriced, under-featured, badly located open roof stadium.  

3 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Fine... But it better not be over until they are officially 0-16.  UNLESS the Jags win another game.  Then the Jets have my blessing to go 1-15

If they mess this up and let Trevor Lawrence slip away, I will drive my ******* head through a wall. 

See.  That's the rub isn't it.  Every week... Every day... Every minute... There's always the chance, however large or small that they could blow it. 

No reason to get...

high_anxiety.gif.8db37ed613d8b55cf1a20076dd993c9a.gif

4 hours ago, Bungaman said:

I find the list interesting. The Bengals and Chargers ownership are renown for being extreme cheapskates. I don't know enough about the Lions (Ford family) ownership to know if that's one of the roots of their problems. The Johnsons aren't cheap - they are just stupid in who they hire. They have good training facilities, and (unfortunately) they just blindly tagged along with the Maras when it came to spending too much on an overpriced, under-featured, badly located open roof stadium.  

Both of those things can be true. 

14 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

As much as I enjoy the "Tank" there is no way in today's day in age, or yesterday's for that matter, that Tanks like this one are intentional. Sure, some people in key places might not mind the figurative Tank, but there is Zero way that this is any type of coordinated effort...for two reasons:'

1) These are professionals at all levels. They earn a living and have families or lives to support.  Even if they get fired / cut there's still a likelihood they'll get on somewhere else. It's a revolving door both for Coaches and Players.

2) The NY Jets are incapable of successfully coordinating a winning football season, let alone an orchestrated plan to intentionally tank a season. 

How foolish we be to think that the NY Jets could be competent at being incompetent when incompetence was the priority.

7 hours ago, Bungaman said:

I hate that stadium