Hurts to start in Philly

16 hours ago, flgreen said:

I hope so.

Would love to see Pederson here, think Douglas would love that also

I admit my ignorance on the Eagles' infrastructure and what exactly is falling apart over there and why, but why should Jets fans want someone who is blowing pineapple chunks somewhere else to come and blow pineapple chunks over here? Eagles fans are calling for Pederson's head and clamoring for him to be fired; and although most Jets fans didn't want Gase for this very reason (Miami), why should those same Jets fans be swayed by Pederson in a repeat circumstance? I'm seriously asking for someone to fill me in on what is so attractive about Doug Pederson all things considered. Thanks. 

EDIT for clarification: I said all of the above knowing that Pederson and Joe Douglas used to work together, but is that reason enough to override how Philly is bombing. I guess I should have just said it that way in the first place.

• Thumb Down 1

17 hours ago, Icer said:

Doug Pederson's got to be on the hot seat, would have to think they run it back next year with a new organizational structure since they invested so much in Wentz

I think this is right. Philly's only hope of trading him would be a Brock Osweiler-type deal where they give up Wentz and a high pick for someone to take on his salary. That would be a bad idea for the Jets, who will be at or near the top of the league in cap space next year. Can't imagine any other team seeing an advantage in making that deal. They'll be locked into Wentz for 2021, so their best move will be to try to revive him - and that will probably involve a new head coach. 

5 hours ago, jetophile said:

I admit my ignorance on the Eagles' infrastructure and what exactly is falling apart over there and why, but why should Jets fans want someone who is blowing pineapple chunks somewhere else to come and blow pineapple chunks over here? Eagles fans are calling for Pederson's head and clamoring for him to be fired; and although most Jets fans didn't want Gase for this very reason (Miami), why should those same Jets fans be swayed by Pederson in a repeat circumstance? I'm seriously asking for someone to fill me in on what is so attractive about Doug Pederson all things considered. Thanks. 

EDIT for clarification: I said all of the above knowing that Pederson and Joe Douglas used to work together, but is that reason enough to override how Philly is bombing. I guess I should have just said it that way in the first place.

It's a combination of things in Philly.  Reich leaving and Roseman calling all the shots were the 2 biggest ones.  Roseman needs to go.  If Pederson goes along with him, fine, but he's on the lower end of reasons why things are failing there.  

Pederson would not be my top choice if he gets let go but he'd absolutely be a candidate I could get behind.

23 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, not sure about that one. 

Wentz has more than three times as many TD passes as Sam does this year. He was also an MVP candidate a few years ago. He's fallen hard, but compare his career numbers to Sam's. 

If we don't get the #1 pick sure Wentz is a decent consideration.  Send the Eagles a middle a round pick

23 hours ago, KRL said:

No way I want Wentz.  He's injury prone, has never proven anything in the
playoffs and his contract is ridiculous.  The best thing that could come
out of PHI is Pederson shaking loose.  Because he would definitely jump to
the top of Douglas list.  Amazing to think we could actually have some
very attractive HC candidates for once:

- Pederson
- Harbaugh
- Cowher
- Campbell
- Daboll (what a job he's done with Allen, I'm shocked)
- Smith

Frank Reich was the strength of that Eagles coaching staff and look at the job he's doing in Indy.  Dude is killing it.  Pederson has been a mess this year.  Amazing how Harbaugh is getting killed for not being a great recruiter in Michigan yet Pederson gets a pass for maybe being a bottom 3 head coach in the NFL this season.

Woody picked Bowles over Reich 5 years ago btw

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The right HC could possibly revitalize his career. 

Definitely not Adam Gase. 

We are getting the #1 pick and Trevor Lawrence. 

Gase is Qb AIDS.  Gase being his coach would be the end of Wentz's career.

The guy can definitely play and he's won in a market similar to NY.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's a combination of things in Philly.  Reich leaving and Roseman calling all the shots were the 2 biggest ones.  Roseman needs to go.  If Pederson goes along with him, fine, but he's on the lower end of reasons why things are failing there.  

Pederson would not be my top choice if he gets let go but he'd absolutely be a candidate I could get behind.

Thanks. I just for once would like a legitimate football mind endorsenent when it comes to the Jets idiot HC/HC candidate(s), who I'm already assuming is an idiot of some sort without even knowing who it's gonna be. : /

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Thanks. I just for once would like a legitimate football mind endorsenent when it comes to the Jets idiot HC/HC candidate(s), who I'm already assuming is an idiot of some sort without even knowing who it's gonna be. : /

Someone with prior HC experience who is far better than Gase intrigues me, so Harbaugh and Pederson are naturally on my list.  Cowher too as a "pipe dream" candidate.

That doesn't mean I'd rule out a young hotshot like Joe Brady (Panthers OC) or Matt Campbell (Iowa St HC), however.  Lots of candidates out there that I can get behind.  

On 12/8/2020 at 4:59 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, if you actually follow the rest of the league you would have known that Wentz was having a MVP season in 2017 before he got hurt. 11-2 record. 33 TDs and only 7ints. He even ran for 300 yards and had very good passer ratings. There was tons of MVP talk and he even got a couple of MVP votes. 

Then he got hurt, Foles took over and got credit in Philly for winning the SB and many in Philly liked Foles better. 

From that point he has been bad. You are acting as if I said that Wentz has been up and down. He has not. He was great as a second  year player which many thought was the start of a great career. 

Why did things fall apart for Wentz? Maybe he wasn't that good to begin with or  may be he is human and being forced to watch his teammates win a SB without him and see the fans turn on him broke his confidence. 

Philly will do that to you.