Will You Ditch The Jets If Gase Is Retained ???

THE BARON

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

If Gase is still the coach in 2021, will you protest by ditching the Jets ???? Perhaps stop watching games, refuse to buy any tickets and or merchandise ??? Even go so far as to drop season tickets ???

I will not watch or buy anything JETS.   I basically am in protest now as we are run by a half retarded trust fund baby.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope. I'll never allow myself to miss Trevor Lawrence's first ever Jet games; Adam Gase just isn't worth it. 

Me and my older brother dating back to my Queens childhood days have watched every Jet game alongside one another over the years dating back to the early 90's. Every Sunday I drive to my brothers home with my wife and daughter and me and my brother watch the Jets together while my wife spends time his wife and my daughter plays with her cousins etc. 

This year? I cancelled plans on my older brother and skipped out on a Jets game. I didn't watch the Jets (on purpose) for the first time I could ever remember. After the game my brother called me over the phone to let me know watching the Jets lose by himself and without me there just wasn't the same for him. I felt guilty. He made me feel bad. 

I made a promise to myself on that day, that I'll never ditch my older brother on a Sunday for Adam Gase... Ever again. 

Trust me when I say. Letting Adam Gase force you to stop watching a team you've loved since childhood days just isn't worth it; we've all suffered too much as Jet fans over the years to quit now because once Adam Gase is gone? We'll still be here (he won't). 

Fk him. 

Well said.

You’re a good brother.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

The outrage would be palpable. 

gasehate.jpg

Yeah, the 8 of you with your Chinese eBay jerseys, your ripped cardboard boxes, your thin magic markers, and your smarmy 1950's slogans are just terrifying a $3.4 billion dollar enterprise right now.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 8

21 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Well said.

You’re a good brother.

Well I lost my dad passed away when I was a small child I don't remember too much about him outside of pictures and faint flashes but my brother was the man who raised me as a father figure so thnx for the compliment but I can't take any credit my older brother is the real MVP. 

I want the Jets to one-day win a SB moreso for him than me in order to celebrate together but long story short win or lose I'll always cherish the memories and enjoy the moments of getting together with that man with BBQ's and Football on Sunday's (a family tradition of ours dating back to the basement of Queens) and I'll never let "Adam Gase" ruin another Sunday of mine. 

I felt guilty missing a Jets game on purpose and promised myself I'll never let Adam Gase run me off again; win or lose or 0-16 he's just not worth it.

Even my mom called me over the phone to call me a sore loser after my brother called her to tattle tale on me letting her know he had to BBQ and watch the Jets lose without me all because I quit on our HC. When my mom called me to tell me my brother told her the truth? I couldn't stop laughing reminded me of the old days 🤣 #SomethingsNeverChange

I guess being a Jets fan goes way beyond wins and loses; it's a family thing for most of us. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, freestater said:

I'm rooting for losses until the genius is shown the door.

Never should've been hired in the first place.

This team has done nothing but regress under his "leadership". 

This ^
How could you possibly root for this wacko. You’d have to be mentally incarcerated.  The guy just eats pepperoni pizza and drinks coffee and sniffs salts for desert.  He’s a bonafide anti-social, delusional misfit.  I knew he was a fraud after 3-4 games in last season.  He had no clue what he was doing or how to deal by with adversity. But noooo. So many on here were backing him up when the Jets rebounded with a 6-2 record in last 8 games.  Yet no one really took into account who we played and how irrelevant those wins were.  And now, we are on our way, hopefully, to 0-16 and getting the 1st pick.  Are the Johnsons really going to let this psycho ruin yet another season and QB? Say it aint so. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, THE BARON said:

If Gase is still the coach in 2021, will you protest by ditching the Jets ???? Perhaps stop watching games, refuse to buy any tickets and or merchandise ??? Even go so far as to drop season tickets ???

I can't change my team, jets for life.

The nfl did enough this year to aggravate me where I have barely watched.  I only watched barely over 1 full game of Jets football this year, Ii gase is retained, I won't watch even that much next year.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

gasehate.jpg

Yeah, the 8 of you with your Chinese eBay jerseys, your ripped cardboard boxes, your thin magic markers, and your smarmy 1950's slogans are just terrifying a $3.4 billion dollar enterprise right now.

SAR I

SAR would’ve mocked the colonists’ fashion choices during the American Revolution. 

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

Ditching a team for butthurt is a move done by a garbage human.

If they kept Gase, i would just not pay attention or watch games until he is canned, but i wouldnt burn my Jets shirts and hats.

If they retain Gase Woody is officially worse than Dolan.  

There is no way to argue otherwise.  I don’t care about the million excuses people make for woody or pretending Tebow over Wilson was somehow Rex Ryan’s idea — it’s over.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Well I lost my dad passed away when I was a small child I don't remember too much about him outside of pictures and faint flashes but my brother was the man who raised me as a father figure so thnx for the compliment but I can't take any credit my older brother is the real MVP. 

I want the Jets to one-day win a SB moreso for him than me in order to celebrate together but long story short win or lose I'll always cherish the memories and enjoy the moments of getting together with that man with BBQ's and Football on Sunday's (a family tradition of ours dating back to the basement of Queens) and I'll never let "Adam Gase" ruin another Sunday of mine. 

I felt guilty missing a Jets game on purpose and promised myself I'll never let Adam Gase run me off again; win or lose or 0-16 he's just not worth it.

Even my mom called me over the phone to call me a sore loser after my brother called her to tattle tale on me letting her know he had to BBQ and watch the Jets lose without me all because I quit on our HC. When my mom called me to tell me my brother told her the truth? I couldn't stop laughing reminded me of the old days 🤣 #SomethingsNeverChange

I guess being a Jets fan goes way beyond wins and loses; it's a family thing for most of us. 

It's nice that you have this with your bro. As I have mentioned here, I grew up with all Giants fans. For me it was more about fighting to keep the channel on the TV tuned to the Jets. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lith said:

In 1969, when I was 7 years old, we won a Super Bowl.  Since then:

• In 1971, Joe Namath blew out his knee in a pre-season game, and I didn't ditch the team.
  • In 1974, Weeb Ewbank hired his son-in-law to be coach.  And I didn't ditch.
  • 1976, Lou Holtz quit the team, but I didn't.
  • 1982, Shula did not cover the field.  But I kept watching.
  • 1986, Gastineau roughed the passer.  I didn't ditch.
  • 1994 and the fake spike leading to a 5 game losing streak to close the season.  I kept watching
  • 1995 & 96.  The Kotiite years.  Yup, I still stuck with them.
  • Doug Brien's two missed FGs in 2004 didn;t stop me from watching
  • No show in the first half in Pitt in 2010.  Didn't stop me either
  • I watched a buttfumble on national TV.  But I didn't go anywhere.
  • IK punched Geno.  Didn't knock me out.
  • Fitz/Revis laid an egg in Buffalo in week 17 in 2015.  But I came back
  • The Maccagnan era and some of the worst draft picks/FA signings in team history did not stop me from watching the team.

I sure hope Adam Gase is gone next season.  But after all I have been through with this team, I am not going anywhere.

I’m right there with ya.  Maybe a little older but I certainly remember all of the highlights.  Honestly, thank goodness for TiVo. I don’t waste my sundays watching when I can be doing other things.  I tape the game and then watch it later.  Of course when the weather starts getting bad the game is more live than not.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Jets are my own personal Bob Wiley and every day is yet another summer day I'm stuck at Lake Winnepesaukee. He's never gone and there is no vacation. If the last ten years didn't convince any of you schmucks to bail then nothing will. We're all in this together and there is no bailing. 

40 Memes That Might Make You Laugh If You Have Crushing Depression

• Upvote 2

If the Johnson's decide to keep Adam Gase as head coach, then the stadium will be empty again but not because of the pandemic. Adan Gase will also ruin another young QB Trevor Lawrence the same way he did with Darnold. If the Johnson's don't see that then they will feel it when no one is in the parking lot or in the stadium. I keep saying it the only thing the Johnson's care about is selling those PSL's , I personally know people who cancelled because they are tired of watching this team and the false promises. Every year they get a phone call to try and get them to buy and it always no. They even had management to talk and he blasted then as well.. 

Demoting or promoting Gase is not the solution to the problem, he will still be there in some capacity hurting the team. The Johnson's have to swallow their pride and fire him!!!!

Guys c'mon ... the reason we love this team so much is because we love the underdog and what that represents. As well ... we love our angst filled fan base. I cannot think of one fan outside of New England that roots for a team because of the Head Coach ... maybe Cowher era Pittsburgh or Shula era Miami.

I follow this team because of time served and because i want to celebrate with you guys when this thing gets turned around. Exclaiming ... i was there through both Kotite and Gase era's by gum and it will make those victorious years that much more tasty.

I know that no one here saying they are done is actually done .. and I love our conflicted fan base of experts.

Gase will be back next year . It has been part of the plan since Joe D arrived. This tank IS orchestrated I promise you. Not for Trevor ... that would be a cherry on top ... the tank was for more draft picks and good positioning. For this reason do not be surprised if Gase AND Darnold are back.

I am hoping we lose out ... but will accept meaningless victories because that is what I am accustomed to.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

11 hours ago, jgb said:

I’ll watch the Panthers

I couldn't do that, but there are lots of really nice golf courses here in NC that demand playing lol...

I had to find a way to watch them when I first moved down here, and going to a sports bar was the only thing at the time, then I learned about reddit, and that kinda went away, and now there's crack, I mean crackstreams lol...  but to be honest GASE is seriously depressing me, so as much as I have always wanted to keep up with the JETS, the last 5 years have been withering away on me not being in NJ. I will give them one more shot next year especially if they fire that LOSER.

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Guys c'mon ... the reason we love this team so much is because we love the underdog and what that represents. As well ... we love our angst filled fan base. I cannot think of one fan outside of New England that roots for a team because of the Head Coach ... maybe Cowher era Pittsburgh or Shula era Miami.

I follow this team because of time served and because i want to celebrate with you guys when this thing gets turned around. Exclaiming ... i was there through both Kotite and Gase era's by gum and it will make those victorious years that much more tasty.

I know that no one here saying they are done is actually done .. and I love our conflicted fan base of experts.

Gase will be back next year . It has been part of the plan since Joe D arrived. This tank IS orchestrated I promise you. Not for Trevor ... that would be a cherry on top ... the tank was for more draft picks and good positioning. For this reason do not be surprised if Gase AND Darnold are back.

I am hoping we lose out ... but will accept meaningless victories because that is what I am accustomed to.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

Love the obscure Johnson reference from Blazing Saddles.  A plus.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

gasehate.jpg

SAR I

That is weird honestly. Think that age group be more creative. 

If we pick Lawrence & Joe Douglas does 75% of what we think he'll do in free agency, and has a great draft, I'll be sitting in front of the TV, beer in hand cheering on the Jets & hoping for miracle rebounds. 

I know it, you know it, every fan here on this site knows it. Just the idea that you come to this site to for info, laughs, petty srguments over this dumpster fire of an organization run by these to boobs, Woody & Chris Johnson makes us all lifers. It's like ground hog day, and we'll be tuning in when Free Agency starts & we'll be checking the TV, our phones & this site during the draft, especially this year with 9 picks & possibly 4 in the 1st 48 picks! 

15 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

I couldn't do that, but there are lots of really nice golf courses here in NC that demand playing lol...

I had to find a way to watch them when I first moved down here, and going to a sports bar was the only thing at the time, then I learned about reddit, and that kinda went away, and now there's crack, I mean crackstreams lol...  but to be honest GASE is seriously depressing me, so as much as I have always wanted to keep up with the JETS, the last 5 years have been withering away on me not being in NJ. I will give them one more shot next year especially if they fire that LOSER.

Where in NC?

Me and my old man spent our weekends first 20 years in Raleigh prowling sports bars to find one with a dish and a free TV to put on the Jets until some fans got together and formed a club with a permanent venue.

When Panthers were formed, by default they become my NFC Team. If Jets bring back this schmuck, I'm tapping out until he is gone. Of course, I think there is basically a 0% chance he is back. 

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Where in NC?

Me and my old man spent our weekends first 20 years in Raleigh prowling sports bars to find one with a dish and a free TV to put on the Jets until some fans got together and formed a club with a permanent venue.

When Panthers were formed, by default they become my NFC Team. If Jets bring this schmuck, I'm tapping out until he is gone.

I live about 20 minutes south of Chapel Hill.... I just retired on Sept 30th 2020 from my job. Spent the last 5 years here because the wife got a promotion from her job up north, and I asked my company if I could work remotely even before Covid was the norm. That is until my company started offering early retirement packages. I only had 2 more years to reach 25 years with the company @ 65 yo, so I decided to take the package instead. 

10 hours ago, Lith said:

In 1969, when I was 7 years old, we won a Super Bowl.  Since then:

• In 1971, Joe Namath blew out his knee in a pre-season game, and I didn't ditch the team.
  • In 1974, Weeb Ewbank hired his son-in-law to be coach.  And I didn't ditch.
  • 1976, Lou Holtz quit the team, but I didn't.
  • 1982, Shula did not cover the field.  But I kept watching.
  • 1986, Gastineau roughed the passer.  I didn't ditch.
  • 1994 and the fake spike leading to a 5 game losing streak to close the season.  I kept watching
  • 1995 & 96.  The Kotiite years.  Yup, I still stuck with them.
  • Doug Brien's two missed FGs in 2004 didn;t stop me from watching
  • No show in the first half in Pitt in 2010.  Didn't stop me either
  • I watched a buttfumble on national TV.  But I didn't go anywhere.
  • IK punched Geno.  Didn't knock me out.
  • Fitz/Revis laid an egg in Buffalo in week 17 in 2015.  But I came back
  • The Maccagnan era and some of the worst draft picks/FA signings in team history did not stop me from watching the team.

I sure hope Adam Gase is gone next season.  But after all I have been through with this team, I am not going anywhere.

Im with you, bullet point to bullet point,  I have to add 1986.  We started off 10-0 and while on our way to the SB we then went 0-6.  Lost the bye, lost home field throughout the playoffs, leading to  Gastineaus roughing the passer game in Cleveland.  And then having to watch the Giants win the friggen SB.

Unfortunately I was taught and held onto the idea that if you quit rooting for a team for another team, you never really were a fan.

I've lived through a really bad time with kidney failure, lived life through dialysis, beaten kidney cancer 11 years ago.  Had it show up again, discovered through a workup for a kidney transplant in 2014, beat cancer again by 2015.  Lived through COVID-19 as a at risk, compromised 62 year old on dialysis and am still kicking after all of these setbacks and obstacles, I can survive anything.  Just might not make it through another season of Gase 

• Like 1