Will You Ditch The Jets If Gase Is Retained ???

THE BARON

9 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'll always be a fan of the Jets. I'm a New Yorker and I'm New York tough. I love the Jets, Mets, Knicks, and all of my fellow fans I enjoy commiserating with during the lean years. Not everyone is wired to stick around when a franchise is just an absolute dumpster fire, and there is nothing wrong with that. When the Jets start winning, the front runner fans will come back. They always do. The Jets will even gain fans from afar in other states who love to be a fan of a successful team. It's not rocket science, you win on the field, and the fans will come in droves.

There are no front runner Jets fans. I don't see people saying they'll turn their backs on the Jets. What I'm seeing is some of us may decide there is a better way to spend 3 hours every Sunday than watch this absolute jackalope fart all over the franchise we love.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

If they retain Gase Woody is officially worse than Dolan.  

There is no way to argue otherwise.  I don’t care about the million excuses people make for woody or pretending Tebow over Wilson was somehow Rex Ryan’s idea — it’s over.

Woody is totally worthless.  He is ungodly rich solely because of whose nut sack he was emitted from, not because of any achievement of his own.

Jets are a mess, like his family.  Hiring Gase is pretty much as bad as raising a daughter so out of her mind on drugs she got engaged to Tila Tequila.

All you can do is cross yer fingers that Douglas is the right guy, because if he is, Woody wont have to make an important decision for 10-15yrs.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

There are no front runner Jets fans. I don't see people saying they'll turn their backs on the Jets. What I'm seeing is some of us may decide there is a better way to spend 3 hours every Sunday that watch this absolutely jackalope fart all over the franchise we love.

You're right, nobody is a front runner posting here. Most front runner fans don't come until the team is winning. Everyone has them. They come out of the woodwork every time the team starts winning. 

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

You're right, nobody is a front runner posting here. Most front runner fans don't come until the team is winning. Everyone has them. They come out of the woodwork every time the team starts winning. 

I was a frontrunner when I was 15.  That was 51 years ago.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

Woody is totally worthless.  He is ungodly rich solely because of whose nut sack he was emitted from, not because of any achievement of his own.

Jets are a mess, like his family.  Hiring Gase is pretty much as bad as raising a daughter so out of her mind on drugs she got engaged to Tila Tequila.

All you can do is cross yer fingers that Douglas is the right guy, because if he is, Woody wont have to make an important decision for 10-15yrs.

I wish Biden would offer both Johnson bros diplomatic posts.

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

If Jets listened to SOJF's we'd be much better off. The Johnsons are league-worst in failing quickly. I suspect this is because the Johnsons don't want to pay for multiple failures to be on the books at the same time. Where the Giants and even the Browns kick the dog out of the yard as soon as they know it's a bad dog.

The Jets have tried it your way for 50 years and it doesn't work.  You can't become a model franchise like the Steelers or Ravens if you are constantly knee-jerking to fan pressure and firing head coaches and GM's at such a fast pace.  This team's dysfunction can't go away until your impatience goes away. 

You SOJF's don't have the stomach for a franchise-changing rebuild and so the Jets bail on it every time.  It's not hard to go 8-8 next year, we can buy a whole bunch of old players.  The idea isn't to have another Fitzpatrick one-and-done season.  It's to be consistently in the playoff conversation for a decade.  The first year isn't easy.  The second year is even harder.  This is what you wanted.  Enjoy.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets have tried it your way for 50 years and it doesn't work.  You can't become a model franchise like the Steelers or Ravens if you are constantly knee-jerking to fan pressure and firing head coaches and GM's at such a fast pace.  This team's dysfunction can't go away until your impatience goes away. 

You SOJF's don't have the stomach for a franchise-changing rebuild and so the Jets bail on it every time.  It's not hard to go 8-8 next year, we can buy a whole bunch of old players.  The idea isn't to have another Fitzpatrick one-and-done season.  It's to be consistently in the playoff conversation for a decade.  The first year isn't easy.  The second year is even harder.  This is what you wanted.  Enjoy.

SAR I

Wrong. Correlation is not causation. Hiring the right GM/HCs in the first place is what leads to success, not how long you keep them.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Well, for starters, those two great organizations would never hire a complete incompetent like Gase. Would never even be a blip on their radar.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

Wrong. Correlation is not causation. Hiring the right GM/HCs in the first place is what leads to success, not how long you keep them.

Certainly, but the Jets problem is that we haven't reset in decades.  We haven't had a GM and HC hired simultaneously and completely on the same page since Parcells handled it all himself. 

And now that we finally have that, we cannot fire the HC after 1 draft and 1 free agent period with the GM.  And, making it worse, without them having their QB, a guy they wanted, not someone else's guy they inherited.

And that's what you're lobbying for.  And that's asinine.  That's SOJF mentality all over again.  It's plainly obvious that the problem this team has is a decade of sh-t drafting and that we are in the middle of a complete tear-down.  What we need in a head coach right now is patience and professionalism, something his fanbase should be demonstrating as well.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, GKnight83 said:

I have already done all the above.  However, there is no way I am going to drop the Jets because of one coach.  I lived through the idiot Rex and I will live through this too.

I liked Rex... Two AFC Champ Games with one of the worst QB's in the league and then 8-8 with quite possibly, the worst roster in Jets history... Gase is not only an easy guy to dislike, he is one of the worst performing NFL HC's in history

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Well, for starters, those two great organizations would never hire a complete incompetent like Gase. Would never even be a blip on their radar.

The Jets head coaching job is the worst in all of professional sports.  Selfish, impatient, entitled fans.  Vicious clickbait media.  Dysfunctional front office.  The worst roster in the NFL.  Players trying to force their way out.  Players opting-out.  Players using Florham Park as a retirement fund.  A bust franchise quarterback.  Second-fiddle to another team in the same city.  All of this taking place in the biggest market in the country.

The reason we have a disliked Dolphins retread and an Eagles scout in his Huggies running this organization is because no one of any merit wants to be here.  In order to be a team that coaching and GM talent wants to flock to you have to start by bringing in the best guys you can and give them time to do the job you hired them to do. 

Douglas and Gase aren't here to win games, not yet.  They are here to correct 50 years of cultural dysfunction and 10 years of horrific roster mismanagement.  That takes more than a year.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3

39 minutes ago, jgb said:

There are no front runner Jets fans. I don't see people saying they'll turn their backs on the Jets. What I'm seeing is some of us may decide there is a better way to spend 3 hours every Sunday than watch this absolute jackalope fart all over the franchise we love.

Yup....

Used to love watching the Knicks. Their ineptitude has not only made me tune out but has made me tune out to the NBA altogether.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

The Jets head coaching job is the worst in all of professional sports.  Selfish, impatient, entitled fans.  Vicious clickbait media.  Dysfunctional front office.  The worst roster in the NFL.  Players trying to force their way out.  Players opting-out.  Players using Florham Park as a retirement fund.  A bust franchise quarterback.  Second-fiddle to another team in the same city.  All of this taking place in the biggest market in the country.

The reason we have a disliked Dolphins retread and an Eagles scout in his Huggies running this organization is because no one of any merit wants to be here.  In order to be a team that coaching and GM talent wants to flock to you have to start by bringing in the best guys you can and give them time to do the job you hired them to do. 

Douglas and Gase aren't here to win games, not yet.  They are here to correct 50 years of cultural dysfunction and 10 years of horrific roster mismanagement.  That takes more than a year.

SAR I

LOL. You are the best at what you do.

I'm not sure what it is exactly, but you are doing it on another level!

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I don't know.  I feel like that might break me as a fan, honestly.  But so much time invested, who knows.

A combo of Gase back (and losing, and mismanaging, etc). and a rising Washington Team with a cool new name and logo and maybe even colors....and maybe an end to COVID so I could go to a local game?  Maybe if all that came to pass, I might wind up moving on.

But I doubt it.  We'll see.  Gase being back would be bad IMO.

I have the PERFECT new team name, colors and logo for Washington.  If only Dan S. would read this board.

1. Name - Washington FEDERALS

2. Colors - Union Blue & Gold (some red accents)

3. Colors for Jersey - Union Blue ( same dark blue as Union Civil war uniform).  Stripes would be gold and or red and or light blue or aesthetic combination of the three. 

4. Pants - Light blue like union Civil war uniform.  Can have dark blue or red stripe or dark blue stripe with thin red outlines.

5. Helmet - Dark Union Blue with metallic gold stripes.  Possibly metallic gold stripes with thin red outlines along stripes

6. Helmet logo. Metallic gold Union eagle. or gold crossed swords. 

7. Face mask- light gray with slight blue cast. 

What a perfect way to go from an offensive and racist symbol to paying homage to Washington's legacy of union, civil liberties, emancipation, freedom and weapons that go "boom".  

And that uniform would look so manly... No one in the NFL has blue an gold yet.  

They could also have a battery of cannons lined up (Tampa Pirate Ship, NE Patriots with muskets) to fire off when they score... That would be fun.  Not so sure the Cowboys, Falcons and other southern teams would be happy with that... But... Well.. They lost the war... LOLZ

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Lith said:

In 1969, when I was 7 years old, we won a Super Bowl.  Since then:

• In 1971, Joe Namath blew out his knee in a pre-season game, and I didn't ditch the team.
  • In 1974, Weeb Ewbank hired his son-in-law to be coach.  And I didn't ditch.
  • 1976, Lou Holtz quit the team, but I didn't.
  • 1982, Shula did not cover the field.  But I kept watching.
  • 1986, Gastineau roughed the passer.  I didn't ditch.
  • 1994 and the fake spike leading to a 5 game losing streak to close the season.  I kept watching
  • 1995 & 96.  The Kotiite years.  Yup, I still stuck with them.
  • Doug Brien's two missed FGs in 2004 didn;t stop me from watching
  • No show in the first half in Pitt in 2010.  Didn't stop me either
  • I watched a buttfumble on national TV.  But I didn't go anywhere.
  • IK punched Geno.  Didn't knock me out.
  • Fitz/Revis laid an egg in Buffalo in week 17 in 2015.  But I came back
  • The Maccagnan era and some of the worst draft picks/FA signings in team history did not stop me from watching the team.

I sure hope Adam Gase is gone next season.  But after all I have been through with this team, I am not going anywhere.

I shoulda jumped ship after they won the Super Bowl.  I’m such a dope. The following season on opening day - Monday Night Football premiere no less- the kick is returned for a TD to start the game. It’s been downhill since. 

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I would very likely end up being banned from this site sooner than later and that would take care of me.

No doubt, that I would be banned as well for use of language not appropriate for anyone of any age. I live in Tennessee now and the Titans are looking pretty good to me. I switch between the Jets and Titans until the Jets are hopelessly out of a game - usually by the third period. So if a numbskull like Adam Gase is retained after an 0-16 season, then YES indeed I would drop the Jets after following them since 1968. I will have had enough of this never ending rebuild.

59 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

This. If the Jets ever become a 10+ win playoff team again, watch for all the new accounts on JN. 

55 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

What drugs are you on? The majority of people posting on this board regularly have been sitting through a franchise changing rebuild for 10 years!

When your man crush is fired the day after the Jets lose to the Pats it won't be because of fan pressure, it'll be because Gase has been nothing short of completely and disastrously inept since DAY 1 and destroyed whatever potential there was in the young QB we have been counting on to finally bring some stability and success to the position. 

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Certainly, but the Jets problem is that we haven't reset in decades.  We haven't had a GM and HC hired simultaneously and completely on the same page since Parcells handled it all himself. 

And now that we finally have that, we cannot fire the HC after 1 draft and 1 free agent period with the GM.  And, making it worse, without them having their QB, a guy they wanted, not someone else's guy they inherited.

And that's what you're lobbying for.  And that's asinine.  That's SOJF mentality all over again.  It's plainly obvious that the problem this team has is a decade of sh-t drafting and that we are in the middle of a complete tear-down.  What we need in a head coach right now is patience and professionalism, something his fanbase should be demonstrating as well.

SAR I

SAR thinks it's insane to want to be rid of the worst QB and HC in the league. I'm on the right track.

16 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

I would actually take old Joe back at this point sad to say with the way this team has been run the past 2 seasons.

I'd just love to see a Jets team with equivalents (at least) to the O'Brien, Toon, Walker, Shuler, McNeil, Hector + Sack Exchange/Kyle Clifton Jets of 1985/1986.

Yeah, no Super Bowl.  But compared to most of the subsequent 35 years, they were MUCH more fun to watch.

A high-flying Offensive-focused NY Jets.....man, would that be cool.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'd just love to see a Jets team with equivalents (at least) to the O'Brien, Toon, Walker, Shuler, McNeil, Hector + Sack Exchange/Kyle Clifton Jets of 1985/1986.

Yeah, no Super Bowl.  But compared to most of the subsequent 35 years, they were MUCH more fun to watch.

A high-flying Offensive-focused NY Jets.....man, would that be cool.

Agreed that team in 85-86 was fun as hell. Granted we didn't win the SB but damn we were smash mouth  football and had a top five offense those were the days!!! Side note i think Mims has some Toon in him strong WR that creates a ton of space and separation..

47 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

You obviously haven't seen the Rams or Chargers.

No.  They aint UNION blue and METALLIC gold.  Current Rams colors are medium blue and yellow.  Even their older metallic helmet was blue and antique brass.  Not gold.  Chargers are blue and yellow. 

THIS... is blue and gold

Ya dig ???

hc-m061_hardee-hat_ordnance_officer_l.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Im with you, bullet point to bullet point,  I have to add 1986.  We started off 10-0 and while on our way to the SB we then went 0-6.  Lost the bye, lost home field throughout the playoffs, leading to  Gastineaus roughing the passer game in Cleveland.  And then having to watch the Giants win the friggen SB.

Unfortunately I was taught and held onto the idea that if you quit rooting for a team for another team, you never really were a fan.

I've lived through a really bad time with kidney failure, lived life through dialysis, beaten kidney cancer 11 years ago.  Had it show up again, discovered through a workup for a kidney transplant in 2014, beat cancer again by 2015.  Lived through COVID-19 as a at risk, compromised 62 year old on dialysis and am still kicking after all of these setbacks and obstacles, I can survive anything.  Just might not make it through another season of Gase 

Glad to hear you are doing well.  And thanks for helping keep things in persepctive.  As frustrated as we may get with our team, sports are still a diversion from the things that really matter in life.

• Sympathy 1

I follow the team obviously, but I have way more apathy about the team nowadays. I haven’t felt like they were super bowl contenders since 2010 and haven’t really expected winning results since maybe Bowles’s first year. 

Gase was such a nightmare hire and the signs were all there and blatantly ignored, so i never expected that to go well. 

I’m actually optimistic now that we are actually targeting athletes in the draft and aren’t getting fleeced in trades and negotiations, but the spectre of the Johnsons’ idiocy always weighs on everything.