Will You Ditch The Jets If Gase Is Retained ???

THE BARON

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I am not going anywhere.  Even if Gase is back.  Part of what I really enjoy about football season is the chance to spend time with friends/family going to games, watching games together.  I am an out of town fan.  I enjoy hanging out with other displaced NYers living in Chicago area to watch games in a local bar that hosts Jet fans every Sunday.  I usually travel to two games a year, one with my son and one with friends.  Pick a road trip and spend a weekend on the road to see the Jets.

That has been taken away this year and I have missed it.  Next season, I hope to be back at the bar watching every Sunday wtih a couple dozen Jet fans.  Back on the road a copuple of times during the year supporting my team.  Gase or no Gase.  

• Upvote 2

If the impossible happens and Gase is somehow retained, no, I will not watch the Jets in any capacity until he’s gone.  I’m not going to let this organization try and sell me on the idea that Adam Gase gives us a competitive chance to win a Super Bowl.

I’ve already done this once with the Knicks.  I have zero issues doing it again.

• Upvote 1

Season tickets 30 + years.  Would sting to walk away but enough is freaking enough.  Send a thoughtful letter to the Johnson Brothers thanking them for forcing me to finally rip the band aid off, saving me $7500, and freeing up some of my Sundays.  Tell them to give me a call when Gase is terminated.  Absolute worst hire ever starting with his 40 second bug-eyed press conference. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets head coaching job is the worst in all of professional sports.  Selfish, impatient, entitled fans.  Vicious clickbait media.  Dysfunctional front office.  The worst roster in the NFL.  Players trying to force their way out.  Players opting-out.  Players using Florham Park as a retirement fund.  A bust franchise quarterback.  Second-fiddle to another team in the same city.  All of this taking place in the biggest market in the country.

The reason we have a disliked Dolphins retread and an Eagles scout in his Huggies running this organization is because no one of any merit wants to be here.  In order to be a team that coaching and GM talent wants to flock to you have to start by bringing in the best guys you can and give them time to do the job you hired them to do. 

Douglas and Gase aren't here to win games, not yet.  They are here to correct 50 years of cultural dysfunction and 10 years of horrific roster mismanagement.  That takes more than a year.

SAR I

Gase could turn the 72 Dolphins into a 5win team. He is horrific, and you know it.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

Gase could turn the 72 Dolphins into a 5win team. He is horrific, and you know it.

Gase took a dreadful Dolphins team to 10-6.

Gase took a dreadful Jets team to 6-2.

That's not horrific.  We've seen horiffic.  That ain't it.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, peebag said:

Lol, this team hasn't won anything of note in over 50 years.

try harder SAR I

While the Jets are by no means a great NFL franchise, just to put it in perspective, since 1995 the Jets have had 14 non-losing seasons, 11 winning seasons, appeared in 14 playoff games, and have 7 playoff wins.

Half of the seasons in the last 25 years we are .500 or better.  A quarter of the seasons the last 25 years we make the playoffs.  Compare that to teams like the Bills since Kelly and the Dolphins since Marino, we look positively dominant.

Thing is, we're not even close to the worst franchise in the NFL in the last 25 years.  We're somewhere in the middle.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

While the Jets are by no means a great NFL franchise, just to put it in perspective, since 1995 the Jets have had 14 non-losing seasons, 11 winning seasons, appeared in 14 playoff games, and have 7 playoff wins.

Half of the seasons in the last 25 years we are .500 or better.  A quarter of the seasons the last 25 years we make the playoffs.  Compare that to teams like the Bills since Kelly and the Dolphins since Marino, we look positively dominant.

Thing is, we're not even close to the worst franchise in the NFL in the last 25 years.  We're somewhere in the middle.

SAR I

Nope.  You haven't won a super bowl in the last 25 years and just like you said yesterday, the only team that matters is the one that wins the superbowl, the rest are all exactly the same.  losers.  The jet's are the same as the bills, lions, browns, and a host of other teams who haven't won a superbowl in the last 25 years.  goooooooooooo jets.   JETS JETS JETS!!  WE READY BOYS!!!  WE GUNNIN' FOR THAT ELUSIVE FIRST WIN YALL!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

What drugs are you on? The majority of people posting on this board regularly have been sitting through a franchise changing rebuild for 10 years!

If you plot out on a graph the GM's, the head coaches, and the quarterbacks, you'd be hard pressed to find any overlap beyond 2-3 years with any of them.  It's a revolving door.  Pete Carroll suffers the Fake Spike and fans demand vengeance on the young coach.  Parcells drafts Pennington, quits, and now he's Herm Edwards problem after Testaverde drives Groh out of town.  Mangini is running the show and Brett Favre is forced on him, fans don't understand that Favre is injured, they demand Mangini's head after a December collapse.  Terry Bradway isn't the GM but he's not fired either.  Sanchez starts out with Tannenbaum and Schottenheimer and you blink your eyes and he's got Idzik and Sporano.  Darnold gets here, the prized possession of Maccagnan, and he's let go after Bowles is fired first.

These aren't actual rebuilds.  These are retools, these are the Johnson's trying to appease weepy Jets fans instead of picking a GM and HC pairing, letting them pick their own franchise quarterback, and giving them the time that's needed to clean out the culture of the prior coach and clean up the financial mistakes of the prior GM.

This time, I pray, we are doing it the right way.  Finally.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

Nope.  You haven't won a super bowl in the last 25 years and just like you said yesterday, the only team that matters is the one that wins the superbowl, the rest are all exactly the same.  losers.  The jet's are the same as the bills, lions, browns, and a host of other teams who haven't won a superbowl in the last 25 years.  goooooooooooo jets.   JETS JETS JETS!!  WE READY BOYS!!!  WE GUNNIN' FOR THAT ELUSIVE FIRST WIN YALL!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Those are the rules for a specific season.  Looking at a specific decade or series of decades, different story.

You haven't won a playoff game in 25 years while the Jets have won 7.   Shhhh.  You can puff your chest after you experience the first playoff win of your life (like that's ever going to happen, LOL).

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I mean, I could easily do a google search to find that and post it as if to prove you wrong, but why play this little game? What’s the point of this? To prove that you’re an older guy and I’m a younger guy?

My post was just to point out the blatantly disparate comparison of “living through” Rex and Gase. 

My point is you have your opinion and I have mine.  In my opinion, Rex has never done anything.  Marvin Lewis and Mike Nolan took Ozzie's draft picks and made the Ravens.

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Those are the rules for a specific season.  Looking at a specific decade or series of decades, different story.

You haven't won a playoff game in 25 years while the Jets have won 7.   Shhhh.  You can puff your chest after you experience the first playoff win of your life (like that's ever going to happen, LOL).

SAR I

hahahahah...look at you sputtering and taking back what you said yesterday.   J E T S SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!!  ENJOY the rest of the season!!  BTW, I think you need a diaper change.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

forgot to mention, during my lifetime I've experienced 12 playoff wins.  Just to set the record straight.  Trust the process!!  hahahah

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

If the impossible happens and Gase is somehow retained, no, I will not watch the Jets in any capacity until he’s gone.  I’m not going to let this organization try and sell me on the idea that Adam Gase gives us a competitive chance to win a Super Bowl.

I’ve already done this once with the Knicks.  I have zero issues doing it again.

jumped ship a few years back on the knicks and my season tickets-I liked woody as a coach and they played hard for him-once Phil came in I started to bail...

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase took a dreadful Dolphins team to 10-6.

Gase took a dreadful Jets team to 6-2.

That's not horrific.  We've seen horiffic.  That ain't it.

SAR I

Hey if you only include Dick Kotite's coaching record in Philly he was actually a really good NFL Head Coach

• Upvote 1

I expect he will be back and I expect I'll spend next year a lot like this one. Mildly interested in the preseason to see how the rookies develop and how the QB is doing, watch the first few games before realizing I have better things to do and then casually eyeball the score to see where we will draft the following year. 

No but I would be really really upset and disillusioned. I still think it is 50/50 the Johnsons are stupid enough to retain Gase. An owner has to admit to his own failure if he fires the HC, and our owners are VERY reluctant to do it. Both Rex and Bowles lasted a year longer than they should have. Gase is politically savvy and could convince them that he just needs new coaches and better offensive players to turn it around.

• WTF? 1

37 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If you plot out on a graph the GM's, the head coaches, and the quarterbacks, you'd be hard pressed to find any overlap beyond 2-3 years with any of them.  It's a revolving door.  Pete Carroll suffers the Fake Spike and fans demand vengeance on the young coach.  Parcells drafts Pennington, quits, and now he's Herm Edwards problem after Testaverde drives Groh out of town.  Mangini is running the show and Brett Favre is forced on him, fans don't understand that Favre is injured, they demand Mangini's head after a December collapse.  Terry Bradway isn't the GM but he's not fired either.  Sanchez starts out with Tannenbaum and Schottenheimer and you blink your eyes and he's got Idzik and Sporano.  Darnold gets here, the prized possession of Maccagnan, and he's let go after Bowles is fired first.

These aren't actual rebuilds.  These are retools, these are the Johnson's trying to appease weepy Jets fans instead of picking a GM and HC pairing, letting them pick their own franchise quarterback, and giving them the time that's needed to clean out the culture of the prior coach and clean up the financial mistakes of the prior GM.

This time, I pray, we are doing it the right way.  Finally.

SAR I

What does SAR call a failed rebuild? A mere retool!

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Great now we have opposing teams fans here arguing with SOR I. 

And I find myself agreeing with the interloper.

I used to watch every NFL game that was on the air.  Some of them twice. LOL

Outside of the Jets, I haven't watched any NFL games since 2017.

If the Jets screw up the tank, and screw up their next HC again, they may fall into the Knicks/NBA area.   I honestly can't name a single NBA player.   

I'll still have the Rangers and the future looks bright for them at the moment.  Sports aren't what it used to be,  WAAAAY to many drama queens

38 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

hahahahah...look at you sputtering and taking back what you said yesterday.   J E T S SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!!  ENJOY the rest of the season!!  BTW, I think you need a diaper change.

You haven't won a playoff game since your mom was in junior high school.  Shhhh.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You haven't won a playoff game since your mom was in junior high school.  Shhhh.

SAR 

Gosh!!  Once again I have to set the record straight.  The last time the Bills won a playoff game, my mom was probably 40-45 years old.  

Next!!  bring it bitch.  I'm here all day.  Ready for that diaper change now?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

Gosh!!  Once again I have to set the record straight.  The last time the Bills won a playoff game, my mom was probably 40-45 years old.  

Next!!  bring it bitch.  I'm here all day.  Ready for that diaper change now?

You don't have a quarterback and you haven't won a playoff game since 1995.  Shhhh.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You don't have a quarterback and you haven't won a playoff game since 1995.  Shhhh.

SAR I

hmmm...seems like you've mentioned this multiple times over the last several days.  You are just like my parrot, regurgitating the same sh*t over and over again.  So let me see if I can be just like you:  My QB is 3rd right now in Vegas odds of winning NFL MVP this year.  Your QB is already a BUST. Your team is the only team in football without a win this year, has the worst head coach in the entire NFL, and is poised to be the doormat of the AFC East for the next 10 years at least.  Enjoy!!!!  Want to skip that diaper change and go straight to nap time?

1 minute ago, RocketBills said:

hmmm...seems like you've mentioned this multiple times over the last several days.  You are just like my parrot, regurgitating the same sh*t over and over again.  So let me see if I can be just like you:  My QB is 3rd right now in Vegas odds of winning NFL MVP this year.  Your QB is already a BUST. Your team is the only team in football without a win this year, has the worst head coach in the entire NFL, and is poised to be the doormat of the AFC East for the next 10 years at least.  Enjoy!!!!  Want to skip that diaper change and go straight to nap time?

Your insecurity is telling.  Most fans of contending teams are content and the last thing they want to do is trawl enemy forums looking for respect.  But you know the truth.  You know what lies ahead.  McDermott unprepared.  Allen choking.  Moss fumbling.  Bass wide right.  The Browns humiliating you in Orchard Park.  The Browns, of all teams.

Win a playoff game.  Then you can puff your chest.  Until then, shhhh.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Your insecurity is telling.  Most fans of contending teams are content and the last thing they want to do is trawl enemy forums looking for respect.  But you know the truth.  You know what lies ahead.  McDermott unprepared.  Allen choking.  Moss fumbling.  Bass wide right.  The Browns humiliating you in Orchard Park.  The Browns, of all teams.

Win a playoff game.  Then you can puff your chest.  Until then, shhhh.

SAR I

ROTFLMAO!!!!  looking for respect?  No.  I'm just having fun riling you up.  And you continue to respond to me so I know it's working.  The best part is watching the 99% of posters on this board call you out on your bullsh*t.  You're the family member no one wants over for Thanksgiving dinner.  

Moss fumbling?  ummm...a rookie fumbling the football...geez, that's never happened before.  hahahahaha, you are really searching for new content now and failing miserably.  I own you.  Keep crying, your tears quench my thirst!!  #owned