Will You Ditch The Jets If Gase Is Retained ???

THE BARON

On my phone app, our 0-12 team has generated 11 pages of replies to the “would you watch” query in the middle of the week.

Truthfully, if you are still here you’re in it for the long hall. Just admit that you are just as stupid as me and will continue that trend so long as you draw breath. FML.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

So if you want to stay here, drop the personal attacks. Diaper change, cursing. Not allowed here.

This will be the only time this is mentioned. If you would like to actually talk football, beyond the jets suck, have at it.

If name calling is all you are in for, it just takes one click to make it stop. Your call.

Diaper change is enough to get someone banned on this site?  Noted.

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Ok lol.

Looks like you reporting me 6 times was enough to get my wrist slapped.  I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. The Jets are trying their best even if they are winless and they'll eventually get a franchise QB even if it takes 20 years.  Keep your chin up and keep grinding!

13 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I’ve already reported you like 6 times in this thread alone lol, it would probably be easy money for me, but again, I don’t care enough to bet 50 bucks on it.

I’m hoping for 0-16 and Lawrence, but thanks for the well wishes!

Good morning! Good call not taking that bet.  Hope you have a great time Christmas shopping with Sar today!

18 minutes ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

Who has the right to say who is loyal and who is not? You are loyal because you have season tickets and other people do not? What defines loyalty? 

There is no definition of loyalty that will suffice, trying to come to that definition will just cause us to argue needlessly.

One might tend to think is that those trying to get a coach fired after his 4th game and continuing to rip him to shreds every time he sneezes aren't as supportive of the franchise as they should be.  This is a long rebuild.  No quick fixes.  And this season is the darkest hour, when the already-weak roster is depleted by injury, opt-outs, trades, and releases and the young replacements haven't risen up to offset the fire-sale, nor should they be expected to.

Next year Gase will have a much better roster and, God willing, an end to the ridiculous amount of injuries.  We can judge him then.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is no definition of loyalty that will suffice, trying to come to that definition will just cause us to argue needlessly.

One might tend to think is that those trying to get a coach fired after his 4th game and continuing to rip him to shreds every time he sneezes aren't as supportive of the franchise as they should be.  This is a long rebuild.  No quick fixes.  And this season is the darkest hour, when the already-weak roster is depleted by injury, opt-outs, trades, and releases and the young replacements haven't risen up to offset the fire-sale, nor should they be expected to.

Next year Gase will have a much better roster and, God willing, an end to the ridiculous amount of injuries.  We can judge him then.

SAR I

Definitely not trying to argue, just trying to get an understanding from a different point of view. I think everyone is wanting him gone is due to his play calling and his history. Where is his fire? We need a coach that shows emotion, and i dont think he is capable of that.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

Definitely not trying to argue, just trying to get an understanding from a different point of view. I think everyone is wanting him gone is due to his play calling and his history. Where is his fire? We need a coach that shows emotion, and i dont think he is capable of that.

Not every great coach is a rah-rah sideline prancer like Cowher, Gruden, or Carroll.  While that type of showboating on the sidelines is entertaining, it's not necessary.  See Lombardi, Shula, Walsh, or Belichick.

I think Jets fans love the show.  They loved the Parcells press conferences, they loved the Ryan press conferences, lots of fun, hugely entertaining.  I believe that if Adam Gase had Pete Carroll's personality he would be loved by Jets fans even here at 0-12.  Because they'd see his energy and enthusiasm and give him credit for the fact that this crappy team is giving 200% effort and is bought-in to the culture change.  How the young draftees are checking well, how Becton and Mims look like the real deal.  

They ignore everything good he's done here and hate him because his googly-eyed introductory press conference embarrassed them just like the Buttfumble, the Fake Spike, and the Mud Bowl did in year's before.  Jets fans are sad-sacks, they allow themselves to feel like the little brother and have no tolerance for being picked on by Giants fans.  And they often rise up and force our owner to do something stupid.  Not this time.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Not every great coach is a rah-rah sideline prancer like Cowher, Gruden, or Carroll.  While that type of showboating on the sidelines is entertaining, it's not necessary.  See Lombardi, Shula, Walsh, or Belichick.

I think Jets fans love the show.  They loved the Parcells press conferences, they loved the Ryan press conferences, lots of fun, hugely entertaining.  I believe that if Adam Gase had Pete Carroll's personality he would be loved by Jets fans even here at 0-12.  Because they'd see his energy and enthusiasm and give him credit for the fact that this crappy team is giving 200% effort and is bought-in to the culture change. 

They ignore everything good he's done here and hate him because his googly-eyed introductory press conference embarrassed them just like the Buttfumble, the Fake Spike, and the Mud Bowl did in year's before.  Jets fans are sad-sacks, they allow themselves to feel like the little brother and have no tolerance for being picked on by Giants fans.  And they often rise up and force our owner to do something stupid.  Not this time.

SAR I

Me personally, i want wins, respectability, and not to be in the news as a laughingstock.

14 minutes ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

Me personally, i want wins, respectability, and not to be in the news as a laughingstock.

The media mistreats Gase to pander to Eeyore Jets fans, it's an industry unto itself.  The only reason you feel like a laughingstock is because the media is making you feel that way. 

What the Jets are doing now is brave and admirable, they are trying to rebuild the right way, to go down the path of the Ravens and Steelers.  To do that, we need to suck hard this year.  What's important is that we don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.  Gase is holding this team together.  He is tough as nails.  He does not falter.  He is persevering.  Gase isn't quitting on us so we shouldn't quit on him.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

The media mistreats Gase to pander to Eeyore Jets fans, it's an industry unto itself.

The only reason you feel like a laughingstock is because the media is making you feel that way.  What the Jets are doing now is brave and admirable, they are trying to rebuild the right way, to go down the path of the Ravens and Steelers.  To do that, we need to suck hard this year.  What's important is that we don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.  Gase is holding this team together.  He is tough as nails.  He does not falter.  He is persevering.  Gase isn't quitting on us so we shouldn't quit on him.

SAR I

I cant speak for anyone else, but its also being embarrassed to other fans. When Bills fans start saying the feel sorry for Jets fans then you know its pretty bad.

• Sympathy 1