Dez Caught It

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Why the hell are they testing people during the warmup.  Why would people not all be tested the morning of a game. 

BALTIMORE -- Ravens wide receiver Dez Bryant surprisingly announced that he has tested positive for COVID-19 just 30 minutes before his much-anticipated reunion with the Dallas Cowboys on Tuesday night.

"Tell me why they pull me from warming up so I can go get tested," Bryant posted on Twitter. "... I tested positive for Covid.

"The crazy thing is i have the same damn routine. ... this s--- do not make sense to me."

According to the NFL, Bryant's PCR test Tuesday morning was inconclusive, as was the rerun of the test. The lab is in Maryland, so that's why the results came back on Tuesday evening.

The subsequent point-of-contact PCR test at the stadium was positive and Bryant was removed, as per NFL protocol.

The NFL and NFLPA are not worried about close contacts with Bryant, sources told ESPN, because the Ravens have been operating under exceedingly strict protocols for the past two weeks, effectively eliminating the possibility of close contacts.

Bryant said he would not return this season.

"Yea I'm going to go ahead and call it a quit for the rest of the season," Bryant posted on Twitter. "... I can't deal with this."

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Bruh, Chris Hogan got 75 yards in one game that one time.  Dez wishes he could beast like that!

Talk about a star that fizzled out and vanished off the NFL planet. WTF happened to this dude? He was on his way to a HOF career.  Really SAD to see such great players lose their way. 

So he doesn't have Covid?

I just got a call from the lab. I also don't have Covid. Son tested positive so we all had to get tested. Seems like everyone else is good and he was pretty mild so I should be able to take Dez's roster spot if needed.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 4

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I just got a call from the lab. I also don't have Covid. Son tested positive so we all had to get tested. Seems like everyone else is good and he was pretty mild so I should be able to take Dez's roster spot if needed.

Sorry about your son's positive test result.  Glad it was a mild case and you all are negative.  Sending my best to you and your family.

As for the roster spot?  You've done about as much on a football field as Dez the last few years.  Now go do some lifting and sprints as you wait for the call.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

?Stay safe Max. Best to your son.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Sorry about your son's positive test result.  Glad it was a mild case and you all are negative.  Sending my best to you and your family.

As for the roster spot?  You've done about as much on a football field as Dez the last few years.  Now go do some lifting and sprints as you wait for the call.

4 hours ago, section314 said:

?Stay safe Max. Best to your son.

Thanks guys. He is coming up on his 10 days after first symptom so he can break quarantine soon. Which is good, propane heat is expensive and it is cold out in the RV lol.  Everyone else is good, he had a few days of not feeling great, but very mild. We remain very lucky.

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thats great that you and the rest of your family is safe and clear Max.  I'm sorry to hear that your son tested positive.  I assume he doesnt have any underlying health issues that would leave him compromised and pray he will be fine.