What's with all the hate for Jim Harbaugh?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

7 years ago he was a good nfl coach. He has been mediocre to lousy in college and just terrible this year. He has developed zero college QBs. His offenses are old school and static in c

You are correct, and those fans are idiots. 

Listening to a lot of Jets fans talking lately and most of them do not want Jim Harbaugh to coach the Jets.  To me, Harbaugh paired with Trevor Lawrence turns this organization around instantly.  The

Posted Images

1) He's high maintenance, he's sensitive to criticism, he is thin-skinned, he is a completely bad fit for the vicious NY media market.

2) What he brings to an organization for an immediate turnaround is discipline.  That's not the Jets problem.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He has developed zero college QBs.

1143474402_3fe4e12f8090d0944922d2b00bf118e1(1).jpg.fc2fffecb2fdaef3749c9933bb99b685.jpg

He developed a Freshman Andrew Luck into the greatest QB prospect since dating back to Elway/Manning and went 12-1 alongside of Luck as a Sophomore @ Stanford. 

Andrew Luck as a kid absolutely adored Jim as his father figure HC and still loves that man to this day (you should just read about how Luck raved about Jim as his HC and admitted to having more fun alongside Jim than any other coach of who've ever coached him). 

107860267_original.thumb.jpg.b5665d741a3beb917a8399711a955e63.jpg

107175626_original.thumb.jpg.78cef82a68150658a825e2b0f2a727eb.jpg

1060876042_JimHarbaughAndrewLuckDiscoverOrangeBowlHXzkrGYOFQGl.jpg.5939ddee954818ebd90fe6205107d2f1.jpg

gyi0061598079.0.thumb.jpg.240bbb277582f8826c550dde021676a3.jpg

Luck-Harbaugh.jpg_390.jpg.a3e282da371fe8f2d325d9422b824837.jpg

He was so HAPPY to be around Jim (and Jim really loved coaching a QB with Luck's potential, talent and A+ character). 

He also developed Alex Smith on an NFL level from a former #1 overall failure of a bust into an immediate winner @ QB; Jim gave Alex the confidence he needed. 

765684055_alexharbaugh(1).gif.f5dea2cea602cb47d7c14ef0aaa925fd.gif

Kaep loved him too...

PeriodicThickAfricangoldencat-max-1mb.gif.ff0417ca0c2fe38da2cee0d44a1e7e81.gif

Jet fans such as myself couldn't care less what you have to say about Jim Harbaugh because deep down inside we know Trevor Lawrence deserves him. 

"He has developed zero college QBs."

And no matter how bad Jet fans try and lie and make him out to be "hated" I'll continue to laugh at them...

8l5iq1m.gif.50cee7304d77bb5204644421b0b23d23.gif

The likes of Alex Smith, Kaep and Andrew Luck ALL LOVED JIM HARBAUGH...

hqdefault.jpg.c13ecbb83eed5a18fe5fd67310de3739.jpg

And so will Trevor Lawrence. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Something happened at Michigan with Harbaugh.  College recruits tend to be attracted to coaches like Harbaugh with NFL experience and connections who can help them get drafted in the NFL.

I think most of the answer is that recruits preferred Ohio State, where the standards were lower, and warmer weather schools. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I don't get it either. He should be near the top of everyone's list. The only real question is can he still be good as he last coached in like 2012-2013 and adapt to the modern game. It would be the same question for Bill Cowher, since when he lasted coached in the NFL is even way longer going back to 2006. 

7 minutes ago, varjet said:

Something happened at Michigan with Harbaugh.  College recruits tend to be attracted to coaches like Harbaugh with NFL experience and connections who can help them get drafted in the NFL.

I think most of the answer is that recruits preferred Ohio State, where the standards were lower, and warmer weather schools. 

Exactly. It's way more fun (down here) in Florida for kids than it is to be in a dead ass Michigan 

😂🤷‍♂️🤣

And let's be honest Michigan Football has won a whopping 1 Championship dating back to 71 years ago (1997)

😂🤷‍♂️🤣

#BlameJimmy!

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I don't get it either. He should be near the top of everyone's list. The only real question is can he still be good as he last coached in like 2012-2013 and adapt to the modern game. It would be the same question for Bill Cowher, since when he lasted coached in the NFL is even way longer going back to 2006. 

Who knows but owning the 5th highest NFL winning percentage of All-Time (.695%) along with 3 back to back to back consecutive NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance (a special teams muffed punt away from two SB's) is a gamble I'd love to see our Jets bet on. 

And if 8-8 is the worst he ever did? Well then look at San Francisco's following 4 seasons of 4 losing years immediately following his departure; and then sign me up (again). 

And more importantly his players loved to play hard under him (which is why he sent at least 7-10 players to either the All-Pro and/or Pro Bowlers to the Pro Bowl each and every year in SF). 

• Upvote 4
54 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Listening to a lot of Jets fans talking lately and most of them do not want Jim Harbaugh to coach the Jets.  To me, Harbaugh paired with Trevor Lawrence turns this organization around instantly.  The way it ended for him in San Francisco was more about upper management from what I hear.  Interested in hearing your thoughts fellow nation members.

He never had a QB in SF who was a good passing QB.  Hes had a strong D, a strong ground game and a QB who excelled at game management.  Whos that remind you of?

And how does that pairing work with a QB who is praised for his passing skills?

Thats if he still is a HC made for the NFL

9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Who knows but owning the 5th highest NFL winning percentage of All-Time (.695%) along with 3 back to back to back consecutive NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance (a special teams muffed punt away from two SB's) is a gamble I'd love to see our Jets bet on. 

And if 8-8 is the worst he ever did? Well then look at San Francisco's following 4 seasons of 4 losing years immediately following his departure; and then sign me up (again). 

And more importantly his players loved to play hard under him (which is why he sent at least 7-10 to either the All-Pro and/or Pro Bowlers to the Pro Bowl each and every year in SF). 

As of the 2019 season, 104 coaches, about 20%, have won 50 or more games.  None of them are named Jim Harbaugh

Then theres this:  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1168549-ranking-the-50-best-nfl-head-coaches-of-all-time

You keep spewing the winning percentage for a 4 year HC and its a total waste of time.  Its like me saying Jim Harbaugh only has coached three winning seasons in his NFL coaching career 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

As of the 2019 season, 104 coaches, about 20%, have won 50 or more games.  None of them are named Jim Harbaugh

Then theres this:  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1168549-ranking-the-50-best-nfl-head-coaches-of-all-time

You keep spewing the winning percentage for a 4 year HC and its a total waste of time.  Its like me saying Jim Harbaugh only has coached three winning seasons in his NFL coaching career 

3 back to back to back NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance (would've been two SB games if not for a muffed punt) is nothing to discredit or overlook. 

You can. But I won't; and to each our own. 

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Gotta help me understand this. Maybe I'm just slow. 

Assuming you're talking about all time yes? So you're bashing Harbaugh for not winning 50 games, but lumping his 4 year span in with many coaches that coached far longer than 4 years, thus obviously having more time to hit the 50 win mark? 

I'm confused. Wouldnt a more apt comparison simply be matching all coaches first 4 years in the league? Or no?

The mans career record as a HC at all levels, including bowls/playoffs is...

158 - 75 (10 post season appearances)

We as an organization in the same span of games are...

100 - 136 (3 post season appearances)

He has the same amount of NFL postseason appearances in 4 years, that we had in the last 14 years! 

He has the same amount of Superbowl appearances in 4 years, that we had in 50!

I truly dont understand how this is remotely up to debate on this forum. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

3 back to back to back NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance (would've been two SB games if not for a muffed punt) is nothing to discredit or overlook. 

You can. But I won't; and to each our own. 

Thats good.  But you think hes easily the hands down winner of any comparison and he isnt

No matter how many pointless pictures you clutter the page with

• Like 1
9 hours ago, JTJet said:

Gotta help me understand this. Maybe I'm just slow. 

Assuming you're talking about all time yes? So you're bashing Harbaugh for not winning 50 games, but lumping his 4 year span in with many coaches that coached far longer than 4 years, thus obviously having more time to hit the 50 win mark? 

I'm confused. Wouldnt a more apt comparison simply be matching all coaches first 4 years in the league? Or no?

The mans career record as a HC at all levels, including bowls/playoffs is...

158 - 75 (10 post season appearances)

We as an organization in the same span of games are...

100 - 136 (3 post season appearances)

He has the same amount of NFL postseason appearances in 4 years, that we had in the last 14 years! 

He has the same amount of Superbowl appearances in 4 years, that we had in 50!

I truly dont understand how this is remotely up to debate on this forum. 

Heres the point, DWCs constant screaming that hes got the 5th highest winning percentage is as pointless as he hasnt won 50 games.  I could care less that his winning percentage is slightly better than George Halas and Don Shula who each have over 300 wins to their credit.  Not just those 3 winning seasons Harbaugh has.

Its mind numbing, like posting the batting averages and other stats of a batter who only plays in 60 games

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Heres the point, DWCs constant screaming that hes got the 5th highest winning percentage is as pointless as he hasnt won 50 games.  I could care less that his winning percentage is slightly better than George Halas and Don Shula who each have over 300 wins to their credit.  Not 3 winning season.

Its mind numbing, like posting the batting averages and other stats of a batter who only plays in 60 games

Ok I got ya in that sense for sure.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Heres the point, DWCs constant screaming that hes got the 5th highest winning percentage is as pointless as he hasnt won 50 games.  I could care less that his winning percentage is slightly better than George Halas and Don Shula who each have over 300 wins to their credit.  Not just those 3 winning seasons Harbaugh has.

Yo but peep this picture to show you how good he is:

Pee Wees Big Adventure 80S Movies GIF by absurdnoise

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Listening to a lot of Jets fans talking lately and most of them do not want Jim Harbaugh to coach the Jets.  To me, Harbaugh paired with Trevor Lawrence turns this organization around instantly.  The way it ended for him in San Francisco was more about upper management from what I hear.  Interested in hearing your thoughts fellow nation members.

Personally, I like Harbaugh more than any other possibility. Much more so than Cowher. He is a no nonsense type of coach. Understands the NFL and would do Great with a new comer QB of his choosing or even with Darnold I believe. I am a huge fan of what he did in SF

• Like 1

Harbaugh hasn't accomplished squat at Michigan despite huge talent advantages over most of his opponents due to highly rated recruiting classes (an advantage he won't get here).

Furthermore his offense is somewhat outdated and not attractive to someone like Trevor Lawrence. His QBs have been mostly unsuccessful compared to their peers, despite (again) being highly rated coming out of high school.

It would be like getting a lamborghini and driving it 55 on the highway.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, SAR I said:

1) He's high maintenance, he's sensitive to criticism, he is thin-skinned, he is a completely bad fit for the vicious NY media market.

This is high level trolling sh*t right here.  I mean, Hoo Boy....lol 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

My big concern would be this:

1) College football has become the source of innovation in the offensive game. While he’s been at Michigan his offenses have remained stagnant. 

2) He hasn’t been able to develop a QB, and the success that Kaep and Alex Smith had under him kind of seems like a product of Roman in hindsight.

3) He’s clearly a huge a-hole who grates on people.

We could do a lot worse, and I could talk myself into it. But it wouldn’t be the slam dunk it would have been in 2015.

8 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Harbaugh hasn't accomplished squat at Michigan despite huge talent advantages over most of his opponents due to highly rated recruiting classes (an advantage he won't get here).

This isn’t really accurate. He’s built a program that takes care of business against teams with less talent.

His issue is he can’t beat the elite teams, most notably Ohio State.

• Upvote 1

Harbaugh is literally the only coach worth bringing in.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Just learned my favorite Harbaugh quote, yes it's about Spongebob:

“I love his attitude. He attacks each day with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind! I’ve kind of modeled my behavior after him. We all should. What a great employee he is. He’s a go-getter. He’s always got a bounce to his step. He’s got pizzazz. He puts his heart and soul into making those krabby patties. I think he’s awesome.”

• Haha 1