So, Marvin Lewis.

T0mShane

9 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, that doesn't make ol' Marvin look any better, lol.

That "he would've won more if he just had a better QB" argument goes out the window if he was the one actually shopping for the groceries there.

Marvin's record in the playoffs is a combination of bad luck with injury, poor team discipline and poor in-game management.

Like I said, he wouldn't be my first choice off the board but he would not be the worst. Lewis did a lot of good for that franchise, brought them a level of structure and professionalism they had not had before(or since, to be honest).

The players didn't even have water or Gatorade on the sidelines before Marvin was there. This is the level of ineptitude you are asking someone to be successful with.

• Haha 2

Arguably  the two best coaches in team history, Weeb and Parcells, were experienced coaches and had won championships.  When you have bad owners and a bad organization, it's low odds to expect a coordinator or even a college coach to come in here and turn the ship around.  The table was set for a long run of success if heir apparent Belichick didn't get cold feet.  An established winner coming in to develop a culture and a staff that can take over, even if it's only for a few years, isn't the worst idea out there...  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, peekskill68 said:

An established winner coming in to develop a culture and a staff that can take over, even if it's only for a few years, isn't the worst idea out there... 

Who might that be Marvin Lewis nice guy, respectable NFL coach but he hasn't won anything. 

I prefer a guy who makes his name resurrecting the NY Jets. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So Bowles and Gase worked out well here you are saying. 

What does Bowles and Gase, two completely different types have to do with it?  Ones was a coordinator who never coaches, which you dont want, the other a rehash who you also dont want.  But because each failed, we forget Shula, Landry, Walsh, Belichick, Parcells, McVay, etc, etc?

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What does Bowles and Gase, two completely different types have to do with it?  Ones was a coordinator who never coaches, which you dont want, the other a rehash who you also dont want.  But because each failed, we forget Shula, Landry, Walsh, Belichick, Parcells, McVay, etc, etc?

They were both previously connected to other NFL HC's. 

Bowles rode Arians coat tails that was a bad hire. 

Gase was a loser in Miami a loser here bad hire. 

I want a HC with no previous NFL experience in any capacity who makes his name resurrecting the NY Jets. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

They were both previously connected to other NFL HC's. 

Bowles rode Arians coat tails that was a bad hire. 

Gase was a loser in Miami a loser here bad hire. 

I want a HC with no previous NFL experience in any capacity who makes his name resurrecting the NY Jets. 

No kidding Joe, most every coordinator was.

Just like every college coach worked for someone. 

While he's nowhere near the top of my preferred list, I give Marvin his props for making the Bengals a respectable team. They were the Browns before the Browns before he turned them around.

That being said, I'd rather not hire him. So many other options at HC I'd rather have 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Not ALL have NFL experience Lincoln Riley, Matt Campbell no NFL affiliations or experience. 

You're missing  my point. 

I get your point, it just doesnt make much sense.  You dont want a coordinator but want young blood, no one who worked for someone but its ok if they worked for someone I college and dont want a NFL HC with some success.

Baffling

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I've suggested Marvin Lewis.   He'd probably bring Jay Gruden with him too who at one point made Andy Dalton and Kirk Cousins look like respectable QB's.   Laugh at it all you want but the guy won in Cinci and the Jets need someone who's proven they can overcome organizational ineptitude. 

I wouldnt hate it, wont lie.

Remember that time he won a playoff game?

Oh, no.   Because in 16,000 seasons he never won one.

30 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Marvin's record in the playoffs is a combination of bad luck with injury, poor team discipline and poor in-game management.

Like I said, he wouldn't be my first choice off the board but he would not be the worst. Lewis did a lot of good for that franchise, brought them a level of structure and professionalism they had not had before(or since, to be honest).

The players didn't even have water or Gatorade on the sidelines before Marvin was there. This is the level of ineptitude you are asking someone to be successful with.

lol thats so bad. how can a professional football team not provide your million dollar investments with simple essentials.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Remember that time he won a playoff game?

Oh, no.   Because in 16,000 seasons he never won one.

Remember when someone said they heard Lewis for the Jets?

Of course not, no one has said that.  Even suggested it

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I get your point, it just doesnt make much sense.  You dont want a coordinator but want young blood, no one who worked for someone but its ok if they worked for someone I college and dont want a NFL HC with some success.

Baffling

Let me repeat myself try and follow along. 

I don't want any re-treads or guys that feel because they washed jocks or bumped elbows  with Bill Belechick while he  was the HC of a Super Bowl winning team. 

I don't want any guys who leave a successful team and think just because they got coffee for the HC makes them a successful HC. 

I want a guy who comes from a successful college program with no prior NFL experience who makes a name for himself resurrecting the NY Jets. 

Thats my wish its a longshot 

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Baffling

51 years and counting...piss poor drafting and free agent signing haven't made much sense either. 

Its time for change here once and for all. 

You hire Marvin Lewis who does he drag in here AJ Green like Adam Gase dragged Frank Gore in. 

I have my reasons and opinions like you have yours. 

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Let me repeat myself try and follow along. 

I don't want any re-treads or guys that feel because they washed jocks or bumped elbows  with Bill Belechick while he  was the HC of a Super Bowl winning team. 

I don't want any guys who leave a successful team and think just because they got coffee for the HC makes them a successful HC. 

I want a guy who comes from a successful college program with no prior NFL experience who makes a name for himself resurrecting the NY Jets. 

Thats my wish its a longshot 

I'll take a Vrabel.  

I'll take a Flores.  

I'll take a Judge

I'll take a Kingsburry

I'll take Daboll

I'd talk to Josh McDaniels

All worked for Belichick.  No good right

Its not set in stone, theres not one thats more apt for success.

You want one of the two coaches who fit your requirement, thats fine though

• Upvote 1