Pick 25 Pick 33 Who do you want?

Wonderboy

6 minutes ago, chirorob said:

See, I like a running back late one, early 2.

A good running back takes pressure off the QB, gives him an outlet to throw to, and running backs tend to be in their prime for the first 4-5 years of their career.

It also depends on what JD gets in FA, I do believe a LOT of players will shake loose, and salaries will go down for the majority of them.

he has tons of money and cant do much worse than this past offseason-he brought in over 10 trash players-people will say no no no it was just bandaid players and players that were to fill the dead year which is nonsense

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

In the NFL you need to be great on one side of the ball and halfway decent at the other. With the new QB, you need to try to make the offense the great thing since that is usually the winning teams are great at. 

The top of this draft is where we should focus on offense. The rest of the draft, next years free agent class and draft class is where you can shade toward the D (ask Shane about this, he knows) 

Is it possible to sign Ngakoue and Robinson and Thuney this offseason? Is that feasible?

If we sign Robinson or Schuster, then I'm dead set against drafting another receiver.

Who do you think would work better here? Robinson or Shuster? I prefer Robinson based on our history with Pitt WR's.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the best wr and best rb available

dont set up trevor to fail like sam 

joe you promised sam and his parents and lied to them dont lie to Trevor

this team has trash rbs and trash wrs(fans keep like pumping up the jets wrs-they suck -the only one who has decent stats is crowder-he is a wr 3 at best though.

Mims may have talent but is getting way overhyped-you are what your stats say you are and in his first year he has under 20 catches, under 350 yards and zero tds-you can make all of the excuses you want for him-young , hurt often, bad qb but his production has been poor at best 

Fully agreed that the Jets failed Sam in a huge way.  They better not make the same mistake again. 

The real blame falls on our idiot owners (the "Silver Spoon Buffoons", though probably more CJ), who gave Macc an extra off-season to run a draft and spend ~$100M in free agency before firing him.  As usual, Macc did a terrible job. 

I do think we've finally got a legit football man in Joe D now though.  Let's just hope he's allowed to make the decisions without any interference from the Johnson buffoons.  (though I'm sure CJ is very anxious to provide his input on picking a new HC and coordinators).

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fully agreed that the Jets failed Sam in a huge way.  They better not make the same mistake again. 

The real blame falls on our idiot owners (the "Silver Spoon Buffoons", though probably more CJ), who gave Macc an extra off-season to run a draft and spend ~$100M in free agency before firing him.  As usual, Macc did a terrible job. 

I do think we've finally got a legit football man in Joe D now though.  Let's just hope he's allowed to make the decisions without any interference from the Johnson buffoons.  (though I'm sure CJ is very anxious to provide his input on picking a new HC and coordinators).

BIG TIME! First it was O-line, then it was WR's

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

FA WR = Allen Robinson. 

FA O-Lineman = Joe Thuney @ LG. 

#1 overall = Trevor Lawrence. 

Seattle Pick = Rondale Moore (WR). 

2nd round = Najee Harris. 

QB: Trevor Lawrence. 

LT: Mekhi Becton. 

LG: Joe Thuney. 

WR 1: Allen Robinson. 

Slot: Rondale Moore. 

WR 2: Denzel Mims. 

WR 4: Jamison Crowder. 

RB: Najee Harris (the next Adrian Peterson). 

This would create for 8 awesome offensive weapons to build around (when Jamison Crowder is your 4th WR option you know you're doing something right around the QB position). 

And suddenly (out of nowhere/overnight) we'll have a Jets offense that Jet fans can be excited about come Sunday's. 

(2022 is the year where we use both first round picks on Defense @ CB/Edge). 

This is the correct response. Any other outcome is unacceptable. Agree on najee, must be 100% considered if he’s still available.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm certainly no expert on college football but absolutely not a RB.  If there's an impact OL then I think we'd have to go for that.  Assuming we're able to draft Trevor, priority 1 has to be to protect him. The draft isn't the only way to acquire these players, of course, and I'll trust Joe D's judgment, but as a general thought, I hope we prioritize OL.  

Exactly! Zeke looks pretty damn average behind that beat up Cowboys Oline! 

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Exactly! Zeke looks pretty damn average behind that beat up Cowboys Oline! 

And Derrick Henry/Dalvin cook are capable of putting their team on their backs and carrying them to victory. I generally agree about the value of a RB but don’t discount the value of a potentially great RB like najee

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Need to take premium positions with premium picks, which these are. Assuming QB has already been taken, the next two picks should come from the WR, Edge, CB, OT groups. I suspect that JD, going LT and WR with his first two picks as a GM, gets it. 

I understand the sex appeal of a hot, young RB, but that's a job that can be done by just about anyone behind a competent OL, and can usually be filled with spare change in free agency. Picking one up in the third or later is fine, though. If there's an interior OL there that's head & shoulders above the premium position prospects available, you can make that move, though. The building of the OL needs to be a priority, one I'd expect to be hit aggressively in FA. 

Like last year, I'd be content with the first four or five picks being on offense. I could spend a year watching 42-38 football games, but I don't think JD will do that. 

Agreed! We have a ton of money & Jamal Williams would not be that expensive, he’s a backup to Jones now. 
But, he knows how to block & catch out of the backfield! 

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

Eh i'd hold off on the RB. We had Ty Johnson and Josh Adams have a big day, you can be fine at that position as long as the OL is doing its job. I'd wait another draft before spending a high pick on one. 

Give me another WR or an interior OL. 

We need another road grader on the o-line, look what happened when they started running to Bectons side.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

So if we get the 1st pick - Trevor - ( we will ? )  who do we take at 25 and 33 which are 2 high profile picks.  So many excellent players will be available and we have so many needs.  And we have big bucks to add some really good talent via free agency which will obviously factor into JD's drat day decisions.   The positions of utmost need: OL across the board, mainly guard,  WR, edge, CB, RB, TE, LB.  Of course, Rome wasn't built in a day and this is no quick fix but these 2 picks can make an immediate impact.  So we have to look at IMO, our greatest needs first.  Initially, I hoped we would go offense and get Trevor weapons asap. But the defense is just putrid.  We desperately needs a corner and an edge.  On offense we need to solidify the OL, get another top flight WR to go along with Mims, a TE and a cow bell RB.  Lot of needs to say the least.  Quite the conundrum.   So do we go BPA at a position of need? Or is JD set on one particular area? Many of these guys are all over the place in the first 2 rounds mocks but these seem to be the top guys at their respective positions. So here's the list of players that will be considered with the 25 and 33 picks.  Who do you want, who don't you want and why?  

OL: C Humphries, G Wyatt Davis, C Trey Smith, T Alex Leatherwood, T Jalen Mayfield, T Cosmi, T Little, T Slater

WR: Smith, Waddle, Moore, Bateman, Marshall, Olave

CB: Wade, Adebo, Farley, Horn, Campbell, Kendrick

RB: Harris, Etienne

TE: Pitts, Friemuth

Edge: Hutchinson, Basham, Paye, Weaver, Oweh, Roussseau, Jones

Obviously, an inside offensive lineman or CB.  Go there before RB or WR.  You can always scrounge up a ball carrier or additional WR, but good CB's come from round one and only round one with very few exceptions. 

Just now, THE BARON said:

Obviously, an inside offensive lineman or CB.  Go there before RB or WR.  You can always scrounge up a ball carrier or additional WR, but good CB's come from round one and only round one with very few exceptions. 

No scrounging draft the top tier players at their respective positions if they are available. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

25 and 33 are foundation picks and should be targeted at greatest positions of need.  That's why I'd go with Wyatt Davis and BPA at the CB position.  I know a lot of people don't like taking a RB so high and its hard to argue that point.  A OL of Becton, Elfin,  McGovern, Davis, Fant isn't to shabby. And a solid top prospect at CB immediately improves the secondary.         

Offense only. Can't fix 21 problems in 1 draft. push D to next year.... O is everything. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

OL for sure, and then either the best WR, EDGE or CB

With Elfein playing as well as he did last week, JD may have some wiggle room as to what OL he goes after.  C Humphries and G Wyatt Davis come to mind.  Also, with Fant having a year left on his contract, you can take best RT as well.  But Davis seems the perennial best player available on OL.  Keep hearing great things about him.  Becton, Elfin, McGovern, Davis, Fant.    Getting better slowly but surely. 

• Upvote 2

A young stud C with one of those two picks.  The next Mangold to lead the line. McGovern slides to RG, so the Jets improve two spots on the OL with one pick.

With the other pick, another player on offense:  RT, G, WR, TE, RB.  Whoever is best value/biggest need.

I agree that JD will probably trade down a few slots with the early 2nd pick.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

No he's not there was a time he was the #1 WR in Pittsburgh and handled the job quite well its not his fault they have 3-4 other viable decent WR's taking away from his statistics. 

Through 12 games this season playing with Ben Roethlisberger going nuts he has 600 yards receiving.

He's not that good and will be our next ex-steeler bust signing

2 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

If Seattle gets dumped in the first round of the playoffs, we'll maybe be in the running for guys like Pitts, Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle. IMO a trade up for a playmaker like that is not out of question just yet.

Love Pitts.  He's a cross between Plaxico Burress and Evan Engram

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KINGDIRK said:

I wouldn’t trade up. I would sit tight and grab best Oline available. Right tackle, interior OL, I don’t care. 

At 33, I would prefer we stay on the offensive side of the ball as well. But gotta see what FA brings first. 

Faalele at 33 

We could even resign Fant and move Faalele inside to Guard where he does damage in the A and B gaps