Pick 25 Pick 33 Who do you want?

Wonderboy

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Faalele at 33 

We could even resign Fant and move Faalele inside to Guard where he does damage in the A and B gaps

I think if we sign Robinson in FA (love that dude)....we roll with ARob, Mims and Crowder. That’s a legit WR Corp for a rookie QB walking into an 0-16 tea. We won’t use another premium pick on WR. In that case, build a wall for Trevor. If they want to double down on OL with Seattle pick and 33, I would be thrilled. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

A young stud C with one of those two picks.  The next Mangold to lead the line. McGovern slides to RG, so the Jets improve two spots on the OL with one pick.

With the other pick, another player on offense:  RT, G, WR, TE, RB.  Whoever is best value/biggest need.

I agree that JD will probably trade down a few slots with the early 2nd pick.

I am all in on this scenario.  McGovern is known to be a better guard as well. And Cam Clarke is high on JD's list to eventually take over the guard spot in a couple years.  I look for JD to use a high draft choice on OL over the next few years until we have a kick azz OL.   Humphrey round 2 or Josh Myers in round 3. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Through 12 games this season playing with Ben Roethlisberger going nuts he has 600 yards receiving.

He's not that good and will be our next ex-steeler bust signing

Have you seen the Pittsburgh WR corps they have 3 top quality guys at the position only so much ball to go around they all have equals stats. 

Claypool a rookie leads with 8 TD's 

I expect us to sign a CB1, OLB, and WR1 in free agency.

1. Trevor Lawrence, QB

25. Rashawn Slater, OT but will move to OG.  He tops Daniel Jeremiah's list of OL and if you watch him move you'll understand why. 

33. Najee Harris, RB blue chipper that can handle the ground & pound, but also has decent pass catching chops. Both necessary attributes to help out a rookie QB.

41-54. Jackson Carman,  OT who protected TL's blindside at Clemson, projected to play RT due to size (6'5, 335), but I like that he is a solid insurance policy if Becton were to get another cold.  In case you're wondering, this is the pick we will get for Darnold.

65. Tylan Wallace, WR who has the size and speed to off-set Mims and whoever we sign in FA to be our WR1 (Allen Robinson?) another option here would be Anthony Schwartz

89. Kary Vincent Jr., CB  he's a ball hawking nickelback to replace Poole who I think we'll lose in free agency.   

• Upvote 1

If Pitts is still on the board at 25 and I doubt he will be, but if he is, you run, not walk up to the podium and give TL his security blanket for the next 5 years etc.   At 33 I look for the best available OL unless there is a player at another position that is much rated but slipped for some reason.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I will say it again! Trade up for Devonta Smith, he got that killer instinct always dominate in the big games, Saban raves about his work ethic and is showing this year

I haven't seen him play but I've heard he's reminiscent of Randy Moss.  Does that sound right to you?

10 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I haven't seen him play but I've heard he's reminiscent of Randy Moss.  Does that sound right to you?

No. Only because Randy Moss was 6'4/210 lbs in comparison to Devonta Smith who's only 6'1/175 lbs etc. 

Different types of WRs in terms of style of play but Devonta Smith is super special with A+ talent. 

He's #1 All-Time in Alabama history with 38 TD receptions. 

He's #2 All-Time in Alabama history with 3,414 receiving yards (only behind Amari Cooper). 

He's #3 All-Time in Alabama history with 198 receptions (only behind Calvin Ridley and Amari Cooper and more than Julio Jones/Jerry Jeudy). 

I don't know who he reminds me of on an NFL level maybe a Marvin Harrison?

Unfortunately I picture him going 15-20 due to all the mock drafts I've read so unless Seattle loses two of their next 4 I don't think he'll fall to us (unless Seattle loses two of their next 4). 

• Upvote 1

On 12/10/2020 at 3:19 AM, Wonderboy said:

So if we get the 1st pick - Trevor - ( we will ? )  who do we take at 25 and 33 which are 2 high profile picks.  So many excellent players will be available and we have so many needs.  And we have big bucks to add some really good talent via free agency which will obviously factor into JD's drat day decisions.   The positions of utmost need: OL across the board, mainly guard,  WR, edge, CB, RB, TE, LB.  Of course, Rome wasn't built in a day and this is no quick fix but these 2 picks can make an immediate impact.  So we have to look at IMO, our greatest needs first.  Initially, I hoped we would go offense and get Trevor weapons asap. But the defense is just putrid.  We desperately needs a corner and an edge.  On offense we need to solidify the OL, get another top flight WR to go along with Mims, a TE and a cow bell RB.  Lot of needs to say the least.  Quite the conundrum.   So do we go BPA at a position of need? Or is JD set on one particular area? Many of these guys are all over the place in the first 2 rounds mocks but these seem to be the top guys at their respective positions. So here's the list of players that will be considered with the 25 and 33 picks.  Who do you want, who don't you want and why?  

OL: C Humphries, G Wyatt Davis, C Trey Smith, T Alex Leatherwood, T Jalen Mayfield, T Cosmi, T Little, T Slater

WR: Smith, Waddle, Moore, Bateman, Marshall, Olave

CB: Wade, Adebo, Farley, Horn, Campbell, Kendrick

RB: Harris, Etienne

TE: Pitts, Friemuth

Edge: Hutchinson, Basham, Paye, Weaver, Oweh, Roussseau, Jones

I feel good about these picks and what will happen. In truth I think JD will consider trading back a bit with the 2nd 1st.  If he does't and assuming TLaw is the 1st pick I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Freiermuth TE taken there. Good blocker and incredible in the passing game. I'd take Pitts over him but he will almost certainly be gone. 

If we grabbed Freiermuth and Najee Harris with those two picks I would be elated. There is gonna be plenty of solid OL help in the 3rd. Plenty. And we have 2 picks there.

That said, I would not be surprised at all if JD used one of said picks to improve the Edge. If Patrick Jones, Aiden Hitchinson or Basham are still around I would absolutely consider it.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, JetBlue said:

If Pitts is still on the board at 25 and I doubt he will be, but if he is, you run, not walk up to the podium and give TL his security blanket for the next 5 years etc.   At 33 I look for the best available OL unless there is a player at another position that is much rated but slipped for some reason.  

Agreed, but Freiermuth is almost as good and I would love to give our young QB a security blanket like him. Especially one that can block well on top of it.  If Pitts or Freiermuth are there I'm taking one. 

• Upvote 1

2 guys who can contribute to scoring points, lots of points. Enough points so we can win games regardless of the defense. The notion that we needs stifling defense is old thinking. We just need a defense that gives he ball back to Trevor.

WR is supposed to be pretty deep again this draft. I wonder if we can choose WR a tad later based on that, and get ourselves a true great RB (something we’ve rarely had). That part of the draft has some great RB, WR, and TE prospects. Wouldn’t hate any of these guys as Jets...

image.thumb.jpeg.d01a1c46d6303def341dffbc48e13353.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6beefc1b3b6ad03845d88f9d5b1539a4.jpeg

image.jpeg.f739b42cab4b2419c918e6b468b2e936.jpeg

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I expect us to sign a CB1, OLB, and WR1 in free agency.

1. Trevor Lawrence, QB

25. Rashawn Slater, OT but will move to OG.  He tops Daniel Jeremiah's list of OL and if you watch him move you'll understand why. 

33. Najee Harris, RB blue chipper that can handle the ground & pound, but also has decent pass catching chops. Both necessary attributes to help out a rookie QB.

41-54. Jackson Carman,  OT who protected TL's blindside at Clemson, projected to play RT due to size (6'5, 335), but I like that he is a solid insurance policy if Becton were to get another cold.  In case you're wondering, this is the pick we will get for Darnold.

65. Tylan Wallace, WR who has the size and speed to off-set Mims and whoever we sign in FA to be our WR1 (Allen Robinson?) another option here would be Anthony Schwartz

89. Kary Vincent Jr., CB  he's a ball hawking nickelback to replace Poole who I think we'll lose in free agency.   

That would be a very expensive, and limited, free agent class. All premium positions. Based on what he did in free agency this past offseason I just don't see him going that route. He needs to do better than last year, but I don't think he's gonna splurge like that in free agency, then take a guard and a RB with his second & third picks, respectfully. More likely to pick up the starting guard and RB in free agency (at substantially lower costs) and picking up the WR/Edge/CB with those picks. 

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

In truth I think JD will consider trading back a bit with the 2nd 1st. 

The first round is valuable because of that fifth year option, an option that becomes more affordable later in the round. I'm sure he'll shop every pick, but he'll want a haul for that one. If he makes that trade, I'd hope for a 2022 first as part of the deal. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

We need another road grader on the o-line, look what happened when they started running to Bectons side.

Theyre not the sexy pick that fans want but you build a team with the OL.  Its proven over and over again. 

Late 70's we picked Marvin Powell and then Chris Ward and the team moved on from bottom of the league status.  Mangini and Tanny turned the team around with D'Brick and Mangold.  Rex's teams offense was decent because the OL was one of the leagues best and it helped Thomas lead the league in rushing and the Jets to lead the league in rushing and camouflage Sanchezs shortcomings

Cowboys turnaround, Mayfields turnaround, the Giants, plenty of examples to go around

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I will say it again! Trade up for Devonta Smith, he got that killer instinct always dominate in the big games, Saban raves about his work ethic and is showing this year

Could be expensive - can’t see him slipping outside of top 15 - and there are a lot of holes to fill.  But I do love me some D Smith.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

That would be a very expensive, and limited, free agent class. All premium positions. Based on what he did in free agency this past offseason I just don't see him going that route. He needs to do better than last year, but I don't think he's gonna splurge like that in free agency, then take a guard and a RB with his second & third picks, respectfully. More likely to pick up the starting guard and RB in free agency (at substantially lower costs) and picking up the WR/Edge/CB with those picks. 

Beat pass rusher or OL available.

I saw an article about this years top 20 wideouts for total yardage this season and only 2 were first rounders (cooper and Julio).  WR’s can be found later in the draft and shake loose in FA all the time but good OL almost never do.  

RB’s are found everywhere 

that’s what I prefer our first 3 picks to be QB/Edge/OL

5 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I feel good about these picks and what will happen. In truth I think JD will consider trading back a bit with the 2nd 1st.  If he does't and assuming TLaw is the 1st pick I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Freiermuth TE taken there. Good blocker and incredible in the passing game. I'd take Pitts over him but he will almost certainly be gone. 

If we grabbed Freiermuth and Najee Harris with those two picks I would be elated. There is gonna be plenty of solid OL help in the 3rd. Plenty. And we have 2 picks there.

That said, I would not be surprised at all if JD used one of said picks to improve the Edge. If Patrick Jones, Aiden Hitchinson or Basham are still around I would absolutely consider it.  

Lot of holes so cant fill them all. I like those 2 picks as well. And of course, there is FA.  Freimuth provides an essential outlet for Trevor and Najee looks like he would be an absolute beast and the cow bell RB we haven't had in a long time. Then back to the OL in round 3.  JD can scoop up Josh Myers from OSU and plug him into center and slide McGovern over to guard.  Still would have another 3rd rounder T Daniel Faalele.  in FA, there should be enough money to sign an edge, WR and CB.  WR Allen Robinson/JuJU/Godwin, edge Hendrickson, Dupree, CB ?That would be a really nice draft/FA.  Lawrence, Friemuth, Harris, Myers, Faalele, FA's 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, slats said:

The first round is valuable because of that fifth year option, an option that becomes more affordable later in the round. I'm sure he'll shop every pick, but he'll want a haul for that one. If he makes that trade, I'd hope for a 2022 first as part of the deal. 

You talking about money, money.  Makes sense though.  RB Lindsay, Aaron Jones, Guard $ Scherff, $ Thuney   He can also get a center and slide McGovern to guard. 

WR/Edge/CB with those picks.   Some quality guys there for the taking.

On 12/10/2020 at 7:31 PM, KINGDIRK said:

I think if we sign Robinson in FA (love that dude)....we roll with ARob, Mims and Crowder. That’s a legit WR Corp for a rookie QB walking into an 0-16 tea. We won’t use another premium pick on WR. In that case, build a wall for Trevor. If they want to double down on OL with Seattle pick and 33, I would be thrilled. 

We still need a TE which is why I want Pitts at 25 or Hunter Henry in FA.  Us drafting Pitts is more realistic.

I want Robinson too but we are going to have to overpay like crazy.  That's the only way to get him here.  TY Hilton I think we have a very realistic shot at. 

Definitely have to upgrade the right side of the OL

On 12/10/2020 at 7:42 PM, joewilly12 said:

Have you seen the Pittsburgh WR corps they have 3 top quality guys at the position only so much ball to go around they all have equals stats. 

Claypool a rookie leads with 8 TD's 

Another day another excuse for Juju putting up meh numbers, again.

30 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Another day another excuse for Juju putting up meh numbers, again.

No excuse FACT 

Ju-Ju's numbers this season are similar to other top WR's on the Steelers roster. 

Theres only so much football to go around. 

Ju-Ju Smith Schuster 94 targets-73 receptions-600 yards-6 TD's 

Diontae Johnson         106 targets-65 receptions-654 yards-5 TD's 

Chase Claypool           78 targets-47 receptions- 649 yards-8 TD's

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No excuse FACT 

Ju-Ju's numbers this season are similar to other top WR's on the Steelers roster. 

Theres only so much football to go around. 

Ju-Ju Smith Schuster 94 targets-73 receptions-600 yards-6 TD's 

Diontae Johnson         106 targets-65 receptions-654 yards-5 TD's 

Chase Claypool           78 targets-47 receptions- 649 yards-8 TD's

Claypool is a rookie and Johnson practically is a rookie too.  And Juju still has worse stats than both

13 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No. Only because Randy Moss was 6'4/210 lbs in comparison to Devonta Smith who's only 6'1/175 lbs etc. 

Different types of WRs in terms of style of play but Devonta Smith is super special with A+ talent. 

He's #1 All-Time in Alabama history with 38 TD receptions. 

He's #2 All-Time in Alabama history with 3,414 receiving yards (only behind Amari Cooper). 

He's #3 All-Time in Alabama history with 198 receptions (only behind Calvin Ridley and Amari Cooper and more than Julio Jones/Jerry Jeudy). 

I don't know who he reminds me of on an NFL level maybe a Marvin Harrison?

Jerry Rice

On 12/10/2020 at 7:26 AM, Gastineau Lives said:

In the NFL you need to be great on one side of the ball and halfway decent at the other. With the new QB, you need to try to make the offense the great thing since that is usually what the winning teams are great at. 

The top of this draft is where we should focus on offense. The rest of the draft, next years free agent class and draft class is where you can shade toward the D (ask Shane about this, he knows) 

I think this makes a lot of sense.

We can't fix it all in 1 year.  If you bring in TL, then address the O.  Otherwise, you are undercutting your asset value.  Ask the "Suck for Sam" crowd whether this happens.

Draft should focus on OL and WR.  To a degree, what JD pulls off in FA determines the draft.  It is imperative that the Jets come out with a C and a G.  Fant is serviceable at RT but an improvement is possible.  The OL is playing with a little bit of cohesion the last couple of games.  We might be underrating some of our current guys.

Waaaaaayyyyy back in the da--when the Jets had Powell and Ward as their new starting tackles, they led the league in rushing with a relatively weak RB.

What could be better for TL than to recreate that kind of OL?

The answer is: having that kind of OL and 4 WR's capable of pushing the D's back 7 into protect mode.  It's a world we can scarcely remember.

• Upvote 1