the coach the jets should hire

kmnj

I have mentioned him several times but here goes again

If the Jets fire Gase(I think they should but I think they wont) is Dabo

most figure the jets are going to end up with the first pick and take TL- the best coach for TL is his current coach and is the one coach I would argue TL would be happy to play for -he has familiarity with him and had succeeded with him . I would also argue Dabo would be very helpful as far as identifying college players that could help the Jets as well much like Jimmy Johnson did with Dallas

Everybody knows the Jets are a clown show and some fear (I believe rightfully so ) that Trevor will try and  force a trade or refuse to go to the jets-I would argue Dabo as head coach  would help ease the mind of Trevor.

As currently set up the Jets have a terrible roster and a terrible coach-their coach and gm will be on the books for running maybe the worst team in NFL history by the time this is all over-once again Dabo would give Trevor some hope and confidence.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

what? the Lou Holtz v 2.0?

**** that guy

ask trevor what he thinks of him-trevor loves the dude and we are going to draft trevor-Dabo is a great recruiter and I would argue knows how  to identify talent and he has won as well

4 minutes ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

That dude is not coming here

only because the jets wont pay him big money-simple as that.

I bet he would jump at the chance to continue coaching TL if paid properly and the Jets should want the guy who has proven he can get top production out of Trevor-yes it was college but he will also as noted give confidence to Trevor and Trevor will have somebody he knows and trusts

Just now, kmnj said:

only because the jets wont pay him big money-simple as that.

I bet he would jump at the chance to continue coaching TL if paid properly and the Jets should want the guy who has proven he can get top production out of Trevor-yes it was college but he will also as noted give confidence to Trevor and Trevor will have somebody he knows and trusts

Listen, im all for it if we can surround TL with the talent that we lack. We cannot do what we did with Darnold.

He's made remarks in the past about coming into the NFL such as "never say never" but I don't believe he's leaving Clemson anytime soon. 

How many times has an NCAA QB/HC joined the NFL for the same team and @ the same time?

I can't recall? 

Also I'm not sure if Trevor would want Dabo as his NFL head coach while being considered "the coaches kid" within the locker room etc. 

6 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Dabo has a really sweet set up at Clemson. Hand picking his players, making a ton of money, and living the life. Honest question: Why on earth would he give that up to come here? I can’t imagine any amount of cash would make him jump tot he NFL right now, let alone to try to play Lazarus for this franchise. 

yes the jets would have to pay him big 

why would he come here  three reasons

one-pay him more money-jets need to pony up the cash

two-all college coaches have big egos and think they can succeed on the biggest stage-the biggest stage is the NFL and NY market is the biggest 

three-he will be able to coach a guy that he knows can produce and in theory the jets have tons of money and good draft capital so the team should be able to have a massive talent upgrade going into next year

31 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Jets wont pay him what he would want

I call BS. The Johnsons may be terminally dumb, but they aren't cheap. They are acquainted with the fact that until the franchise isn't considered a dumpster fire, they will have to pay a premium for coaches and FA players. They have paid in the past, and will pay in the future.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm just gonna leave this here.

SAR I

You mean the guy who coached a stacked Dallas Cowboys offense for 10 years but yet had 5 disappointing seasons as HC of 8-8, 8-8, 8-8, 4-12 and 8-8 along with missing the playoffs 7/10 years before getting fired? 

No thnx. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You mean the guy who coached a stacked Dallas Cowboys offense for 10 years but yet had 5 disappointing seasons as HC of 8-8, 8-8, 8-8, 4-12 and 8-8 along with missing the playoffs 7/10 years before getting fired? 

No thnx. 

I'd rather Garrett than some unknown flavor of the day coordinator.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No thnx. 

Handled the pressure-cooker of Dallas very well.

Ex-players have nothing but nice things to say about him.

Built the best OL in the NFL.

Developed a franchise Running Back and a franchise Quarterback and a franchise WR in Dallas.  Appears to be doing the same with far less in East Rutherford.

He's an experienced head coach (check) from a pressure-cooker media environment (check) with good people skills (check) from the offensive side of the ball (check) and has developed a horde of homebrewed all-star players like Zeke, Dak, Dez, and countless OL'men (check check check).

He deserves serious consideration.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

I call BS. The Johnsons may be terminally dumb, but they aren't cheap. They are acquainted with the fact that until the franchise isn't considered a dumpster fire, they will have to pay a premium for coaches and FA players. They have paid in the past, and will pay in the future.

what coaches have the johnsons paid big money too?

the only time the jets paid a guy was parcells and that was leon hess

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Handled the pressure-cooker of Dallas very well.

Ex-players have nothing but nice things to say about him.

Built the best OL in the NFL.

Developed a franchise Running Back and a franchise Quarterback and a franchise WR in Dallas.  Appears to be doing the same with far less in East Rutherford.

He's an experienced head coach (check) from a pressure-cooker media environment (check) with good people skills (check) from the offensive side of the ball (check) and has developed a horde of homebrewed all-star players like Zeke, Dak, Dez, and countless OL'men (check check check).

He deserves serious consideration.

SAR I

But yet 7/10 years of no postseason football = ✓

And PS: The Giants are winning (actually below .500 and losing) because of their top 10 Defense (not their putrid offense). 

Giants Defense = 10th in total Yards allowed (top 5 run Defense) and 9th in Points allowed. 

Giants Offense = 31st in Total Yards (only our Jets and your boy Adam Gase is worse) and 30th in Points scored (only the Broncos and our Jets and your boy Adam Gase is worse). 

Anyone who attempts to credit Garrett and the Giants offense for NYG being halfway competitive doesn't know football; when it's been their top 10 Defense who've been their only competent unit. 

"Appears to be doing the same with far less in East Rutherford". 

Yea. Right. Because ranking 30th in points scored and 31st in total offense completely says otherwise ??‍♂️?

37 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It continually amazes me how many fans think every coach under the sun wants to coach in the NFL.

the majority of college coachs with success viewed the nfl as the pinnacle of coaching-some have failed there but most tried some did great like Jimmy J others like Spurrier failed .

5 minutes ago, kmnj said:

what coaches have the johnsons paid big money too?

the only time the jets paid a guy was parcells and that was leon hess

This is true. The Johnsons have spent on players, often unwisely, but they have always gone cheap at head coach.

Their tendency is rookie HCs on comparatively low salaries. Hopefully, this is finally the year they change that and pay the going rate for a proven HC.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yea. Right. Because ranking 30th in points scored and 31st in total offense completely says otherwise

Not this crap again.  Stats don't tell the story of a head coach or coordinator, there is far more to it.  

And stop acting like we can attract the very top tier of collegiate or pro head coaching talent to Florham Park.  Please, we're not the Yankees.  Guys like Gase and Garrett are the types that the Jets are entitled to, 50/50 guys, good in some areas, deficient in others, flawed. 

It's the very reason why retaining Gase is the right move right now.  We aren't good enough to attract a top guy, 0-16 teams with rosters this butchered never are.  If you want to get a new head coach, get used to the likes of Jason Garrett or Marvin Lewis, that's what you're dealing with.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Not this crap again.  Stats don't tell the story of a head coach or coordinator, there is far more to it.  

And stop acting like we can attract the very top tier of collegiate or pro head coaching talent to Florham Park.  Please, we're not the Yankees.  Guys like Gase and Garrett are the types that the Jets are entitled to, 50/50 guys, good in some areas, deficient in others, flawed. 

It's the very reason why retaining Gase is the right move right now.  We aren't good enough to attract a top guy, 0-16 teams with rosters this butchered never are.  If you want to get a new head coach, get used to the likes of Jason Garrett or Marvin Lewis, that's what you're dealing with.

SAR I

I would be fine with Garrett

• Upvote 1