the coach the jets should hire

kmnj

3 minutes ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

I would be fine with Garrett

Same here.  Good demeanor for NYC.  Developed Dak, Zeke, Dez, and a bunch of OL'men.  Is a grown-up.  Still beloved in Dallas.

I believe he's top-of-the-heap of what the Jets can attract.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

I have mentioned him several times but here goes again

If the Jets fire Gase(I think they should but I think they wont) is Dabo

most figure the jets are going to end up with the first pick and take TL- the best coach for TL is his current coach and is the one coach I would argue TL would be happy to play for -he has familiarity with him and had succeeded with him . I would also argue Dabo would be very helpful as far as identifying college players that could help the Jets as well much like Jimmy Johnson did with Dallas

Everybody knows the Jets are a clown show and some fear (I believe rightfully so ) that Trevor will try and  force a trade or refuse to go to the jets-I would argue Dabo as head coach  would help ease the mind of Trevor.

As currently set up the Jets have a terrible roster and a terrible coach-their coach and gm will be on the books for running maybe the worst team in NFL history by the time this is all over-once again Dabo would give Trevor some hope and confidence.

I don’t think they make shrimp gumbo here in NY very well. 

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

ask trevor what he thinks of him-trevor loves the dude and we are going to draft trevor-Dabo is a great recruiter and I would argue knows how  to identify talent and he has won as well

Everyone moves on from living with their parents. Give it a try.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Same here.  Good demeanor for NYC.  Developed Dak, Zeke, Dez, and a bunch of OL'men.  Is a grown-up.  Still beloved in Dallas.

I believe he's top-of-the-heap of what the Jets can attract.

SAR I

Great. Another HC with tons of talent that couldn’t get to second base. 

15 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Great. Another HC with tons of talent that couldn’t get to second base. 

December 10, 2020.  Wonderboy comes to the realization that the Jets can't attract head coaches that get to third base.  Reluctantly understands why Adam Gase is being retained for the 2021 season.

SAR I

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not this crap again.  Stats don't tell the story of a head coach or coordinator, there is far more to it.  

And stop acting like we can attract the very top tier of collegiate or pro head coaching talent to Florham Park.  Please, we're not the Yankees.  Guys like Gase and Garrett are the types that the Jets are entitled to, 50/50 guys, good in some areas, deficient in others, flawed. 

It's the very reason why retaining Gase is the right move right now.  We aren't good enough to attract a top guy, 0-16 teams with rosters this butchered never are.  If you want to get a new head coach, get used to the likes of Jason Garrett or Marvin Lewis, that's what you're dealing with.

SAR I

Why did you remove the part and the statistics showing how NYG features a top 10 Defense in both overall D and Scoring D? 

Didn't fit your agenda? 

Garrett as NYG's OC ranks 30th in Points Scored and 31st in Total Offense (he stinks). 

And wtf do the Yankees have to do with the Jets? The Yankees play in a sport where there is no salary cap and just lost to a Rays team in the playoffs despite Judge/Stanton making more $$$$$ than TB's entire roster and coaching staff (combined) ???? that's an embarrassment. 

And stop acting like we can attract the very top tier of collegiate or pro head coaching talent to Florham Park.  Please,

bill-parcells-excerpt-bill-belichick-new-york-jets.thumb.jpg.3c55cd80b8edaaf58ef077e53577a887.jpg

Says HELLO. 

Trevor-Lawrence.thumb.jpg.8fc750c62c30ab74ccc06047ec1e0859.jpg

Will soon say, HELLO. 

iharuy01jl09jspe9i4p.thumb.jpg.8eef3e6caed70844b2b9562edaddef8a.jpg

Will also have the most amount of A+ NFL salary cap available along with the most amount of draft capital over the next two years consisting of 4 1st round draft picks; in order to entice the likes of Jim Harbaugh/Bill Cowher to come to NYJ. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

only because the jets wont pay him big money-simple as that.

I bet he would jump at the chance to continue coaching TL if paid properly and the Jets should want the guy who has proven he can get top production out of Trevor-yes it was college but he will also as noted give confidence to Trevor and Trevor will have somebody he knows and trusts

He already makes big noney. He's not coming!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

yes the jets would have to pay him big 

why would he come here  three reasons

one-pay him more money-jets need to pony up the cash

two-all college coaches have big egos and think they can succeed on the biggest stage-the biggest stage is the NFL and NY market is the biggest 

three-he will be able to coach a guy that he knows can produce and in theory the jets have tons of money and good draft capital so the team should be able to have a massive talent upgrade going into next year

Steve Spurrier 2.0

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Why did you remove the part and the statistics showing how NYG features a top 10 Defense in both overall D and Scoring D? 

Didn't fit your agenda? 

Why did you not post the part and the statistics showing how DAL had several top Offensive seasons under Garrett's reign?

Didn't fit your agenda?

SAR I

58 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I am unsure why any college head coach from a prominent university would make the jump to the NFL. Just does not make much sense.

because many people want to reach the apex of their profession and the great ones think they can take their smarts to the next level

22 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

Steve Spurrier 2.0

what do you base that on ? some college guys have won in the pros some have not

he  has certainly won in college and we are going to be drafting his QB

Pete Carroll didnt need the money but wanted to prove he could  win in the NFL -he said any coach wants to win at the highest level and nothing greater than the NFL and the superbowl

Jimmy Johnson -had a great life in Miami and did anything he wanted-he jumped ship to go to the NFL and try to win a ring and he did it and stayed in the NFL because he said it is the place you want to be if you are a great coach

some try and fail like Saban and Spurrier but most of the good ones want the NFL ring

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

December 10, 2020.  Wonderboy comes to the realization that the Jets can't attract head coaches that get to third base.  Reluctantly understands why Adam Gase is being retained for the 2021 season.

SAR I

Reluctantly, SAR1 is never heard from again on JetNation come Black Monday.

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's made remarks in the past about coming into the NFL such as "never say never" but I don't believe he's leaving Clemson anytime soon. 

How many times has an NCAA QB/HC joined the NFL for the same team and @ the same time?

I can't recall? 

Also I'm not sure if Trevor would want Dabo as his NFL head coach while being considered "the coaches kid" within the locker room etc. 

Arizona, with Murray.

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

But yet 7/10 years of no postseason football = ✓

And PS: The Giants are winning (actually below .500 and losing) because of their top 10 Defense (not their putrid offense). 

Giants Defense = 10th in total Yards allowed (top 5 run Defense) and 9th in Points allowed. 

Giants Offense = 31st in Total Yards (only our Jets and your boy Adam Gase is worse) and 30th in Points scored (only the Broncos and our Jets and your boy Adam Gase is worse). 

Anyone who attempts to credit Garrett and the Giants offense for NYG being halfway competitive doesn't know football; when it's been their top 10 Defense who've been their only competent unit. 

"Appears to be doing the same with far less in East Rutherford". 

Yea. Right. Because ranking 30th in points scored and 31st in total offense completely says otherwise ??‍♂️?

Just when have the giaints had a top flight offense in the past 30 years?  Their Super Bowl wins were all about defense.

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

This is true. The Johnsons have spent on players, often unwisely, but they have always gone cheap at head coach.

Their tendency is rookie HCs on comparatively low salaries. Hopefully, this is finally the year they change that and pay the going rate for a proven HC.

The Johnson's hate paying top Head Coaches above $8M per year yet continuously pay two crappy coaches $5M each per year. Go figure! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

ask trevor what he thinks of him-trevor loves the dude and we are going to draft trevor-Dabo is a great recruiter and I would argue knows how  to identify talent and he has won as well

In fairness though Sam has said he loves Gase. So what the hell do those guys know lol.

• Upvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

The NFL is the goal for some not all coaches just as it is for college football players. 

All I am saying is that the NCAA is a better situation for the best coaches. Of course, that does not mean it is the goal of everyone. Some like chocolate, some like vanilla.

But as a whole, the best college coaches have it better than NFL in terms of:

-Pay

-Endorsements

-Fringe benefits

-Longevity

-Personel control 

19 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Best college coaches make just as much as the best NFL coaches, have greater longevity, and get to control their own personnel much better.

I've always said a really good college job is better than an NFL job. Get paid just as much, way more job security and control and less work.

Dabo is not leaving Clemson to come to the Jets.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bungaman said:

I call BS. The Johnsons may be terminally dumb, but they aren't cheap. They are acquainted with the fact that until the franchise isn't considered a dumpster fire, they will have to pay a premium for coaches and FA players. They have paid in the past, and will pay in the future.

Agree here, 100 %.  Woody knows nothing from nothing, but he has no problem throwing money around.  He spends.  The Jets are not run well, but the are lavishly appointed.  Great facilities and great player resources across the board.