the coach the jets should hire

kmnj

Per Deadspin, among public employees, this is what the highest paid jobs look like across the country, for each state:

1672861-inline-1200-highest-paid-public-

That's right.  More than half (26) of the US states pay their football coach more than any other public/state job.  Only 10 US states pay someone other than a coach more money. 

Yet people think top-end college coaches are all just dying to enter the private sector and coach in the NFL, where you have to work twice as hard for less pay, and get criticized and scrutinized a lot more?

Yeah, right.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Best college coaches make just as much as the best NFL coaches, have greater longevity, and get to control their own personnel much better.

and almost all of the elite coaches end up trying out the NFL because that is where the best of the best go

51 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

All I am saying is that the NCAA is a better situation for the best coaches. Of course, that does not mean it is the goal of everyone. Some like chocolate, some like vanilla.

But as a whole, the best college coaches have it better than NFL in terms of:

-Pay

-Endorsements

-Fringe benefits

-Longevity

-Personel control 

but yet guys like saban harbaugh jimmy  ,spurrier, carroll and I can continue with plenty more if u wish bolted great college jobs for the pros-the best usually want to compete against the best

32 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Agree here, 100 %.  Woody knows nothing from nothing, but he has no problem throwing money around.  He spends.  The Jets are not run well, but the are lavishly appointed.  Great facilities and great player resources across the board. 

once again name me any coaches the jets paid top dollar for under their ownership. I will  wait but you wont have an answer.

The johnsons never want to pay top dollar for coaches even though in the end the have to pay several coaches at a time since they hired bad ones to start out with

only leon hess paid and that was because he said he was old and wanted to win now-Parcells came to the jets

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

what do you base that on ? some college guys have won in the pros some have not

he  has certainly won in college and we are going to be drafting his QB

Pete Carroll didnt need the money but wanted to prove he could  win in the NFL -he said any coach wants to win at the highest level and nothing greater than the NFL and the superbowl

Jimmy Johnson -had a great life in Miami and did anything he wanted-he jumped ship to go to the NFL and try to win a ring and he did it and stayed in the NFL because he said it is the place you want to be if you are a great coach

some try and fail like Saban and Spurrier but most of the good ones want the NFL ring

You’re right kmnj. I like your evident spirit and love of the game. I was being cynical and going for the cheap type of laugh. Who am I to dis a man like Spurrier who had a great career on and off the field. And yes, better to have tried and fallen short in the NFL than to have hunkered behind some keyboard in the safe shadows casting aspersions. Thanks for calling me out. Whoever the coach is, and our draft picks and acquisitions, May the Jets fight hard and succeed or fail honorably. The best to you this holiday season. 

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

once again name me any coaches the jets paid top dollar for under their ownership. I will  wait but you wont have an answer.

The johnsons never want to pay top dollar for coaches even though in the end the have to pay several coaches at a time since they hired bad ones to start out with

only leon hess paid and that was because he said he was old and wanted to win now-Parcells came to the jets

They paid, Rex, Bowles & Gase their market rate.  They didn't pay them higher because they didn't need to.  

Here is where the rubber meets the road.  The coaches that would command big money DID NOT WANT TO COME TO THE JETS BECAUSE THEY KNEW FROM THE INTERVIEW THAT JOHNSON WOULD BE CONSTANTLY JERKING THEM AROUND, PULLING THEIR CHAIN, PISSING IN THEIR SOUP AND F*****G UP THEIR KITCHEN IN GENERAL.

If my supposition about Joe Douglas is correct and he is in fact the one swinging his balls around, any prospective coaches for 2021 would not have the same reason to object to coming to the Jets.

It is a new ballgame, quite literally.

Johnson will pay big money *IF* a big money coach wants the job.

And, If I am correct about Douglas and the role he is playing, we'll get a very promising HC for 2021.

If I am wrong and Johnson is still in the kitchen sticking his dick in the toaster, Gase will be back.

We'll all of us know the truth of it on January 4th.