Who has 2 thumbs & just paid for a 2021 JetNation group outing

51 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

That is awesome of you man. 

Please let me know two weeks in advance so I can schedule off from work the following Monday/Tuesday I'm scared of heights so I'll be driving instead of flying from FL to NJ and I'll buy two tickets off you for my wife and daughter (just hook me up with one Max!!). 

PS I promise I'll rock my future Jets Lawrence jersey and not the Zack Thomas my grandma bought me many of years ago as a welcome to Florida ??

Wait, did you just ask me for a free ticket to an event that doesn't have a date or price yet? One in which I said I am not looking to profit off of?

Just checking.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Wait, did you just ask me for a free ticket to an event that doesn't have a date or price yet? One in which I said I am not looking to profit off of?

Just checking.  

I'll would consider buying DWC's ticket if he agrees to sit next to Crusher.

[Pro tip: if it's a cold windy day, it's actually a plus]

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Old son goes to every game, played college football and lives and breathes Jets.

Younger son follows the Jets at a high level to know what is going on but couldn't really care less.

I won't answer which one is the smart one lol.

They're probably both smart, considering that you're one of the (very) few people who knows that it's "couldn't care less".

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Just checking.  

"planning on buying 100 or so tickets and getting a bunch of people from the site.

Yes. Yes I did. 

(Also asked for a two week notice in advance, since there's not an official date yet). 

?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

So hopefully 2021 is a return to normal and we will be throwing a JetNation tailgate before a home game and anyone who wants to go can sit with us at the game.

Fingers crossed!

If it happens @Mogglez and I will be there.  

Plus I want to see Crusher and DWCs squeezed in all cozy in their seats

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I have never been to a home Jets game.  If the Jets get Trevor Lawrence this off-season, I will make this my first one.

Any tips on cheap parking for my tractor?

Yes, don't bring your tractor. Nothing here is cheap.

$125 to park my RV each week for the game.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

You do you. How about that?  Telling other fans what they should or shouldn't do is weak imo.

I am a Jets fan. I will buy season tickets if they go 0 and 16 five years in a row. If I am healthy enough to be at that stadium I am going to be there. I feel so blessed that I haven't been sick one single Sunday from 1988 to know. I never woke up on game day sick and couldn't go. Sounds lame, all I am doing is sitting there. But over that many years you feel blessed. Never had the flu and had to miss a game.

So if I am healthy, I am there.

But next year this team is going to look different. I am pumped about it. I gave a deposit for a group outing. I am not asking anyone to spend money or do anything. I am not looking to even make $ on this. All I am saying is I feel that come next year a lot of people are going to want to go to a game. And the JetNation group outing will be there for them when they do.

:)

At no point did I "tell you what to do". In fact, I said to go right ahead. The point is, your decision makes you an enabler of failure. There's no disputing that. It's a fact.

• Thumb Down 1

19 hours ago, jgb said:

This is 100% false. The most profitable way to run a team is to cut all expenses to the bone and just teet off the NFL revenue share. As much as I joke about the Johnsons being cheap -- they do want to win. The irony of the NFL is that moves to win are usually against an owner's economic self interest. Johnsons spend money... it's just been spent poorly for a long time.

Absolutely wrong. The Jets don't spend near the cap and have a relatively cheap coaching staff.

49 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

At no point did I "tell you what to do". In fact, I said to go right ahead. The point is, your decision makes you an enabler of failure. There's no disputing that. It's a fact.

Or maybe life is short and his decision to support the team gives him a great excuse to tailgate with family/friens before having a fun time (in life) while catching a Football game?

While also having an opportunity as an owner of a great Jets fan base to give back to the members who've created for an awesome forum of a community over the years?

Look. If you feel this strongly towards "enablers" maybe you shouldn't watch NFL Football anyone. Why be an enabler of failure who gives the Jets and more importantly the NFL TV Ratings while watching the games? 

If you expect fans not to show up for games? How about you (first and foremost) stop watching NFL Football on Sunday's while improving their TV Ratings? It's a fact. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Here is what you said:

20 hours ago, JetPotato said:

What? You give these morons money?

Technically this isn't telling me what to do. Instead it is just calling me out for a decision that you disagree with.

20 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Serious though. Can we at least TRY to make a pact to not spend any money on this crap at least until Gase is fired? Not sure if you know, but it's a lot more effective than flying a banner.

This seems to be telling me what to do, at least you are asking me not to do it.

Again, you can go ahead and not spend money on the team. I totally respect that. For me, I have a few jerseys that I bought already for Christmas for people. I am renewing my season tickets and doing at least one group outing next year.

That is great that you think not spending money on the team will have an impact. Awesome for you. That does not make your opinion fact or something that can't be disputed.

I can tell you that I know for sure that Adam Gase is being fired either way once the season ends. My group outing deposit isn't going to sway that.

Have a potato of a day,

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

Old son goes to every game, played college football and lives and breathes Jets.

Younger son follows the Jets at a high level to know what is going on but couldn't really care less.

I won't answer which one is the smart one lol.

That's easy the one that takes after your wife..?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

Absolutely wrong. The Jets don't spend near the cap and have a relatively cheap coaching staff.

Macc spent like a drunken sailor nearly every season he was here.  That part is simply not true.  

The coaching staff I might be willing to give you.  Though keep in mind the Jets have been paying 2 HC's at once for much of the last decade, lol.  And I think its more of the Jets being unable to attract a coach worth paying more than the Jets being cheap about paying their coaches.

The Johnson's are stupid, but I don't believe they are cheap or against winning.  

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Macc spent like a drunken sailor nearly every season he was here.  That part is simply not true.  

The coaching staff I might be willing to give you.  Though keep in mind the Jets have been paying 2 HC's at once for much of the last decade, lol.  And I think its more of the Jets being unable to attract a coach worth paying more than the Jets being cheap about paying their coaches.

The Johnson's are stupid, but I don't believe they are cheap or against winning.  

It shouldn't be a surprise that top HC candidates are reticent to come here. We see the same with FAs -- as recently as under Macc who lost at least 2 confirmed bidding wars despite being the highest bidder.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

It shouldn't be a surprise that top HC candidates are reticent to come here. We see the same with FAs -- as recently as under Macc who lost at least 2 confirmed bidding wars despite being the highest bidder.

At least this time around we can deliver the new HC a top 2 pick with which to take a QB.  In years past the new HC was getting handed QB's like ancient Vinny Testaverde, Chad Pennington, and Geno Smith with no real hope of replacing them. 

The only time a new HC (post-Parcells) was able to draft a QB of his own, we had to move up to take....Mark Sanchez.  

So in that sense you can argue the job hasn't been this attractive in decades.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At least this time around we can deliver the new HC a top 2 pick with which to take a QB.  In years past the new HC was getting handed QB's like ancient Vinny Testaverde, Chad Pennington, and Geno Smith with no real hope of replacing them. 

The only time a new HC (post-Parcells) was able to draft a QB of his own, we had to move up to take....Mark Sanchez.  

All depends on whether JD has the oil can handy to loosen up Woody's wallet. Harbaugh or Cowher is going to demand a Gruden deal.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I'm in if we're taking a bus like the The Muppet Movie. I drink a lot and I talk a lot. I don't get embarrassed and I really don't care who I offend.

But we can talk about the bathroom and the beer line later... anyway who's driving?

Uber can drive you there. I am brave but I am not get on a bus with all of you brave.

• Haha 1