Pats must win tonight

Wonderboy

38 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I went from doubting it to expecting it.  Pats are going to be eliminated with nothing to play for and will start Stidham for “evaluation purposes”.  The Jets will be looking to avoid being among the few to go winless, all their pride on the line, and Sam auditioning for other teams.

They’ll blow the rights to Lawrence right at the very end.  Fitting.

Jets can’t mess around. They need to bench every decent player we have. All of em. Call up the practice squad guys. Sign a free agent QB to start the night before. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Jets can’t mess around. They need to bench every decent player we have. All of em. Call up the practice squad guys. Sign a free agent QB to start the night before. 

This is what they need to do but wont. Just pencil that in as a win for us. Either Jags win a game or no Lawrence.

Bill Belichick is a career loser and an absolute fraud without Tom Brady. 

Bill Belichick (without Tom Brady):

130 games coached (8.1 years).

Losing record of 60-70 (.428%).

Kosar (11-18),

Philcox (2-3),

Tomczak (4-4),

Testaverde (16-15),

Rypien (2-1),

Zeier (1-3),

Bledsoe (5-13),

Cassel (10-5),

Garoppolo (2-0),

Brissett (1-1). 

Newton: (6-6). 

1 Playoff appearance.
1-1 Postseason record (50%).
0 Super Bowl appearances.

Tom Brady: The Greatest QB of All-Time (and all Bill did was go along for the ride). .

Career accomplishments: 

9 SB appearances (6-3 record).
6x SB winner.
4x SB MVP
3x League MVP.
14x Pro Bowler.
3x First-team All-Pro.
2x Second-team All-Pro.
2x NFL Offensive Player of the Year.
1x NFL Comeback Player of the Year.
4x NFL Passing TD leader.
3x NFL passing yards leader.
1x NFL completion percentage leader.
Sporting News Athlete of the Decade (2010's).
NFL 2000's All-Decade Team.
NFL 100th anniversary All-Time Team.

Career Record of 226-69 (.766%).      

6,684/10,462 (63.9%), 77,871 passing yards, 569 TDs/190 INTs (3.0 TD-to-INT Ratio); QB Rating of 96.9. 

Compared to...

A career losing record of 60-70 (.428%) without Tom Brady

?????‍♂️????

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

8 minutes ago, Icer said:

Hopefully the Colts have nothing to play for Week 17 and rest their starters vs JAX, if they haven't already won another game by then

How is that possible? They are tied with the Titans for the division and there are 2 teams only 1 win away from them making the wildcard. There is also a huge difference between being the 7th seed having to play the Cheifs or Steelers vs the 6th seed.

Jax still have games against...

vs. Tennessee 

@ Baltimore. 

vs. Chicago. 

@ Indianapolis. 

Tennessee is 8-4 but they've gone 2-2 throughout their last 4 (and only beat Jax by 3 points week 2). 

Ravens are 7-5 but they've lost 4 of their last 6 (2-4). 

Bears are 5-7 and have lost 6 in a row (the game @Maxman promises JAX will win). 

Indianapolis is 8-4 and riding hot (5-2 throughout last 7 games) however Jax beat them 27-20 week 1 during a game where Rivers threw for over 350+ yards. 

Jax has a MUCH better chance of winning a game than our Jets do (imo)...

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Jax still have games against...

vs. Tennessee 

@ Baltimore. 

vs. Chicago. 

@ Indianapolis. 

Tennessee is 8-4 but they've gone 2-2 throughout their last 4 (and only beat Jax by 3 points week 2). 

Ravens are 7-5 but they've lost 4 of their last 6 (2-4). 

Bears are 5-7 and have lost 6 in a row (the game @Maxman promises JAX will win). 

Indianapolis is 8-4 and riding hot (5-2 throughout last 7 games) however Jax beat them 27-20 week 1 during a game where Rivers threw for over 350+ yards. 

Jax has a MUCH better chance of winning a game than our Jets do (imo)...

An eliminated New England with Jarrett Stidham at the helm is far more dangerous to the tank.

Jax has to win another game or you can almost certainly kiss Trevor Lawrence goodbye.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I disagree. Cam Newton threw 0 TDs against us and we still lost to N.E. 

Cam still accounted for 2 TDs on the ground while going 27/35 and 274 yards through the air.  Most importantly, he didn’t turn the ball over.

Stidham is not doing any of that.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Cam still accounted for 2 TDs on the ground while going 27/35 and 274 yards through the air.

Stidham is not doing that.

And Sam has gone 4/5 games without a single TD thrown and is ranked 41st in QB Rating this year...

Sam will not beat N.E. 

And where are you coming up with this "Stidham" crap from? Did you not watch Bill's press conference? He clearly made it known 100% that CAM is his QB...

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

McVay.....king of the rotational backs....gives Cam Akers 80% of the snaps on the night I bet Henderson to go over a measly 22 yds. 

FML

Unsurpsingly, I’m facing cam Akers in fantasy playoffs. Been that kind of year. Most points scored but also most points against. Barely crawled into 6th seed and about to get bounced already.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Unsurpsingly, I’m facing cam Akers in fantasy playoffs. Been that kind of year. Most points scored but also most points against. Barely crawled into 6th seed and about to get bounced already.

Yes as an FSU fan I absolutely loved him coming out and had him mocked to us in the 3rd round during my JN mock draft (was hoping he'd fall into the 3rd, which he didn't) always reminded me of a mixture of a Warrick Dunn/Leon Washington/Dalvin Cook type of explosive smaller back. Kid is going to become super special on an NFL level..

12 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And Sam has gone 4/5 games without a single TD thrown and is ranked 41st in QB Rating this year...

Sam will not beat N.E. 

Sam is coming off a decent performance against a team better than NE right now, so those numbers are meaningless because that 41st ranked QB is a Gregg Williams call away from beating that aforementioned “better” team.  Also, judging by how Stidham has played in every bit of action he has been thrust into, they won’t even need Sam to do anything.

I would love to be wrong.  I have no problem with 0-16 if it means getting Lawrence.  If Stidham starts that game, we are almost definitely not going 0-16.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes as an FSU fan I absolutely loved him coming out and had him mocked to us in the 3rd round during my JN mock draft (was hoping he'd fall into the 3rd, which he didn't) always reminded me of a mixture of a Warrick Dunn/Leon Washington/Dalvin Cook type of explosive smaller back. Kid is going to become super special on an NFL level..

Tried to trade for him all year (dynasty league) but owner wouldn’t budge. He had a really slow start but picked the best time to explode (well not for me lol)

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Sam is coming off a decent performance against a team better than NE right now, so those numbers are meaningless because that 41st ranked QB is a Gregg Williams call away from beating that aforementioned “better” team.  Also, judging by how Stidham has played in every bit of action he has been thrust into, they won’t even need Sam to do anything.

I would love to be wrong.  I have no problem with 0-16 if it means getting Lawrence.  If Stidham starts that game, we are almost definitely not going 0-16.

Where are you coming up with this "Stidham" crap?

Did you not watch Bill's press conference? 

Because he made it known 100% that CAM is his QB (and multiple times too). 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

It was the hypothetical scenario that I presented in my post that you quoted.  Of course Cam will be his QB...as long as they’re in contention.  They will not be in contention for much longer.  That’s when the “we need to see what we have in Jarrett” conversation starts happening.  Cam has absolutely no future in New England.  There is no upside to playing him once they are eliminated.  I expect Stidham to become the starter once they are mathematically out of the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Bill still thinks he can get in as a wildcard if he sweeps the next 3 games. Once they're eliminated they will probably play Stidhem destroying any hope of us getting Lawrence without a Jaguar win.

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

How is that possible? They are tied with the Titans for the division and there are 2 teams only 1 win away from them making the wildcard. There is also a huge difference between being the 7th seed having to play the Cheifs or Steelers vs the 6th seed.

It's not a given, but hopefully we'll know by then if they a seed locked up

8 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

So we just need to bench Becton, Mims and Q.  That should be easy.

• Haha 1