Dabo Swinney on with Rich Eisen

Marshmello

29 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

top draft pikcs go to bad teams. period.

Exactly why I've been laughing at fans who've stated he'll run away from the Jets in order to go back to school as if a legendary Steelers/Packers type of Franchise could draft him next year. 

And as I've mentioned time and time again the NFL draft isn't free agency and these NCAA kids coming into the league have no sayso of which teams will draft them; none, whatsoever. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

After watching this, I don't think Lawrence stays in school. If the Jets have the first pick, he'll be a Jet. I'm glad Dabo wasn't on with Mike Greenberg.  Greenie would have probably said something stupid like Lawrence needs to avoid the Jets...

Why would Greenberg say that? He’s a lifelong Jets fan. 

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Exactly why I've been laughing at fans who've stated he'll run away from the Jets in order to go back to school as if a legendary Steelers/Packers type of Franchise could draft him next year. 

And as I've mentioned time and time again the NFL draft isn't free agency and these NCAA kids coming into the league have no sayso of which teams will draft them; none, whatsoever. 

False, guys with severe pull/leverage IE Elway, Bo, and Eli did this already.  Now I don’t know jack poo about Lawrence and his personal ties to anyone with serious NFL clout, or if he is going to get drafted in another sport with a reported large contract offer on the table

19 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

False? You come up with a handful of players? Not even 10 players, you couldn't use 10 players as examples but claim "false"?

What about the thousands of draftees who were FORCED to play for their respected teams who drafted them? They had to play for those teams like Cincinnati and Cleveland, right? 

Lawrence has no pull and/or no leverage whatsoever. 

He can kick and scream and demand a trade all he likes and until he's blue in the face too; but Joe Douglas will laugh at him while still drafting him (because that's how the NFL draft, works). 

He has only one of two options...

1.) Play for the Jets and live out his lifelong dream of being selected into the NFL #1 overall. 

2.) Go back to Clemson within another NCAA Vivid tainted season while risking a season/career ending injury. 

That's it. No other option for him. 

I used those specific players because they were all considered franchise changing guys that no team is trading unless absolutely forced to.  And from what I hear Lawrence falls in this same category.

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I used those specific players because they were all considered franchise changing guys that no team is trading unless absolutely forced to.  And from what I hear Lawrence falls in this same category.

Lawrence falls into the same category as every other potential Franchise changing players who've been drafted before him; and had to play for the teams who drafted them. 

He could demand a trade until he's blue in the face and JD will still draft him (this isn't free agency). 

He can either play for the Jets or go back to Clemson for another covid tainted season while risking a career ending injury; he has no other option man. 

3 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

He also said that Trevor is getting married so he's gonna need that big paycheck to keep his wife happy.

Imagine telling your new bride that you are going to have to wait a year to be a millionaire because you want to avoid being the star QB for a particular NFL franchise. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Lawrence falls into the same category as every other potential Franchise changing players who've been drafted before him; and had to play for the teams who drafted them. 

He could demand a trade until he's blue in the face and JD will still draft him (this isn't free agency). 

He can either play for the Jets or go back to Clemson for another covid tainted season while risking a career ending injury; he has no other option man. 

You just haven’t been paying attention 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Regardless dont you have to be bad to get the #1 pick - dabo 

Damn the panic crew not gonna like this reality 

That’s like saying someone who is worried the plane will crash will not like it when they land safety. Jets fans are absolutely justified in worrying about the worst case scenario. Everyone here wants the Jets to win, man.